JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Nissan Forum

Old 02/08/2013, 03:45 PM   #1
admiral brows
JDM Lover

Default 95 240sx

hey im new to the world of nissians and i was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on a car. the car is a 95 240sx i think it was converted to be a se because it has the 5 lug wheels. he also put a body kit (which is kinda ugly) full 3 inch exhaust coming out of a rb20det. ik from some research i did that this is the skyline motor (which is what i really want but a knock off silvia is pretty cool too) anyway its primer grey needs a speed senor and a lower trans harness, tires and a little tlc but hes asking 3500 and he gives me boxes of extra parts was wondering if this would be a good price for a car that doesnt run or drive right now??? any help would be nice

Last edited by admiral brows; 02/08/2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02/08/2013, 06:26 PM   #2
The Laser
JDM King

Default Re: 95 240sx

Just walk away. This thing just sounds like a headache that he's trying to put on you. He failed his project, ran out of money, and is just looking for someone else to dump it on. The rb20 should have been a dead give away that he didn't have the funds to build it lol.

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
Old 02/09/2013, 02:37 AM   #3
dalawoi
toaster box

Default Re: 95 nissian 240sx

If ur looking to build a 240 seems likes a decent enough deal. Make him an offer if your wanting to get serious into drifting itd cost you alot more the build this if u started from stock. It could be worth the hradache if itd a project you were looking to get into.

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
Old 02/09/2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
Just walk away. This thing just sounds like a headache that he's trying to put on you. He failed his project, ran out of money, and is just looking for someone else to dump it on. The rb20 should have been a dead give away that he didn't have the funds to build it lol.
Much agreed with what The Laser said. Just walk away. First off it's an RB20 which is a horrible junk engine not to mention the fact that it already doesn't even run! Second it's primered so I bet the body is just rough, third you don't know anything about nissans so it would be an even bigger headache for you to try and figure out what you have and what you're doing with this haggard cheaply put together disgrace of a Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral brows View Post
the car is a 95 240sx i think it was converted to be a se because it has the 5 lug wheels. ik from some research i did that this is the skyline motor (which is what i really want but a knock off silvia is pretty cool too)
You really should consider doing some research, if you had you would know that the SE are 5 lug. Also please for the love of god don't do the fanboy talk "knock off silvia". Lastly just a quick heads up for ya, the skyline motors are incredibly over rated. Majority of them are just scrap metal that somehow manages to run. If it's not an RB25, 26 or a Tomei stroker (or like built motors) then it's garbage.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 02/11/2013, 10:18 AM   #5
admiral brows
JDM Lover

alright thanks for the info ill keep looking around for a better deal

Old 02/19/2013, 12:46 AM   #6
eurorider1
JDM Lover

Default Re: 95 nissian 240sx

yeah i dunno thats kinda sketchy if you ask me.. got to watch out for stuff already done.. don't know if the person before you did it riht i learned the hardway.. best to get youself a virgin and do it yourself