JDMCITY.COM

JDMCITY.COM (http://www.jdmcity.com/index.php)
-   Do It Yourself (DIY) (http://www.jdmcity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Exhaust... (http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=20171)

kevs92hatch 11/15/2011 11:16 PM

Exhaust...

Have an issue with my exhaust... Rite now the car has no muffler, I had to take the exhaust off when i had the car painted, and it wont fit unless i cut into the lip and bumper!! Which i DO NOT want to do... Anyone have an ideas of how to get around this problem... I thought about just have the exhaust behind the bumper but scared it will heat up to much and ruin the paint on the bumper! I was going to see if there was something to spray the inside of the bumper with to prevent this but still worries me!! Anyone got any ideas?!?!

mike03 11/16/2011 01:59 AM

Re: Exhaust...

custom exhaust :thumbsup:

kevs92hatch 11/16/2011 06:08 PM

Yeah i gotta go something!!!

deadmoans 11/18/2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevs92hatch (Post 259539)
Have an issue with my exhaust... Rite now the car has no muffler, I had to take the exhaust off when i had the car painted, and it wont fit unless i cut into the lip and bumper!! Which i DO NOT want to do... Anyone have an ideas of how to get around this problem... I thought about just have the exhaust behind the bumper but scared it will heat up to much and ruin the paint on the bumper! I was going to see if there was something to spray the inside of the bumper with to prevent this but still worries me!! Anyone got any ideas?!?!

lots of ideas. you can have a good exhaust shop (Iowa Muffler or Terry's Exhaust) install a good quality resonator between the CAT and where the pipe starts it's "S" bend, there's already a stock one there and there might be room for a second one to help keep it quiet. And then they can build a custom "axle" pipe with a "turn down." This way the exhaust will be aimed at the ground and not the bumper. Guys with turbos and 3" exhaust do this.

Now, that I think more about it they could simply cut the end of the "axle pipe" (where the muffler was) and then just bend a little piece of aluminized steel and weld it on. That would be cheap. And then if it's too loud without the muffler they should be able to give you some ideas about using resonators as described above.

If all else fails, they should be able to build a custom "axle pipe" and install a muffler of your choice.

Dj Technick 11/18/2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadmoans (Post 260231)
lots of ideas. you can have a good exhaust shop (Iowa Muffler or Terry's Exhaust) install a good quality resonator between the CAT and where the pipe starts it's "S" bend, there's already a stock one there and there might be room for a second one to help keep it quiet. And then they can build a custom "axle" pipe with a "turn down." This way the exhaust will be aimed at the ground and not the bumper. Guys with turbos and 3" exhaust do this.

Now, that I think more about it they could simply cut the end of the "axle pipe" (where the muffler was) and then just bend a little piece of aluminized steel and weld it on. That would be cheap. And then if it's too loud without the muffler they should be able to give you some ideas about using resonators as described above.

If all else fails, they should be able to build a custom "axle pipe" and install a muffler of your choice.

x2