JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Miscellaneous Forum > Meets/Events

Reply
 
Old 01/31/2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

It's getting close to that time of year everyone. First drift event of the year has been posted up thanks to Drift Indy and Club FR along with Midwest Drift Union. Event will be April 6-7 at Gateway Motorsports Park. Registration hasn't quite opened yet but should be available in the next week or two. Registering online before March 1st will save you some big $$ so if you plan on going get signed up early.
http://www.nostarbash.com/



Photographers and spectators are more then welcome to come and check out the action so don't be shy!


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Charlie Moua
JDM King
 
Charlie Moua's Avatar
 
Charlie Moua is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,156

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

shit IL...
kinda far.


__________________


CNC Werx
team4piston
Jordan Tuned
Rocket Motorsports
Modern Automotive Performance
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Moua View Post
shit IL...
kinda far.
It's one of the closest ones for me... lol, I don't think I'll be making it to this one tho, I'm not sure if my car is going to be on all 4 wheels by then and if it somehow is I won't have the money to make the trip or buy enough tires along with pay to drive at the event.

Oh well, this one doesn't count towards driver points so it's not too big of a deal that I'll miss it if I do.


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 04:42 AM   #4
IntegraDA05
Brickner
 
IntegraDA05's Avatar
 
IntegraDA05 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bellevue (Omaha) Nebraska 68147
Posts: 1,531

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
It's one of the closest ones for me... lol, I don't think I'll be making it to this one tho, I'm not sure if my car is going to be on all 4 wheels by then and if it somehow is I won't have the money to make the trip or buy enough tires along with pay to drive at the event.

Oh well, this one doesn't count towards driver points so it's not too big of a deal that I'll miss it if I do.
There's a Drift Event in Omaha (Pacific Junction, IA) 11thMay which is only 2 Hours away Compared to almost 6 Hours away ...


__________________

Facebook.com/BricknerFTW | Instagram.com/BricknerFTW
01' Honda S2000 J's Racing Spoon Sports Works (Temp DD)
06' Honda Ridgeline RTS 2" Lift 32" Nitto Grappler (My DD)
07' Acura TL Type S A-Spec 6 Speed NAV ATLP RV6 (Wife's DD)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraDA05 View Post
There's a Drift Event in Omaha (Pacific Junction, IA) 11thMay which is only 2 Hours away Compared to almost 6 Hours away ...
I refuse to go to or support anything with #yolo as part of the name. If Mike had used a different name for it then I would have gladly gone. I really hope he points out that his event is a Nebraska drift event and people don't think it's Iowa related.


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 11:13 AM   #6
IntegraDA05
Brickner
 
IntegraDA05's Avatar
 
IntegraDA05 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bellevue (Omaha) Nebraska 68147
Posts: 1,531

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
I refuse to go to or support anything with #yolo as part of the name. If Mike had used a different name for it then I would have gladly gone. I really hope he points out that his event is a Nebraska drift event and people don't think it's Iowa related.
Just a tad bit Picky are we or just Plain Stubborn.


__________________

Facebook.com/BricknerFTW | Instagram.com/BricknerFTW
01' Honda S2000 J's Racing Spoon Sports Works (Temp DD)
06' Honda Ridgeline RTS 2" Lift 32" Nitto Grappler (My DD)
07' Acura TL Type S A-Spec 6 Speed NAV ATLP RV6 (Wife's DD)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraDA05 View Post
Just a tad bit Picky are we or just Plain Stubborn.
I told him before hand if he named it that I wouldn't go. I don't want to see the midwest drift scene or drifting scene in general having a "bro talk" reputation slapped on it. It's bad enough having "honnigan" as a label. That and I'm really stubborn.


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 02:10 PM   #8
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Uh oh we got a hipster on our hands. Is yolo too mainstream for you?
If I'm to boycott something its because there's too many douchebags in skinny Jeans, flat billed hats cocked to the side, popped collars, or long haired hippies. Yolo is acceptable compared the things I listed. Imo.

Last edited by luis31; 02/12/2013 at 02:15 PM.

__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
Uh oh we got a hipster on our hands. Is yolo too mainstream for you?
If I'm to boycott something its because there's too many douchebags in skinny Jeans, flat billed hats cocked to the side, popped collars, or long haired hippies. Yolo is acceptable compared the things I listed. Imo.
I have no idea what exactly you're trying to say or get at with what you just said.


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 02:45 PM   #10
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN
 
ConHuevos!'s Avatar
 
ConHuevos! is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,838

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

yolo? young orphans love orgies?


__________________

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 05:06 PM   #11
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
I have no idea what exactly you're trying to say or get at with what you just said.
Basically, saying you're not going to an event bc the word yolo is mentioned is stupid. Unfortunately its the world we live in, so just ignore it (as hard as it is to do)


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 05:18 AM   #12
IntegraDA05
Brickner
 
IntegraDA05's Avatar
 
IntegraDA05 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bellevue (Omaha) Nebraska 68147
Posts: 1,531

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Well said luis31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
I refuse to go to or support anything with #yolo as part of the name. If Mike had used a different name for it then I would have gladly gone. I really hope he points out that his event is a Nebraska drift event and people don't think it's Iowa related.
Really think it's Funny how you Speak for all of Iowa just by yourself ... Bunch of South Dakota Guys + Kansas City Peeps will be Attend'n even Rolando from Profound Motorsports is Showing up not because of the "Name" but because he Supports the Drifting Movement for the Midwest. Your only 2 Hours away Compared to other Events which are 5+ Hours away.


__________________

Facebook.com/BricknerFTW | Instagram.com/BricknerFTW
01' Honda S2000 J's Racing Spoon Sports Works (Temp DD)
06' Honda Ridgeline RTS 2" Lift 32" Nitto Grappler (My DD)
07' Acura TL Type S A-Spec 6 Speed NAV ATLP RV6 (Wife's DD)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 07:36 AM   #13
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド
 
Dj Technick's Avatar
 
Dj Technick is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 1,475

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraDA05 View Post
Well said luis31



Really think it's Funny how you Speak for all of Iowa just by yourself ... Bunch of South Dakota Guys + Kansas City Peeps will be Attend'n even Rolando from Profound Motorsports is Showing up not because of the "Name" but because he Supports the Drifting Movement for the Midwest. Your only 2 Hours away Compared to other Events which are 5+ Hours away.
Where in the world did you get the idea that "I am speaking for all of Iowa?" All I said is I don't want people to think this is Iowa related, that's not speaking for everyone, it's just how I feel about it. Also I don't care who's going and who isn't going, that isn't going to change how I feel about the event. I'm not going for my own reasons (not supporting the name) might sound like a really stupid reason to not go or support something, but that's just how I am. Didn't mean to offend everyone on here or come off as me shit talking or whatever you guys think I'm doing.


__________________


Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 04:46 PM   #14
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Its nicks choice if he doesnt want to go or not, idk why anyone else should give a shit if he decides to go or not, this site is a fucking joke,

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 11:57 PM   #15
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: Midwest No Star Bash 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
Its nicks choice if he doesnt want to go or not, idk why anyone else should give a shit if he decides to go or not, this site is a fucking joke,
Not bashing the guy. Its just that he's always saying how the Midwest drift scene sucks and how we need to support the scene and at least show up even if people aren't drifters. Yet a perfectly good event comes to a location that is only a couple hours away, but he says its not worth his time bc the word yolo is used???? Kind of hypocritical in a way. That's just what I'm gathering. Personally i couldn't give two shits if he shows. But don't nag people to attend An event if you aren't willing to do the same to show support for the drifting community


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.