JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Miscellaneous Forum > Meets/Events

Reply
 
Old 07/27/2013, 10:17 PM   #1
MiClipse
Newbie
 
MiClipse's Avatar
 
MiClipse is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: des Moines
Posts: 4

 
Default Meet 2014

Hey i heard that next years meets and car shows are gonna be bigger. Is that why there wasnt much this year in IA?


__________________

Mitsubishi eclipse gst 97-Trade
Toyota supra 7mgte 88-keep
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2013, 08:01 PM   #2
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Im Pretty Sure Its Bc The Kids Here Complain When The Car Shows Arent Free And Complain That The Shows aren't up to their standards and then of course you have to douchebags who will do anything to ruin a sponsor's reputation by doing donuts and burnouts when they were clearly instructed not to do so because it is not their property in the first placE.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2013, 09:26 PM   #3
MiClipse
Newbie
 
MiClipse's Avatar
 
MiClipse is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: des Moines
Posts: 4

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

wow


__________________

Mitsubishi eclipse gst 97-Trade
Toyota supra 7mgte 88-keep
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2013, 10:48 PM   #4
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Sad But True. Personally I Don't Mind A Fee. Obviously Im Not ExpectiNg Hot Import Nights Stuff. So Im Not Paying HIN prices.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 01:48 PM   #5
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
Im Pretty Sure Its Bc The Kids Here Complain When The Car Shows Arent Free And Complain That The Shows aren't up to their standards and then of course you have to douchebags who will do anything to ruin a sponsor's reputation by doing donuts and burnouts when they were clearly instructed not to do so because it is not their property in the first placE.
LOL well that is one lump out of the 20 other reasons there aren't as much this year......

Here are the rest:
Planning on investing more time and money into next year
Most of us went on vacation
For some of us sponsors it was a super busy time of year

And the main one we want people to realize is......wait for it.......hold on.......drum roll please:

We wanted to ease off on these because as we all know the more you have of something, the quicker you get tired of it. We wanted people to think more outside of the usual and maybe have them explore other ways to meet up etc. You see, Rising Sun and all of the sponsors (such as myself) cannot always invest what we want to on these because of the short time frame we have, busy schedules etc. So if we sat down and did the "life thang" and wait it out til next year....we have MORE TIME to do what we want to do on both ends of the spectrum. Yes we always have the crowds that aren't ever satisfied, yes we have people who ruin it for others and yes we sometimes have to implement fees in order to try to give more to you all for less.......but life is that way and we can't always please everyone.

Next year though we are going to have (hopefully) a different way of doing things that should (again HOPEFULLY) appeal to the masses and leave them wanting more. Our main problem is everyone STILL thinks these cars shows or car meets are specifically for hondas or members here on jdmcity.....WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!! these are put together with hard work and money so that EVERYONE in this boring ass little state can have a way to think outside of the box we are in.

Yes hard parking, show only cars and shit aren't as appealing to others as a full blown drag car...or autox car etc.....but the shows and meets cater to everyone to display Such.....we want to showcase everyone's hard work and effort. We also want to not have the typical segregation we normally have between car manufacturer's and their owners. All brands in my eyes are created equal and thus should have their spot light for that one day we put these shows together.

This community of enthusiasts has always been about cars but everyone needs to step back for a sec and also recognize that it is also about all of our different cultures and just people in general. So to have these meets/shows come together really shows how well we can coexists with one another...despite the general flaws we as.humans have.

There, hope that sums up this shit....tired of preachin the same shit over and over and no one getting the concept behind what we are all trying to do!!

Last edited by importsusa; 07/29/2013 at 02:00 PM.

__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 02:49 PM   #6
TheMaster
JDM Soldier
 
TheMaster's Avatar
 
TheMaster is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 268

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
LOL well that is one lump out of the 20 other reasons there aren't as much this year......

Here are the rest:
Planning on investing more time and money into next year
Most of us went on vacation
For some of us sponsors it was a super busy time of year

And the main one we want people to realize is......wait for it.......hold on.......drum roll please:

We wanted to ease off on these because as we all know the more you have of something, the quicker you get tired of it. We wanted people to think more outside of the usual and maybe have them explore other ways to meet up etc. You see, Rising Sun and all of the sponsors (such as myself) cannot always invest what we want to on these because of the short time frame we have, busy schedules etc. So if we sat down and did the "life thang" and wait it out til next year....we have MORE TIME to do what we want to do on both ends of the spectrum. Yes we always have the crowds that aren't ever satisfied, yes we have people who ruin it for others and yes we sometimes have to implement fees in order to try to give more to you all for less.......but life is that way and we can't always please everyone.

