JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 09/26/2011, 02:16 AM   #1
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

Default what do i need to turbo my civic

what do i need like parts wise to turbo other than a turbo, inner cooler, piping, wast gate, blow off valve, exhaust manifold, down pipe. i know i need an ecu but i have no idea what kind of ecu to get but i need more power in my b16a i really really want my ride to be fast please any help would be nice thank you

Old 09/26/2011, 06:36 AM   #2
95hellatukd
JDM Soldier

Default Re: what do i need to turbo my civic

U basically have it all there just if u wana run more boost then bigger injectors and a good tune. Tune is everything. And u can run just a chipped ecu. I know u said besides a turbo but I have a brand new in box godspeed 63 trim for 200$ if ur looking for one

Old 09/26/2011, 05:56 PM   #3
93hondadelsol
JDM Soldier

You will also need a turbo feed line and return line and a place to return the oil like a tapped oil pan

Old 09/26/2011, 08:51 PM   #4
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin

Knowledge:
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Turboch.../dp/1557884889

I own a copy of this book somewhere, I went through it in like 9th grade. lol good luck!

Last edited by mattcossel29; 09/26/2011 at 08:55 PM.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Old 10/12/2011, 02:17 AM   #5
mycarslow
JDM Knight

Spoon fed. Kid you need need to go read a lot. Do you understand how a turbo works? I'm kinda in a bad mood so do me a fav and read befor posting.
You'll still need fuel pump injectors headstuds wideband. TUNE don't not cheap out here. Well if you do post pic I love seeing blowen up shit.

Built h22 62mm turbo e85
Old 10/12/2011, 07:39 AM   #6
crxh22honda
JDM King

Hondata is the nice ok cheap route. But to make sure your Shit runs really nice with no worries aem ems series 2. Its about 1070..bisimoto has it for that price. Don't forget wideband to.

Old 10/13/2011, 05:35 PM   #7
ososlohatch
JDM King

do you want your ride to be fast and furious ??
or just fast ??

???????{-}-{},{}_{},{}-{-}??????? {}s0sl{}
Old 10/15/2011, 12:06 AM   #8
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

well i just want it fast i have some other shit wrapped up in it but i want more power

Old 12/08/2011, 10:09 PM   #9
00AudiS4
JDM Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnewbe2 View Post
well i just want it fast i have some other shit wrapped up in it but i want more power
your shits gonna blow up

Old 12/08/2011, 10:14 PM   #10
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier

build right the first time so you dont blow up your honduhhhhh

Old 12/09/2011, 07:38 AM   #11
Cyberwaste
LURKIN

google this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatorade View Post
your the best ever cyberwaste. your my hero.
http://imgur.com/N3ABL
Old 12/12/2011, 05:49 PM   #12
mwexclusive
JDM Soldier

I think an easier route would be just waiting your 12 years to get your skyline

mwexclusive
Be the Movement.
Old 02/04/2012, 02:53 AM   #13
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

yea i could wait for a skyline but would rather have a fast car now then wait forever and then get it i dont see why i dont just make it fast from the get go and.
I also googled this question and you have no idea how many different answers i got it was retarted

00 eclipse gs Sold
98 eclipse gs Sold
96 mustang Sold
94 civic b16 sir
90 integra lsSold
94 civic d16y8Sold
Old 02/04/2012, 10:25 AM   #14
integrals
JDM Soldier

piece together your kit its cheaper and usually you can find some good parts for great deals what are your goals hp wise? that will help

i did my first turbo build last winter and learned alot i made 254 on stock b18a with a ebay kit

96 EJ6 with 00 front end
99 Lifted Silverado- Yard deceration
94 EJ1-traded for current
93 integra boosted-sold
Old 02/04/2012, 10:06 PM   #15
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
Hondata is the nice ok cheap route. But to make sure your Shit runs really nice with no worries aem ems series 2. Its about 1070..bisimoto has it for that price. Don't forget wideband to.
What? chipped ecu on chrome will work just fine. lots of guys are making great numbers on that. And AEM over Hondata? Not sure I agree with that. What's Hondata S300 running these days? Like $700-800 with ecu?

A little advice to the original poster.....you need to listen to the guys recommending you do some more reading about the subject. This project ALWAYS takes A. more money than you think and B. more time than you think.

The only kits that might fit the best is one that runs around $3-5K and even then you can expect some modifications, like to the bumper to make the FMIC fit. The "pre-bent" intercooler pipes will without doubt need tweaking. Nnot exactly sure, but the downpipe probably won't bolt right up to the stock exhaust. Depending on the turbo set up you may have to relocate cooling fans or even the radiator. A/C and power steering might have to go to.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 02/05/2012, 03:31 AM   #16
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
What? chipped ecu on chrome will work just fine. lots of guys are making great numbers on that. And AEM over Hondata? Not sure I agree with that. What's Hondata S300 running these days? Like $700-800 with ecu?

