JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 11/20/2012, 04:36 PM   #1
DSM4LIFE
JDM Knight

Default Question about a T25

I am looking to get a DSM and I was wondering if the turbo has bad seals, being water and oil cooled, could it possibly smoke white if the seals are bad? This is kinda a noob question but I havent owned one of these for a few years and just want to narrow down what all I have to fix either. Thanks

Old 11/20/2012, 04:45 PM   #2
99eclipse
JDM King

Default Re: Question about a T25

Yes t25's are.oil an water cooled, an yes can smoke white when bad, BUT dont think just because its smoking white that its the turbo,

Old 11/20/2012, 04:47 PM   #3
DSM4LIFE
JDM Knight

the guy thinks its the head gasket then he said something about the turbo needing rebuilt or replaced or something. he is sending me a video of it but i was just reading on DSMTuners and people have had the problem that he says he has. only real issue is its in chicago and i want to drive it back...

Old 11/20/2012, 04:54 PM   #4
99eclipse
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM4LIFE View Post
the guy thinks its the head gasket then he said something about the turbo needing rebuilt or replaced or something. he is sending me a video of it but i was just reading on DSMTuners and people have had the problem that he says he has. only real issue is its in chicago and i want to drive it back...
Could be turbo could be headgasket, id go drive.it an see if it smokes with out.hitting boost, that will answer which it is, also check to see if you have a milky surprise, even if its the headgasket, its not to hard of a fix an could do arp studs an gasket while you got it all opened up, then your motor will be good for 450/475 whp

Old 11/20/2012, 04:57 PM   #5
DSM4LIFE
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
Could be turbo could be headgasket, id go drive.it an see if it smokes with out.hitting boost, that will answer which it is, also check to see if you have a milky surprise, even if its the headgasket, its not to hard of a fix an could do arp studs an gasket while you got it all opened up, then your motor will be good for 450/475 whp
Think it would make it the 360 miles if head gasket is bad? I think it will but my friends are making me second guess my self. I know that these motors are a little touchy so i dont want to rebuild because its going to be my only car (getting out of the honda back into a DSM) finally

Old 11/20/2012, 05:02 PM   #6
99eclipse
JDM King

Quote:
Think it would make it the 360 miles if head gasket is bad? I think it will but my friends are making me second guess my self. I know that these motors are a little touchy so i dont want to rebuild because its going to be my only car (getting out of the honda back into a DSM) finally
I.wouldnt.count on it making it back if its the.headgasket, id get a trailer for sure, defintly not worth the risk imo, and welcome to.the dsm game! Hope to see you out an about, im tired of being the only 2g at meets!

Old 11/20/2012, 05:05 PM   #7
DSM4LIFE
JDM Knight

I going back to the DSM game. had a 95 gst few years back and then blew it up a few times, never properly rebuilt it as i was young and didnt really know what i was doing, then the cheap honda bug caught me and now im ready for another DSM, and even trading my del sol for this talon. hopefully its just the turbo but with these motors there is no garentee

Old 11/20/2012, 05:07 PM   #8
99eclipse
JDM King

Quote:
I going back to the DSM game. had a 95 gst few years back and then blew it up a few times, never properly rebuilt it as i was young and didnt really know what i was doing, then the cheap honda bug caught me and now im ready for another DSM, and even trading my del sol for this talon. hopefully its just the turbo but with these motors there is no garentee
I could see it either being the headgasket or.turbo, fell for.shaftplay, check.your.fluids and.let us know!

Old 11/20/2012, 05:08 PM   #9
DSM4LIFE
JDM Knight

I will, now i just have to find time to go check it out, thanks for your imput, it re-asured me