JDMCITY.COM

JDMCITY.COM (http://www.jdmcity.com/index.php)
-   Drag/AutoX/Road Course Racing (http://www.jdmcity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Drift areas (http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=23198)

tgross1994 07/16/2012 10:56 PM

Drift areas
 
Anyone knew were there's a good drift place that is pretty low key

b18pwr 07/17/2012 08:00 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../Face_Palm.jpg

Dj Technick 07/17/2012 11:45 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
lololololololol

I'll post a pic and if you can figure out where it's at, then you found yourself a nice low key drift spot.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._3266355_n.jpg

Oh and here's another one.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...58347022_n.jpg

luis31 07/17/2012 12:27 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
me and a few buddies do some drifting at this address #25 East First Street. you should try it and give us a holler if you are in the area

tgross1994 07/17/2012 01:09 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Technick (Post 296169)
lololololololol

I'll post a pic and if you can figure out where it's at, then you found yourself a nice low key drift spot.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._3266355_n.jpg

Oh and here's another one.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...58347022_n.jpg


I'm pretty sure I know this location.

Dj Technick 07/17/2012 01:20 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Those are two different places. The second one is nice for screwing around/practicing and not having to worry about cops showing up.

tgross1994 07/17/2012 09:24 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Well I'm just getting into drifting so the second location is probably going to be my best bet. I've messed around on gravel but that's not the same.

Dj Technick 07/18/2012 10:53 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgross1994 (Post 296217)
Well I'm just getting into drifting so the second location is probably going to be my best bet. I've messed around on gravel but that's not the same.

What kind of car do you have? And are you from Cedar Rapids like your profile says?

tgross1994 07/18/2012 05:53 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
I was going to get a thunderbird but the kid kept it. I'm now back to looking for a car, I got 2 grand and yeah I'm in c.r

Tommy 07/18/2012 06:51 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgross1994 (Post 296341)
I was going to get a thunderbird but the kid kept it. I'm now back to looking for a car, I got 2 grand and yeah I'm in c.r

You want to drift with a Thunderbird....? :spoiled:

tgross1994 07/19/2012 12:10 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy (Post 296347)
You want to drift with a Thunderbird....? :spoiled:

It's been done, the kid had it sideways every time I was with him so it's possible.

Dj Technick 07/19/2012 10:06 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
A thunderbird would be a horrible drift car. Just cuz a guy can skid one around a corner or do donuts doesn't mean anything. I've slid corners in a turbo diesel truck, doesn't mean it's a car that you drift with.

You said you have 2g to play with? You're like 1/5th of the way there towards having a "Decent/entry level" drift car. If you're serious about wanting to start drifting a 240sx will be the easiest car, well easiest in a sense due to the amount of support there is for the S chassis, parts are a dime a dozen for them, they have massive forums built off the car (nicoclub, zilvia, 240sxforums, ect...), anything you could ever imagine wanting to know about them is a simple type a question and hit search on google, then be provided with a million pages full of answers. However don't mistake this for cheap, drifting is not cheap and it is not possible to be a serious driver and be cheap at the same time. There are more parts needed then you realize, and it cost a pretty penny for the good parts.

Look around at what entry level drift cars are available, things I would recommend are the 240sx, AE-86 (underpowered), Miata, and possibly an FC RX-7 (I've heard a lot of mixed emotions about these, some owners love em to death, and others have hated them a ridiculous amount). Of that car selection the 240 has the most support and is easier to modify. The Miata also has a lot of support and is easy to modify. The 86 is old, support is there but not like the 240 has, some fabrication might be required. The RX-7 I'm not too familiar with but I have heard complaints about finding suspension components for the cars which is critical for a drift car.

tgross1994 07/19/2012 01:47 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
I have friend with a rx7, he loves the car, if you go to meets you might of seen it. It's a 90 rx7 blue, hellaflushed, pink rims. His name is Brent. He used to drift his 240sx too. I thought about a getting a starion or better known as chrysler conquest.

Dj Technick 07/19/2012 02:06 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgross1994 (Post 296437)
I have friend with a rx7, he loves the car, if you go to meets you might of seen it. It's a 90 rx7 blue, hellaflushed, pink rims. His name is Brent. He used to drift his 240sx too. I thought about a getting a starion or better known as chrysler conquest.