A little advice to the original poster.....you need to listen to the guys recommending you do some more reading about the subject. This project ALWAYS takes A. more money than you think and B. more time than you think.

The only kits that might fit the best is one that runs around $3-5K and even then you can expect some modifications, like to the bumper to make the FMIC fit. The "pre-bent" intercooler pipes will without doubt need tweaking. Nnot exactly sure, but the downpipe probably won't bolt right up to the stock exhaust. Depending on the turbo set up you may have to relocate cooling fans or even the radiator. A/C and power steering might have to go to.
I understand its going to cost a pretty penny and i have been getting parts little by little hope i can get it done before the end of summer and i will be putting it in an integra with a ls vtec now

00 eclipse gs Sold
98 eclipse gs Sold
96 mustang Sold
94 civic b16 sir
90 integra lsSold
94 civic d16y8Sold
Old 02/05/2012, 03:33 AM   #17
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by integrals View Post
piece together your kit its cheaper and usually you can find some good parts for great deals what are your goals hp wise? that will help

i did my first turbo build last winter and learned alot i made 254 on stock b18a with a ebay kit
i want to get about 400 hp i know its high for a 4 cylinder but it what im shooting for

00 eclipse gs Sold
98 eclipse gs Sold
96 mustang Sold
94 civic b16 sir
90 integra lsSold
94 civic d16y8Sold
Old 02/05/2012, 09:46 AM   #18
crxh22honda
JDM King

Yea i retract my statement Kelly lol. I was at the time on a aem ems kick. I fully agree with u now. I've read alot more about since then. About both sides.

Old 02/05/2012, 04:52 PM   #19
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Bobby, sometimes the things that come out of your mouth make you sound stupid. lol

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 02/05/2012, 07:03 PM   #20
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
Bobby, sometimes the things that come out of your mouth make you sound stupid. lol
I impress myself sometime. But hey you check it out after I was on that kick an guess what you were favoring it lol.

Old 02/05/2012, 08:25 PM   #21
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
I impress myself sometime. But hey you check it out after I was on that kick an guess what you were favoring it lol.
I will agree AEM ems is the superior, however your post made it sound like hondata wasn't much like it was just a chipped Ecu

Old 02/05/2012, 10:09 PM   #22
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
I will agree AEM ems is the superior, however your post made it sound like hondata wasn't much like it was just a chipped Ecu
I've heard about issues with AEM EMS. Now it may have not been with hondas specifically. But a guy on dragsource the one putting the viper motor in a mustang I believe finally gave up on it after 2 or 3 returns to AEM, it keep blowing some capacitor or something.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 02/06/2012, 06:55 AM   #23
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

well l expect an expensive build and i know you get what you pay for for the most part so when i finally get to the point where i can afford this 5000 dollar project i will get on it but i was looking for part names so thanks does anyone know the best parts the stronger parts and how to get rid of a damn govenor

00 eclipse gs Sold
98 eclipse gs Sold
96 mustang Sold
94 civic b16 sir
90 integra lsSold
94 civic d16y8Sold
Old 02/06/2012, 04:22 PM   #24
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

The speed governor that you are dealing with is probably a stock JDM ECU issue. When you get setup with a tuner, the ECU setup that you end up running will be able to negate that. As far as brand names, there are a lot of them out there. What hard parts are you looking to buy?

Wastegate, I would not go cheap. That controls your boost levels and is a VERY key part in a build. Be aware that the Ebay parts do not hold up as long, and can randomly fail leaving you with either a WG that is stuck open (creating little to no boost) or a WG that is frozen shut (creating infinite boost). Tial is the only brand WG I will buy. Made in the USA by guys that care about their product and are constantly making steps forward. There are some Tial knock-offs out there as well now, so be very careful that you are purchasing from an authorized retailer. TurboSmart and Precision also make very nice units as well, but the Tial design was the one that fit my setup the best. A Tial MV-S (38mm V-band) or a MV-R (44mm V-band) from an authorized retailer will come with a full assortment of springs to take you from 4lbs all the way up through like 22lbs on just the WG spring alone. Nobody else is doing that. Makes having to buy extra springs non existent, and you can start from wherever you want to when it comes to tuning.

Old 02/07/2012, 03:47 AM   #25
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
I've heard about issues with AEM EMS. Now it may have not been with hondas specifically. But a guy on dragsource the one putting the viper motor in a mustang I believe finally gave up on it after 2 or 3 returns to AEM, it keep blowing some capacitor or something.
Are you talking about the guy at Nightmare Motorsports? I heard about this issue he was having, I've also heard other people talk about this before. The injector drivers blow out for some reason, I know it happens on supra's as well, not to mention that on the V1 that there was random times where the car wouldn't even start. However if you set that aside, the functionality and performance of AEM EMS is better then Hondata. From a personal prospective I would put Hondata in my car over AEM anyday of the week. It's just AEM is "better" when working. If that makes any sense.