Next year though we are going to have (hopefully) a different way of doing things that should (again HOPEFULLY) appeal to the masses and leave them wanting more. Our main problem is everyone STILL thinks these cars shows or car meets are specifically for hondas or members here on jdmcity.....WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!! these are put together with hard work and money so that EVERYONE in this boring ass little state can have a way to think outside of the box we are in.

Yes hard parking, show only cars and shit aren't as appealing to others as a full blown drag car...or autox car etc.....but the shows and meets cater to everyone to display Such.....we want to showcase everyone's hard work and effort. We also want to not have the typical segregation we normally have between car manufacturer's and their owners. All brands in my eyes are created equal and thus should have their spot light for that one day we put these shows together.

This community of enthusiasts has always been about cars but everyone needs to step back for a sec and also recognize that it is also about all of our different cultures and just people in general. So to have these meets/shows come together really shows how well we can coexists with one another...despite the general flaws we as.humans have.

There, hope that sums up this shit....tired of preachin the same shit over and over and no one getting the concept behind what we are all trying to do!!
I have no idea what you just said or what you are trying to do...Nahhh I'm just kidding! Preach!

Just like Rodney said. I wish people realized what all went into putting together a car show, the amount of time planning and working with others, not to mention getting the required amount of money for some of the locations.

I'm glad to see a break from the show this year, it'll definitely do it some good, especially with how much of a mad dash it was starting to turn into if there was still going to be one. I would hate to see one just get rushed together.

Wait till next year kiddos, hopefully you can use this time to learn about patients and taking some time to up your quality of work on your cars.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 03:14 PM   #7
crxh22honda
JDM King
 
crxh22honda's Avatar
 
crxh22honda is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norwalk
Posts: 1,231

 
Default Re: Meet 2014


  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 04:57 PM   #8
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
Wow Bobby, thanks for the continued support!


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 06:27 PM   #9
crxh22honda
JDM King
 
crxh22honda's Avatar
 
crxh22honda is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norwalk
Posts: 1,231

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Wow Bobby, thanks for the continued support!
I meant in general. this is third thread post about no meets this year. Cry babies

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 07:11 PM   #10
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
I meant in general. this is third thread post about no meets this year. Cry babies
Jeeeezz, tell me that next time....LOL....and yes that is true. I have answered only 2 or 3 because The Master has the other one which I've not heard if anyone has actually met yet in general. Seems a lot of us that have been around for a long time seem to get the concept of "do now talk later" as opposed to just "talking about what we want to do" but not moving forward....lol.

Either way, thank you for your support sir......kinda had a double meaning to what I said to ya then...ha ha


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2013, 11:04 PM   #11
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy
 
H22APWRD94 is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,007

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Jeeeezz, tell me that next time....LOL....and yes that is true. I have answered only 2 or 3 because The Master has the other one which I've not heard if anyone has actually met yet in general. Seems a lot of us that have been around for a long time seem to get the concept of "do now talk later" as opposed to just "talking about what we want to do" but not moving forward....lol.

Either way, thank you for your support sir......kinda had a double meaning to what I said to ya then...ha ha
I can't wait to be able to drive through that back lot, up that ramp, and into the proper venue one of these days. Always wondered what the car looked like from a catwalk.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 07:20 AM   #12
crxh22honda
JDM King
 
crxh22honda's Avatar
 
crxh22honda is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norwalk
Posts: 1,231

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Jeeeezz, tell me that next time....LOL....and yes that is true. I have answered only 2 or 3 because The Master has the other one which I've not heard if anyone has actually met yet in general. Seems a lot of us that have been around for a long time seem to get the concept of "do now talk later" as opposed to just "talking about what we want to do" but not moving forward....lol.

Either way, thank you for your support sir......kinda had a double meaning to what I said to ya then...ha ha

Lol your welcome!

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 02:13 PM   #13
newgen
JDM Soldier
 
newgen is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rice City
Posts: 171

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
I meant in general. this is third thread post about no meets this year. Cry babies
idk about you we've met up over a dozen times this year lol. Probably one of the best years i've had ever.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish View Post
"Theologicly" it could just be roll race envy......
1988 Toyota Supra: You don't know!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 02:24 PM   #14
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen View Post
idk about you we've met up over a dozen times this year lol. Probably one of the best years i've had ever.
agreed,

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 05:48 PM   #15
crxh22honda
JDM King
 
crxh22honda's Avatar
 
crxh22honda is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norwalk
Posts: 1,231

 
Default Re: Meet 2014

Lol like I said it was in general!!!! I was talking about the cry babies!!! No fucks given!!

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.