JDMCITY.COM

JDMCITY.COM (http://www.jdmcity.com/index.php)
-   Nissan Forum (http://www.jdmcity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   First car! Need help! (http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=25190)

Bukchino 03/23/2013 12:44 PM

First car! Need help!

I have a choice between 02 Sentra SE-R Spec V or a Z32 which one is better???????????

The Laser 03/23/2013 12:47 PM

Re: First car! Need help!

What's your definition of "better"? What are you wanting out of it? What do you plan on doing? C'mon, friggin details dude.

Bukchino 03/23/2013 03:37 PM

Something that is going to make me have a orgasm ever time I put the pedal to the floor

Iowan82 03/23/2013 05:10 PM

Like Laser said it depends on what you are looking for. For me its the rev of a rotary motor. Or a Honda for ease and reliability god knows rotary isnt always the most reliable. If your intrested in building your car then do research on it before you buy. That's the best advice I have for you. That's how it was for me with my Rx7. If you want power, read up on it. If I want reliablity, read up on it. There's plenty of Nissan forums I believe there is a local Nissan forum if your in Iowa. At least its been advertised on this forum recently. It all depends kn you man. Everyone has there opinion.

The Laser 03/23/2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bukchino (Post 316338)
Something that is going to make me have a orgasm ever time I put the pedal to the floor

Dear Jesus Christ. Neither, get an evo.

The Laser 03/23/2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowan82 (Post 316341)
Like Laser said it depends on what you are looking for. For me its the rev of a rotary motor. Or a Honda for ease and reliability god knows rotary isnt always the most reliable. If your intrested in building your car then do research on it before you buy. That's the best advice I have for you. That's how it was for me with my Rx7. If you want power, read up on it. If I want reliablity, read up on it. There's plenty of Nissan forums I believe there is a local Nissan forum if your in Iowa. At least its been advertised on this forum recently. It all depends kn you man. Everyone has there opinion.

You have no idea how much I want to go grammar nazi on you right now lol

dalawoi 03/24/2013 11:44 AM

Spec v will be slow.. z32 if tt would be the best choice

Iowan82 03/24/2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Laser (Post 316344)
You have no idea how much I want to go grammar nazi on you right now lol

I know the sad thing is I was trying to fix most of it :teeth:. I don't get mad about that shit. It was always my worst subject. I do try though because its a forum, and who knows how many people read it. If I didn't try I would make myself look like a five year old. English teachers always loved me. :thumbsup:

The Laser 03/24/2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalawoi (Post 316365)
Spec v will be slow.. z32 if tt would be the best choice

TT is just as slow since it weighs close to 2 tons. They're also a giant PITA to work on for anything beyond basic maintenance.

Iowan82 03/24/2013 05:01 PM

Well light and fun would be an Ef hatch its like a Go Kart unless its an si or si tranny then it has some pull. Haha :teeth:

The Laser 03/24/2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowan82 (Post 316384)
Well light and fun would be an Ef hatch its like a Go Kart unless its an si or si tranny then it has some pull. Haha :teeth:

Or get a miata. RWD, lite as fuck, and very reliable.

nvongphandy 03/24/2013 07:32 PM

If you think of purchasing the Spec V, you should get it check out before purchasing it because of the butterfly screws problem and the precat failure and the MAF sensor . Also check if the motor isn't burning oil or if white smoke is coming out. There are many advantages and disadvantages between the spec v and z32 such as age, fwd/rwd, 2/4door.
Known this information because I own a Spec V myself .

JDMxTAi 03/24/2013 09:06 PM

QR25DE were notorious for spinning their bearings around the 2002 time, I'd watch out for that too. Just like what they've said above.
They both can be fast if you do the right things to them. The only thing you're most likely not gonna change is the fact that it's a FWD vs RWD, 2 Door vs 4 door. Assuming you're getting the Turbo z32 insurance will make a huge difference too. If you're keeping the car through out the year, the z32 will either be a fun or a dangerous car for you; depending how good of a winter driver you are. You gotta add lots of different factors when you're buying your first car.

Iowan82 03/24/2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Laser (Post 316388)
Or get a miata. RWD, lite as fuck, and very reliable.

I second that motion! Always wanted one but haven't had the funds for it lol.

