JDMCITY.COM

JDMCITY.COM (http://www.jdmcity.com/index.php)
-   Mitsubishi Forum (http://www.jdmcity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   DSMr's Unite! (http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=19687)

pirate 10/13/2011 03:25 PM

DSMr's Unite!
 
I figured we should stop plugging up Sierra's welcome thread :wink:

So , I figure we start by getting a roll calll of who is currently active, what they drive (DSM wise) and go from there.. I know the season is over.. and some of us DD our DSM's and some dont.. but nows a good as time as any to kinda get to know each other.. Especially since winter time brings Mods!, and sometimes we all could use help, so this might be a way to better facilitate that. In my mind, i figure we can start getting a few meet and greets goin.. I know for me, Im typically a little more standoffish in a big crowd, especially full of honduhs :wink:

So we can use this thread to talk about potential, meet ideas or w.e it takes to form a DSM crew :teeth:

Ill start off:

Cody: 2 avengers, 1 for go , 1 for show. I don't drive them in the winter or rain.. lol i baby them..:teeth:

importsusa 10/13/2011 03:28 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
This thread already sucks....I'm going back to Sierra's thread.....LOL:roflmao::teeth:

pirate 10/13/2011 03:33 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
F@%ker! LOL:roflmao: prolly cuz u drive a honduh :roflmao::teeth:

The Laser 10/13/2011 03:38 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
I drive a DSMs cousin, a dodge stratus sxt coupe. Nothing special, but quite fun on twisties with the right tires. I used to have the red laser in my profile pic, but it broke down and I was too poor to try fixin it. I hope to get another 1g some day. There have been quite a few on CL for cheap lately.

importsusa 10/13/2011 03:40 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate (Post 253546)
F@%ker! LOL:roflmao: prolly cuz u drive a honduh :roflmao::teeth:

think again buddy........I got this in hiding....only cause it don't run....LOL ha ha

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/9532417c.jpg

The Laser 10/13/2011 03:44 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by importsusa (Post 253549)
think again buddy........I got this in hiding....only cause it don't run....LOL ha ha

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/9532417c.jpg

boy, does that sound familiar lol

pirate 10/13/2011 03:54 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
crap i forgot you had one in hiding! Looks nice! i see a SMIM back there and some other goodies.. get er done.. i like the COP, thats what ill be doing soon too

BTW.. i have a line on powder coating:cool:

Laser: that have the 2.4 in it? spirited little 4cyl isnt it :teeth:

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 04:00 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
i got a 95 mitsubishi galant im swapping in a 4g63t making it awd rhd i do believe it will be the first one ever done. i know one guy on galantcenter.org made a 95 awd 4g63t later to replace it with a 2.4 and in japan they came awd twin turbo with the 3.0 motor. Its been quite the project so far alot of hate and love every part i get for this car has a story behind it. but thats what im building anyways i do have a build thread in here somewhere. Ive owned 28 1g some turbo some not acouple awd i have a big love for anything with the 3 diamonds. glad to see im not the only :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...26011421-2.gif

pirate 10/13/2011 04:02 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
and the ranks grow.. mwmahaha ..
kool build fo sho!:cheers:

The Laser 10/13/2011 04:18 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotclutch87 (Post 253560)
i got a 95 mitsubishi galant im swapping in a 4g63t making it awd rhd i do believe it will be the first one ever done. i know one guy on galantcenter.org made a 95 awd 4g63t later to replace it with a 2.4 and in japan they came awd twin turbo with the 3.0 motor. Its been quite the project so far alot of hate and love every part i get for this car has a story behind it. but thats what im building anyways i do have a build thread in here somewhere. Ive owned 28 1g some turbo some not acouple awd i have a big love for anything with the 3 diamonds. glad to see im not the only :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...26011421-2.gif

Just to clarify. The galant you're thinking about is the 2000-2004 galant VR-4. they use the same motor, tranny and AWD system the GTO twin turbo uses. They have also made wagon versions of the car as well. Now that's a grocery getter lol.

The Laser 10/13/2011 04:20 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate (Post 253554)
crap i forgot you had one in hiding! Looks nice! i see a SMIM back there and some other goodies.. get er done.. i like the COP, thats what ill be doing soon too

BTW.. i have a line on powder coating:cool:

Laser: that have the 2.4 in it? spirited little 4cyl isnt it :teeth:

It is. Sadly it's an auto though, but I'm hoping to find maybe an older one that's stick for cheap. You can drop in an evo head with little modification too, which is what I plan to do. Or use some 2g parts and turbo the single cam.

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 04:29 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
vr4 jdm galant was made 95-97 as well came factory right hand drive awd twin turbo :) not just the 8th gens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant_VR-4

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 04:29 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate (Post 253561)
and the ranks grow.. mwmahaha ..
kool build fo sho!:cheers:

thanks :smile:

The Laser 10/13/2011 04:50 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotclutch87 (Post 253574)
vr4 jdm galant was made 95-97 as well came factory right hand drive awd twin turbo :) not just the 8th gens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant_VR-4

so, in a sense, we were both wrong. they came with 2.0s, not 3.0 in either one. but its wikipedia, so im taking it with a grain of salt lol.

mattcossel29 10/13/2011 04:50 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
I like this idea. There is also a DSM group on the very inactive http://www.clubdsta.net/phpBB/ but they do put on a decent meet ever year on the first weekend of April called "April spools day".

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 04:55 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Laser (Post 253583)
so, in a sense, we were both wrong. they came with 2.0s, not 3.0 in either one. but its wikipedia, so im taking it with a grain of salt lol.

lol

The Laser 10/13/2011 04:57 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcossel29 (Post 253584)
I like this idea. There is also a DSM group on the very inactive http://www.clubdsta.net/phpBB/ but they do put on a decent meet ever year on the first weekend of April called "April spools day".

only problem is its always dead on the site. we just need more people who can actually somewhat commit to the site other than me and 2 other guys lol.

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 05:00 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
have you guys ever heard of mitsu style out of minn? i am a member there they have bad ass dsm only meets every year i just went up there this year so much fun. heres a link of the site.

http://www.mitsustyle.com/

lovefordsms 10/13/2011 05:49 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Im chad i have two 95 eagle talons tsi fwd lol one is getting painted the other is a parts car thats for sale.:cool:

pirate 10/13/2011 06:55 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
DSTA is dead... we have already discussed this lol..

Minn has a few good meets, theres a mitsu cook out up there, as well as a mitstu/dodge show etc.. we will deff have to go to those..

Laser.. you cannot mod a EVO head to put on your 2.4 (edz).. im not sure who is telling you these things but they are high and very drunk.. that 2.4/2.0 head is better then an evo head anyways.. 420A heads are inspired by lotus.. they flow insanely better then most stock heads.. ill look for the flow results, but im pretty sure it was like 96% efficient where most oem heads are in the 70s -80s. and the nvt 350 (manual trans) will bolt up to that 2.4 just fine..

Hi chad. :bye:

lovefordsms 10/13/2011 07:09 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
:bye: lol anyone know who will buy a parts car i need this thing gone.

gotclutch87 10/13/2011 07:09 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate (Post 253612)
DSTA is dead... we have already discussed this lol..

Minn has a few good meets, theres a mitsu cook out up there, as well as a mitstu/dodge show etc.. we will deff have to go to those..

Laser.. you cannot mod a EVO head to put on your 2.4 (edz).. im not sure who is telling you these things but they are high and very drunk.. that 2.4/2.0 head is better then an evo head anyways.. 420A heads are inspired by lotus.. they flow insanely better then most stock heads.. ill look for the flow results, but im pretty sure it was like 96% efficient where most oem heads are in the 70s -80s. and the nvt 350 (manual trans) will bolt up to that 2.4 just fine..

Hi chad. :bye:

all mitsu cookout was awesome deff would like to get a group from around here to go very fun

mattcossel29 10/13/2011 07:30 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
I have an idea, what do you all think about me re naming this thread to something about official Mitsubishi/DSM meet thread and we can post info on mid west meets. I can also sticky it.

MissMitsubitchi 10/13/2011 07:33 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
Damn I sure miss alot when I go back to work for 5 hrs lol My shit got blown up! lol

pirate 10/13/2011 08:02 PM

Re: DSMr's Unite!
 
lol, yes it did blow up!


Id say we could change tittle, but i was thinking this would be more for "forming" a crew, perhaps we can sticky another post that will for ever be local meets/events for this crew..?
maybe "official DSM DSM crew" lol idk


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.