JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > The Honda Database

Old 10/29/2009, 07:25 PM   #26
jsongkhamdet
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Help Please

ill let you kno...thanks alot man!

Old 10/30/2009, 12:32 AM   #27
seandm
JDM Soldier

hey my buddy dsmtsi tunes, you can probably have him look at your car to see if its somthing in the tune that is causing it to that.

lmk 515 480 3061

Old 11/02/2009, 12:07 PM   #28
turborex
JDM Knight

are you sure your not getting fuel cut off. when it goes to limp mode you must have been getting on it. check your oil level, and change out your voltage to your dizzy, it could be a shot Ignition coil. they got limp mode and survival mode on these hondas

Old 11/06/2009, 09:31 AM   #29
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborex View Post
are you sure your not getting fuel cut off. when it goes to limp mode you must have been getting on it. check your oil level, and change out your voltage to your dizzy, it could be a shot Ignition coil. they got limp mode and survival mode on these hondas
Map sensor might cause this as well.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 11/07/2009, 12:32 AM   #30
jetlag
JDM Fan

sounds like your tdc sesor is bad (better known as crank postion sensor). Did you fill the car up with some lower octane fuel? cps could read fluctuations in crank speed (aka missfire)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../107215784.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../111902476.gif

Flow chart on how to diagnose the problem. idk if thats for sohc or dohc but Im willing to bet its basically the same.

Also in my opinion id get rid of that msd stuff except for the wires and maybe the blaster packs. 6al box is not needed. hondas ignitions are pretty strong

Old 11/20/2009, 07:07 PM   #31
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
sounds like your tdc sesor is bad (better known as crank postion sensor). Did you fill the car up with some lower octane fuel? cps could read fluctuations in crank speed (aka missfire)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../107215784.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../111902476.gif

Flow chart on how to diagnose the problem. idk if thats for sohc or dohc but Im willing to bet its basically the same.

Also in my opinion id get rid of that msd stuff except for the wires and maybe the blaster packs. 6al box is not needed. hondas ignitions are pretty strong

I was just thinking MSD Box. If you go to MSD's webpage they will tell you how to check the box. Got an AE86 in the shop right now and it has the 6AL and it was bad. However, not sure if the box is bad it may not even start but it is one more thing that should be checked.

Also it could be spark blow out...you said it was boosted right. Try gapping the plugs a little tighter. We gap them around .18-.20 and use regular NGK plugs. Got the part number here at the shop that we have found good luck with in boosted hondas.

I also agree with getting rid of the MSD box. Took it out of my GSX and put in a Kenne Bell Boost a Spark.....solved my problem.

Keep us updated.

Old 11/23/2009, 04:02 PM   #32
Rosko
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post

I also agree with getting rid of the MSD box. Took it out of my GSX and put in a Kenne Bell Boost a Spark.....solved my problem.

Keep us updated.
I'm still a believer in MSD, however I do know that they can be picky on where you route the wires, as can anything electronic of course. I chased down a misfire for quite some time and finally figured out that the dizzy wires were too close to the coil wire and causing interference/misfires in higher rpm's.

www.roskoracing.com
1992 Honda Prelude 12.74@111.8 N/A
Old 11/24/2009, 01:29 PM   #33
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
I'm still a believer in MSD, however I do know that they can be picky on where you route the wires, as can anything electronic of course. I chased down a misfire for quite some time and finally figured out that the dizzy wires were too close to the coil wire and causing interference/misfires in higher rpm's.
Yea, wiring the MSD needs to be right. Check your instructions. I'm pretty sure it should be grounded directly to the battery.

That's what we found on that AE86 Corolla.....MSD box wasn't wired right.