JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda CRX/Civic/Del Sol

Old 06/08/2013, 02:05 AM   #1
K20EM2

Default need help

alright so here is my problem.i currently have an em2, a 2001 honda civic ex. im about to get an ej6, a 2000 civic dx. both are coupe. the ej6 has 89xxx and the em2 has 155xxx. the em2 is a 5 speed and the ej6 is an auto. But it has manual windows and i love that the most. i love both cars, but unfortunatly im going to college in iowa city so i cant keep both. im heartbroken between the two because i dont know which would be the better choice. both are compleatly stock, and if i keep the ej6 i will convert it to manual, i read that its pretty and cheap, only about 500. so i need your guys help, what do you guys think/like better, an ej6 or an em2? and why?

Old 06/08/2013, 10:23 AM   #2
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Default Re: need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20EM2 View Post
alright so here is my problem.i currently have an em2, a 2001 honda civic ex. im about to get an ej6, a 2000 civic dx. both are coupe. the ej6 has 89xxx and the em2 has 155xxx. the em2 is a 5 speed and the ej6 is an auto. But it has manual windows and i love that the most. i love both cars, but unfortunatly im going to college in iowa city so i cant keep both. im heartbroken between the two because i dont know which would be the better choice. both are compleatly stock, and if i keep the ej6 i will convert it to manual, i read that its pretty and cheap, only about 500. so i need your guys help, what do you guys think/like better, an ej6 or an em2? and why?
I love the suspension design and ease of swaps on the EG/EH/EJ/EK bodies far more than anything to do with the EM2. They went to a McPherson strut setup on the front of those cars, and it completely ruined the amazing qualities of the Civic from there on out in my eyes. The EM2 is the bastard child of the Honda lineup to me. A car that was designed when their wasn't really a demand for the performance based chassis anymore. It was designed with cost in mind ahead of the value for the dollar.

Old 06/08/2013, 12:55 PM   #3
K20EM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
I love the suspension design and ease of swaps on the EG/EH/EJ/EK bodies far more than anything to do with the EM2. They went to a McPherson strut setup on the front of those cars, and it completely ruined the amazing qualities of the Civic from there on out in my eyes. The EM2 is the bastard child of the Honda lineup to me. A car that was designed when their wasn't really a demand for the performance based chassis anymore. It was designed with cost in mind ahead of the value for the dollar.
words spoken true, so youre saying performance wise ej6 all the way? you dont even have any doubts for the EM2?

Old 06/08/2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20EM2 View Post
words spoken true, so youre saying performance wise ej6 all the way? you dont even have any doubts for the EM2?
You should use Google. And then purchase what YOU want.

Old 06/08/2013, 04:05 PM   #5
K20EM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
You should use Google. And then purchase what YOU want.
I have googled, i have both, and i want both each for its own reasons, im just looking for a "push" in a direction, if i knew exactly what i wanted this thread would be useless wouldn't it?

Old 06/08/2013, 06:02 PM   #6
deadmoans
JDM Knight

make a pros and cons list.

the manual will probably do better on gas.
the auto is more driving friendly....not shifting all time.
which one needs maintenance.....155K miles sounds like time for water pump timing belt.
consider body condition.
consider tires.
I believe the 2001's had some tranny issues as well....need to research that.

save your money and don't buy the second car.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 06/08/2013, 08:09 PM   #7
K20EM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
make a pros and cons list.

the manual will probably do better on gas.
the auto is more driving friendly....not shifting all time.
which one needs maintenance.....155K miles sounds like time for water pump timing belt.
consider body condition.
consider tires.
I believe the 2001's had some tranny issues as well....need to research that.

save your money and don't buy the second car.
im not buying per se, i already have both, both are up to date, everything is changed. the tranny problems in the 2001 only apply to automatics, both body conditions are the same, tires are the same, both on stock wheels. the auto i am going to convert to manual. i think it all comes down to preference, i just dont have a preference right now and i just want to see what everyone else's preference is.