JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Mitsubishi Forum

Reply
 
Old 02/05/2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Jsevillano55
Newbie
 
Jsevillano55's Avatar
 
Jsevillano55 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East side DesMoines iowa
Posts: 12

 
Default mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

i have a 95 mitsubishi eclipse with a 420a. i loved the car when i got it but i need help. about 2 months ago my car started scratching 2nd gear, and i searched every where for an answer. i was told to just put in a new tranny and others told me the syncro is about $100 but labor is a bit**. what can i do to fix this? i already put in new tranny fluid, clutch, and a clutch master cylinder. is there anything else i can do?

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 11:09 AM   #2
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsevillano55 View Post
i have a 95 mitsubishi eclipse with a 420a. i loved the car when i got it but i need help. about 2 months ago my car started scratching 2nd gear, and i searched every where for an answer. i was told to just put in a new tranny and others told me the syncro is about $100 but labor is a bit**. what can i do to fix this? i already put in new tranny fluid, clutch, and a clutch master cylinder. is there anything else i can do?
When a synchro goes out, it needs to be replaced or just double clutch into 2nd gear or skip 2nd entirely if you're not able to right now. If you can find a cheap used tranny, replace the synchro anyway before putting it in. On the 4G trannys you can double synchro 2nd gear, but idk if you can on the 420 tranny.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 04:14 PM   #3
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Just take it to a machine shop and get the synchro fixed, itll cost just as much if not more to buy a used trans from a junkyard as fixing yours the right way, an the used one might have a bad synchro as well,

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 06:25 PM   #4
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
Just take it to a machine shop and get the synchro fixed, itll cost just as much if not more to buy a used trans from a junkyard as fixing yours the right way, an the used one might have a bad synchro as well,
thats why I said replace it if you find a used one.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 06:52 PM   #5
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy
 
H22APWRD94 is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,007

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Most likely it isn't just the synchro causing the grind. A lot of times, it is also the dogs being worn as well.

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Jsevillano55
Newbie
 
Jsevillano55's Avatar
 
Jsevillano55 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East side DesMoines iowa
Posts: 12

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Thanks a whole lot ill keep all of this in mind. I was just thinking about replacing the tranny all together but if I can just get that synchro fixes then, I don't see why not give it a shot. All I did before was double clutch into second and it still scratched so I just skip and go to 3rd.
But what if I want to sell it? How much do you think I could get out of it? In the condition it's in it's perfect. Super clean, brand new cold air intake and radiator. Just before summer started I got low profile tires to.


__________________


95 Eclipse- sold
ls Hatch- DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 03:49 AM   #7
kryzpowell
(BANNED)
 
kryzpowell is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA,USA
Posts: 1

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Oh I see your having a problem with your Mitsubishi? Maybe you can contact your dealership for this. Or if not your car maybe one of the recalls. Didn't you heard about it? Recently,
Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has issued a recall on over 14,700 i-MiEV electric vehicles worldwide, reports the AP. Faulty brakes can result in increased stopping distances and potential collisions. All i-MiEV vehicles in question were created between December 2, 2011, and September 7, 2012. Mitsubishi will reportedly contact those affected by this recall. Read more here...

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 06:46 AM   #8
Jsevillano55
Newbie
 
Jsevillano55's Avatar
 
Jsevillano55 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East side DesMoines iowa
Posts: 12

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryzpowell View Post
Oh I see your having a problem with your Mitsubishi? Maybe you can contact your dealership for this. Or if not your car maybe one of the recalls. Didn't you heard about it? Recently,
Mitsubishi Motors Corp. has issued a recall on over 14,700 i-MiEV electric vehicles worldwide, reports the AP. Faulty brakes can result in increased stopping distances and potential collisions. All i-MiEV vehicles in question were created between December 2, 2011, and September 7, 2012. Mitsubishi will reportedly contact those affected by this recall. Read more here...
I didn't get it from a dealer. I got it from a private owner. And I don't think the 95 eclipse will fit in this category. Thanks though.


__________________


95 Eclipse- sold
ls Hatch- DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Dsmolition
JDM Soldier
 
Dsmolition is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IA
Posts: 152

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsevillano55 View Post
I didn't get it from a dealer. I got it from a private owner. And I don't think the 95 eclipse will fit in this category. Thanks though.
LMAO did you reply to a bot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
When a synchro goes out, it needs to be replaced or just double clutch into 2nd gear or skip 2nd entirely if you're not able to right now. If you can find a cheap used tranny, replace the synchro anyway before putting it in. On the 4G trannys you can double synchro 2nd gear, but idk if you can on the 420 tranny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
Just take it to a machine shop and get the synchro fixed, itll cost just as much if not more to buy a used trans from a junkyard as fixing yours the right way, an the used one might have a bad synchro as well,
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
thats why I said replace it if you find a used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsevillano55 View Post
Thanks a whole lot ill keep all of this in mind. I was just thinking about replacing the tranny all together but if I can just get that synchro fixes then, I don't see why not give it a shot. All I did before was double clutch into second and it still scratched so I just skip and go to 3rd.
But what if I want to sell it? How much do you think I could get out of it? In the condition it's in it's perfect. Super clean, brand new cold air intake and radiator. Just before summer started I got low profile tires to.

First off, you need to find out why your synchro is bad. They do not magically go bad. The number one cause for failures is the wrong kind of gear fluid and your clutch dragging. You need to fix the other issues, otherwise getting a transmission fixed is a complete waste of time and money. It will not matter if you have 50 synchro’s on your second gear slider.

Last edited by Dsmolition; 02/20/2013 at 09:25 AM.

__________________

93TSI- 624 AWHP 500 AWTQ
EVO VIII RR GSR (yet to dyno)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 11:48 AM   #10
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmolition View Post
LMAO did you reply to a bot?










First off, you need to find out why your synchro is bad. They do not magically go bad. The number one cause for failures is the wrong kind of gear fluid and your clutch dragging. You need to fix the other issues, otherwise getting a transmission fixed is a complete waste of time and money. It will not matter if you have 50 synchro’s on your second gear slider.
these transmissions should only be used with mopar nvt-350 fluid,

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 07:23 AM   #11
Jsevillano55
Newbie
 
Jsevillano55's Avatar
 
Jsevillano55 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East side DesMoines iowa
Posts: 12

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

the car had been sold.


__________________


95 Eclipse- sold
ls Hatch- DD
  Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 08:09 AM   #12
Dsmolition
JDM Soldier
 
Dsmolition is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IA
Posts: 152

 
Default Re: mitsubishi eclipse syncro problem

Well thats a good way to fix it haha.


__________________

93TSI- 624 AWHP 500 AWTQ
EVO VIII RR GSR (yet to dyno)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.