JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Audio/Security/Video

Old 09/06/2011, 02:02 PM   #1
onebad636
JDM Soldier

Default Keyless Ignition Wiring Schematics

So I realize that this may very well be frowned upon...not to mention it's a piss poor idea to put this online BUT i'd really like to do this. My car is garaged in a safe neighborhood, and i have a decent alarm if i'm ever parking it for any length of time.

I would like to make my EM1 keyless. Basically run an S2000 push button where the key goes currently, and have 3 switches on the dash (below radio) for ACC1 ACC2 and a fuel cut.

I am assuming that the wheel lock will be the most difficult part to bypass....but if anyone here can help me out and make me the wiring schematics for this I would be happy to pay you for your time or buy you a few beers

Old 09/08/2011, 07:11 AM   #2
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin

Default Re: Keyless Ignition Wiring Schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad636 View Post
So I realize that this may very well be frowned upon...not to mention it's a piss poor idea to put this online BUT i'd really like to do this. My car is garaged in a safe neighborhood, and i have a decent alarm if i'm ever parking it for any length of time.

I would like to make my EM1 keyless. Basically run an S2000 push button where the key goes currently, and have 3 switches on the dash (below radio) for ACC1 ACC2 and a fuel cut.

I am assuming that the wheel lock will be the most difficult part to bypass....but if anyone here can help me out and make me the wiring schematics for this I would be happy to pay you for your time or buy you a few beers
Just use the factory ignition so you can still use the key and have the ACC, OFF, and RUN positions but snip the wires that send the signal to the starter solenoid and hook them up to the s2k push button, that is what I would do. You would have the best of both worlds IMHO

This thread over on 8thcivic should help with some ideas.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/elect...g-diagram.html

Last edited by mattcossel29; 09/08/2011 at 07:14 AM.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Old 09/11/2011, 01:12 PM   #3
onebad636
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcossel29 View Post
Just use the factory ignition so you can still use the key and have the ACC, OFF, and RUN positions but snip the wires that send the signal to the starter solenoid and hook them up to the s2k push button, that is what I would do. You would have the best of both worlds IMHO

This thread over on 8thcivic should help with some ideas.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/elect...g-diagram.html
that is exactly what i DONT want haha i want to remove the key from the equation completely, which i know is doable....and yes, i understand the implications of this. i can hide a cut off somewhere i figured.

Old 10/06/2011, 05:27 PM   #4
zippakilla
JDM Knight

Thats in a Nissan but basically find out the constant power wire find out the other wire color and jobs that they do IE accesories, fuel pump, ign coil, and starter signal this was a daisy chain. I had the constant wired in to a switch itself then flip of the next it would do the vehicle accesories and the 3rd was for fuel pump and ign coil the push button got a power wire and the starter signal.

As for removing the tumbler I dont know how it is in a Honda as I was never interested in actually doing it but rather had to. Nissans have to headless bolts that hold the tumbler on. Make sure you use a relay when doing this wiring there are plenty of write ups and even youtube videos to do dialpad startups and what not.