JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Tuning

Old 01/15/2012, 11:49 PM   #1
boosted712
JDM Knight

Default would this work 2 tune on my del sol

ok guys my buddy has this greddy e manage and i was wondering if i buy it from him if it would be good for my turbo del sol i could get it for a pretty good deal

jdm as fuck
Old 01/15/2012, 11:50 PM   #2
boosted712
JDM Knight

Default Re: would this work 2 tune on my del sol

jdm as fuck
Old 01/16/2012, 01:13 AM   #3
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

What OBD generation does it fit?

Old 01/16/2012, 11:07 AM   #4
boosted712
JDM Knight

that im not sure of but my friend had it hooked up 2 his talon witch i think is obd1

jdm as fuck
Old 01/16/2012, 03:37 PM   #5
deadmoans
JDM Knight

You need to pull a part number off the part and then check the internet. But I believe E-Manage will work on any application. But this will also give you some idea of what to research as far as any issues others have run into.

I can tell you there's mixed reviews about Greddy. Problems might be due to model specific application. So honda guys may not be experiencing the same issues as say nissan guys.

We tuned a turboed tiburon on Greddy E-Manage and it did quite well. It is a little more difficult to work with.

I would strongly recommend Hondata S300 if you got the coin.

Also, contact our old tuner, Brian. He is still doing it. 515-897-9811. He will also spend a little time guiding you through AEM, Greddy or Hondata.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 01/16/2012, 09:11 PM   #6
boosted712
JDM Knight

ok ill get the numbers but i already have hondata s300 for my crx and my buddy had this e manage and i just can get it for a rlly good deal so i was thinking of picking it up and using it

jdm as fuck
Old 01/17/2012, 09:25 PM   #7
cd8h22a
JDM Soldier

stay with the hondata, way better program

Old 01/17/2012, 11:15 PM   #8
boosted712
JDM Knight

well the hondata s300 is in my crx i cant swap it back and forth from car to car so a friend had this so i was thinking of snagging it off him

jdm as fuck
Old 01/19/2012, 12:39 PM   #9
ososlohatch
JDM King

hahahahahahhahahahahahaahahah

???????{-}-{},{}_{},{}-{-}??????? {}s0sl{}
Old 01/19/2012, 07:56 PM   #10
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
hahahahahahhahahahahahaahahah
I know. I'll bet your thinking the same thing I am.

Old 01/20/2012, 07:42 AM   #11
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
I know. I'll bet your thinking the same thing I am.
in that order <---

Old 01/20/2012, 11:05 AM   #12
crxh22honda
JDM King

I just got it

Old 01/20/2012, 12:10 PM   #13
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
I just got it

emotiocon smilies say a million words sometimes

Old 01/21/2012, 12:48 AM   #14
boosted712
JDM Knight

i just figured i would snag it up

jdm as fuck
Old 01/23/2012, 02:15 PM   #15
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Absolutely GOD AWFUL product, I have personally tuned a car using this system before and it was a nightmare. Worst software I have ever messed with in my life and remember this is a piggyback system so if you don't buy a pre wired jumper from greddy you'll have to deal with a big wiring mess to get it wired in.

I'll simply tell you my experience with it and let you go from there.

The car is a 2jz supra and he has the Greddy Ultimate. First off the tables for fuel adjustments and timing are way out of whack and wouldn't allow for a high enough boost pressure table limiting it at 14.7~ psi and wouldn't go anything above that. His car runs well above that so you can see the first dilemma. Next going from there I don't know if it was the laptop having issues or what but during tuning it "lagged" and table updates along with making adjustments would be really glitchy. Used the same computer to run AEM's EMS and didn't have any issues like this and AEM is a much larger software that requires more CPU usage. Moving on, after working on it for a while the fuel map was set and was at 11.5-12.0 for the air fuel mixture. Then without changing anything they changed and started running at 13 then even 14 air fuel. These numbers were all taken while the car was under load, there were no changes in temp, speed, or rpm areas. Also the psi the car was at had not been spiking or changing this is all kept at 14psi. So the tables had to be changed again and after correcting them back to 11.5-12.0 afr I got back to smoothing out the tables, after only 2 pulls the afr went back to 13-14 range and in areas that I had not touched while smoothing out the tables. Also note that while smoothing it out I didn't change any of the numbers by more then 1%.

Now to be more specific with why I hate the tables. It's all done in adjustments of percentage. Not pulse length. So basically what that means is it takes your factory ecu's pulse length numbers and you then change those numbers by typing in a percentage of change. The smallest increment you can do is by .5% which blows. There are a lot of other things in which I do not like, the software is cheaply made given they look like something that came from windows 95. And the tables literally look exactly like an excel document. If you don't have much experience with tuning a car you would probably be lucky to get the car to even start.

