JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Do It Yourself (DIY)

Old 01/21/2013, 10:14 PM   #1
junkyard
JDM Soldier

Default 93 Legend fixer upper

Buddies and I went on a trip to Iowa city to pick up a 2000 Accord for $400 and when we get there the guy sold it to someone else.

So we sat in a parking lot and craigslisted our asses off tell we found a few other vehicles.

I found a 93 Acura legend sedan W/ 150,000 miles. Black w/ Black leather interior. A little dirty but Interior is nice with no rips. Some rust on back drivers side quarter. Hole in radiator, busted out back right window. In Cedar Rapids $800

Jumped on the phone and he said we can get it that night (2 days ago) for $600.

We get there and the car is dead. We had to go buy jumper cables at a caseys near by.
Come back and get her jumped. Take it for a quick test drive. Car over heats (busted radiator) has a high idle (the guy didnt realize he had some shit unplugged under the hood.

Offered him $550 and he said okay. Got it out of his drive way and to a local hotel where we parked it tell we could come back the next day with a 2 wheeler.

We successfully got her home (back to Cedar Falls). Tonight I pulled the radiator (really simple W/ basic hand tools). My buddy sourced a new rear window from a local junkyard but we cant replace it because the window lock button happens to be missing and on lock. So we will be heading back to the junkyard to try and get a deal on a new switch. He should have the radiator ordered from ebay tonight and here in a few days. (ebay $80/ Acura $300) Hopefully the ebay radiator will fit and preform well.

Ill try and get some pics posted of it when I head back over to put in the new radiator and window. Ill be detailing it as well. Hopefully I can get him to lower it and make it look a little bit better.

youtube.com/ryangdsm
Old 01/23/2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Drifte

Default Re: 93 Legend fixer upper

I take it you guys needed a car asap?

I had an old legend when I went to UNI. Peppy old car with that v6. Amazing the amount of options it had for being an early 90's car. Unfortunately it was tan with tan interior, sold it for $1,500 with 180k on it. Up until I bought it, it had been Honda serviced its whole life.

pedaling
Old 10/05/2017, 01:56 AM   #3
tech54K

Default Re: 93 Legend fixer upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifte View Post
I take it you guys needed a car asap?

I had an old legend when I went to UNI. Peppy old car with that v6. Amazing the amount of options it had for being an early 90's car. Unfortunately it was tan with tan interior, sold it for $1,500 with 180k on it. Up until I bought it, it had been Honda serviced its whole life.
I will surely try this DIY! Wish me luck