I know who Brent Johnston is.

Mienke 07/19/2012 02:50 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Technick (Post 296413)
A thunderbird would be a horrible drift car. Just cuz a guy can skid one around a corner or do donuts doesn't mean anything. I've slid corners in a turbo diesel truck, doesn't mean it's a car that you drift with.

You said you have 2g to play with? You're like 1/5th of the way there towards having a "Decent/entry level" drift car. If you're serious about wanting to start drifting a 240sx will be the easiest car, well easiest in a sense due to the amount of support there is for the S chassis, parts are a dime a dozen for them, they have massive forums built off the car (nicoclub, zilvia, 240sxforums, ect...), anything you could ever imagine wanting to know about them is a simple type a question and hit search on google, then be provided with a million pages full of answers. However don't mistake this for cheap, drifting is not cheap and it is not possible to be a serious driver and be cheap at the same time. There are more parts needed then you realize, and it cost a pretty penny for the good parts.

Look around at what entry level drift cars are available, things I would recommend are the 240sx, AE-86 (underpowered), Miata, and possibly an FC RX-7 (I've heard a lot of mixed emotions about these, some owners love em to death, and others have hated them a ridiculous amount). Of that car selection the 240 has the most support and is easier to modify. The Miata also has a lot of support and is easy to modify. The 86 is old, support is there but not like the 240 has, some fabrication might be required. The RX-7 I'm not too familiar with but I have heard complaints about finding suspension components for the cars which is critical for a drift car.

its cool to see people actually helping people on here and not hatin :thumbsup:
you might be able to get away with a few drifts at night at Westdale Mall? im not sure how the cops are on the side of town, just something you could chill around and see the cop population over a few days and what not then try it out. good luck on the drifting man, and props for being a CR guy :cheers:

JDM_Cb7 07/19/2012 08:16 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgross1994 (Post 296437)
I have friend with a rx7, he loves the car, if you go to meets you might of seen it. It's a 90 rx7 blue, hellaflushed, pink rims. His name is Brent. He used to drift his 240sx too. I thought about a getting a starion or better known as chrysler conquest.

who are you?.

tgross1994 07/19/2012 10:10 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM_Cb7 (Post 296486)
who are you?.

Trevor gross. Why does it matter?

tgross1994 07/19/2012 10:13 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mienke (Post 296442)
its cool to see people actually helping people on here and not hatin :thumbsup:
you might be able to get away with a few drifts at night at Westdale Mall? im not sure how the cops are on the side of town, just something you could chill around and see the cop population over a few days and what not then try it out. good luck on the drifting man, and props for being a CR guy :cheers:

The mall is like always dead and cops aren't constant but security hates me thanks to doing stupid stuff in my younger days so I'm kicked out of the mall and am not supposed to be on property.

Dj Technick 07/20/2012 08:21 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM_Cb7 (Post 296486)
who are you?.

LOL :roflmao:

JDM_Cb7 07/20/2012 12:20 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgross1994 (Post 296501)
Trevor gross. Why does it matter?

it matters because people usually don't give up drift spots to other people, for fear that they will get the place ruined by the cops.

JDM_Cb7 07/20/2012 12:24 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj Technick (Post 296552)
LOL :roflmao:

go collect your unemployment.

on a side note, i have been meaning to tell you that my parents did not buy me my rx8. I bought it, with of course help from a bank loan. However, i paid for every bit of insurance, maintenance, parts, etc. Get your facts straight, bum. I would have been able to tell you over facebook, had you not deleted me like a high school girl.

Dj Technick 07/20/2012 03:30 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM_Cb7 (Post 296584)
go collect your unemployment.

on a side note, i have been meaning to tell you that my parents did not buy me my rx8. I bought it, with of course help from a bank loan. However, i paid for every bit of insurance, maintenance, parts, etc. Get your facts straight, bum. I would have been able to tell you over facebook, had you not deleted me like a high school girl.

Actually I've got a job now :tongue:

tgross1994 07/20/2012 05:13 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Keepin' it classy and beefing on a thread.

BoostinSRT 09/05/2012 11:56 AM

Re: Drift areas
 
is drifting hard? id like to get into this

Dj Technick 09/05/2012 12:10 PM

Re: Drift areas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostinSRT (Post 301754)
is drifting hard? id like to get into this

...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.