My recommendations to you is to smash it with a sludge hammer, light it on fire, and throw the pieces away in 7 different trash cans. Then go to phearable.net and buy an S300 from them. They will put a basemap on it for you that'll at least get you to the dyno and start tuning from there. S300 is by far one of my favorite EMS, everything makes sense on it, it's specifically designed for Honda's. The tables are great and you can change any parameter you want. If you want to tune by load you can, tune by throttle percentage you can, tune by psi you can. You can have it read in any measurements you want. There forum has many dedicated people to it and they can literally help you with any problem you may have. The software is so easy to use that a monkey could tune your car. Heck when buying it they even provide you with a step by step totorial on the basics for tuning AFR's (which is easy, but if you don't know what you're looking at it could be confusing.)

So save up some pay checks and spend the 600$ on hondata. It plugs in just like your factory ecu and it's simple. Or if you don't wanna spend that much money then get a socketed ecu for 200$ and get the car tuned on chrome.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 01/23/2012, 02:25 PM   #16
crxh22honda
JDM King

Better yet buy my p28 ecu from phearable. http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=20839

Old 01/23/2012, 09:16 PM   #17
deadmoans
JDM Knight

i thought this was E-manage. if it's a piggyback i couldn't agree more, dump it. for that matter i would never run E-manage over hondata.

from an earlier post, he already has hondata S300. so why mess with greddy?

Old 01/23/2012, 09:20 PM   #18
deadmoans
JDM Knight

alright, i cant' stand to leave this kid hanging. you do know that you don't just "swap" these engine management systems (greddy or hondata) in and out of the car like it's an ipod, right? they are tuned specifically to the car. now, there are ways to have multiple tunes on the same car with the engine management system and be able to switch back and forth from one tune to the other. ie, one for race fuel at the track and one for pump gas for daily driving. but you need to read about that.

Old 01/23/2012, 09:56 PM   #19
boosted712
JDM Knight

ya i understand that man i just have 2 boosted cars and a friend had that e manage thats all now i know that it isnt that good i wont pick it up off him im just going 2 use a vafc on my single cam dd just a little beater 2 work and back

jdm as fuck
Old 01/24/2012, 01:17 AM   #20
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
i thought this was E-manage. if it's a piggyback i couldn't agree more, dump it. for that matter i would never run E-manage over hondata.

from an earlier post, he already has hondata S300. so why mess with greddy?
The one he posted is referred to as e-manage blue. It's also a piggy back just like ultimate. It's said that blue is the better version however its still practically the same. The one he has posted is as similar to ultimate as what Kpro is to Smanager.

Anyhoo, like crxh22 said he's got a socketed p28 for sale and is only asking 150. That sounds like something you should be looking at.

Old 01/24/2012, 09:03 PM   #21
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
The one he posted is referred to as e-manage blue. It's also a piggy back just like ultimate. It's said that blue is the better version however its still practically the same. The one he has posted is as similar to ultimate as what Kpro is to Smanager.

Anyhoo, like crxh22 said he's got a socketed p28 for sale and is only asking 150. That sounds like something you should be looking at.
agreed. chrome WILL get you home

Old 01/24/2012, 09:05 PM   #22
boosted712
JDM Knight

ya i just picked up a vafc and sum dsm 390 so im just going 2 use that this is just a car for driving 2 work thats all i have hondata s300 on my crx

jdm as fuck
Old 01/25/2012, 03:47 AM   #23
mycarslow
JDM Knight

Safc and dsm 390s ......................... .... throw in a fmu and went just went back to like 2001 for ways of tunning if this. Is your dd don't cheap out on shit or it will leave your ass walking to and from work. Chipped ecu and crome. Is the way to go ecu 150_200 and cromes free unless you go pro then I think there's a fee not tosure as I havnt used crome my car is on aem ems

Built h22 62mm turbo e85
Old 01/25/2012, 06:37 AM   #24
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

I really hope you don't intend on tuning a car using an safc...especially using bigger Injectors like that and being boosted...safc has even less precision with "tuning" then e-man does, and it has some serious lag time. They look cool and are somewhat neat but that's about it. It's like the worlds worst wanna be piggy back system.

Old 01/25/2012, 07:36 AM   #25
crxh22honda
JDM King

Lol this forum is tight I don't even have to have a sales pitch with these guys. But serious they are telling the truth. I have a APEXI vafc in my car. They sever no purpose then a display.(which I find cool to see ur throttle n highest rev that's why I still have it) I've used it to set my tps sensor. But even that was off when i checked it with a ohm meter. I would trust it to tune my car, or even think it could come close just to run right. For what u have my ecu would be the best way togo. I think it has one more day on eBay. I havnt looked since two days ago if there is a bid.