99eclipse 03/25/2013 08:03 AM

get a gsx, fast, fun, cheap, an awd! :cheers:

The Laser 03/25/2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99eclipse (Post 316404)
get a gsx, fast, fun, cheap, an awd! :cheers:

As much as I wanted to say that in the first place, I just couldn't. He would have to know a decent amount of knowledge in order to buy one due to the fact that there are too many stupid owners who cut corners modding them. Though a prime example of what to look for is the DSM in the FS section on here. No cut corners and, if I remember the guy, takes very good care of his cars.

99eclipse 03/27/2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Laser (Post 316408)
As much as I wanted to say that in the first place, I just couldn't. He would have to know a decent amount of knowledge in order to buy one due to the fact that there are too many stupid owners who cut corners modding them. Though a prime example of what to look for is the DSM in the FS section on here. No cut corners and, if I remember the guy, takes very good care of his cars.

to me a gsx, has to offer all he was wanting and there very affordable for what you get if you know what your lookin for when making the purchase :thumbsup:

and dam i wish i had the money for the talon in the f.s. section :sad:

The Laser 03/27/2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99eclipse (Post 316485)
to me a gsx, has to offer all he was wanting and there very affordable for what you get if you know what your lookin for when making the purchase :thumbsup:

and dam i wish i had the money for the talon in the f.s. section :sad:

yea, the one FS is tits. but most people dont know what to look for, especially if it has a bunch of DIY mods done to it. thats why bone stock or properly modded ones run a premium. though he has a great price on it. im guessing the OP is looking for a first car considering he thinks a spec-v or Z32 would give bitches an orgasm :roflmao:

99eclipse 03/27/2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Laser (Post 316490)
yea, the one FS is tits. but most people dont know what to look for, especially if it has a bunch of DIY mods done to it. thats why bone stock or properly modded ones run a premium. though he has a great price on it. im guessing the OP is looking for a first car considering he thinks a spec-v or Z32 would give bitches an orgasm :roflmao:

ya that talon was done right from what i see, could make some real good power with just a little tweaking, but 90% of people who get a turbo dsm have it blown up in 3 months..
this kid most not have rode in any real fast cars if he thinks these are fast...

The Laser 03/28/2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99eclipse (Post 316522)
ya that talon was done right from what i see, could make some real good power with just a little tweaking, but 90% of people who get a turbo dsm have it blown up in 3 months..
this kid most not have rode in any real fast cars if he thinks these are fast...

probably not. although fast can be subjective if you think about it. a good example is driving a go-kart at 20 MPH vs an SUV at the same speed. your sense of speed will differ between them greatly. if i had to choose between the 2 though, id go with the V-spec, simply because they are easier to work on and have a better power:weight ratio in the end. the Z32 is great for style, but its in the same league as a N/T 3000GT, heavy tank and a bitch to work on. if he has a good income and can afford it, he could get style and speed with an LS swapped S5 vert. as i like to say, drop tops make the tops drop.

Iowan82 03/28/2013 11:17 AM

Anyone noticed he hasn't been active on this thread since those two comments..? Matt Franks the owner of that talon is a good guy knows what he's doing for sure. I agree with the prespective of speed as to what laser said. I'd pick the go kart over the suv though. Personally I stay away fron DSM I have thought about getting one or looking at one but I don't hear good things. There pretty much "Knock knock jokes" 2gs are sweet if done right though. 99eclipse your avatar phone is a nice looking one.

The Laser 03/28/2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowan82 (Post 316536)
Anyone noticed he hasn't been active on this thread since those two comments..? Matt Franks the owner of that talon is a good guy knows what he's doing for sure. I agree with the prespective of speed as to what laser said. I'd pick the go kart over the suv though. Personally I stay away fron DSM I have thought about getting one or looking at one but I don't hear good things. There pretty much "Knock knock jokes" 2gs are sweet if done right though. 99eclipse your avatar phone is a nice looking one.

The exact same thing is said about rx7s, yet you have one of those.

Bukchino 03/28/2013 03:55 PM

Sorry guys it looks like my mother choose for me I got a eg6

99eclipse 03/28/2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bukchino (Post 316544)

does that make you fell like this?
"Something that is going to make me have a orgasm ever time I put the pedal to the floor" ?

The Laser 03/28/2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bukchino (Post 316544)

Post pics of said mother :teeth: