View Single Post
Old 04/16/2012, 02:03 AM   #21
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Default Re: New wheels time for moar low

Decided to post a quick update on the setup.

Lowered the front about as far as I can go without having the wheels rub every time I hit a bump.

Had some technical dificulties along the way. My suspension decided it didn't want to come loose. Then with added force the spanner wrenches couldn't handle it and bent. So I had to order some new ones, and some nice ones at that.

New next to the old.

Now for some pics of the suspension.

First I tried attaching a ratchet by itself.

Didn't have much luck with that...turned out I had to use the entire jack handle, then run at it as fast as I could and put all of my body's weight into it. After 10 tries or so they finally came loose!

Lowered another inch and a quarter. Plus added some preload to try and get rid of some of my suspension travel till I get stiffer springs.

Here are a few before and after pictures.

Satisfied with the new height up front (which is actually a quarter of an inch lower then the rear even tho it doesn't look like it) I took her out for a spin to find that when turning the wheels left the driverside was having a jolly good time rubbing away. Turns out the wheel was still able to hit some of the exposed part of the harness.

Luckly I'm not the only one to have ever had this problem before. So I called up Taylor Stringer to ask him about what he did on his S13, and I copied off his aluminum plate idea.

Quick made a template out of cardboard and riveted the bitch on there.

It isn't exactly the most beautiful looking thing in the world but this will have to do for now.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)