JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Mitsubishi Forum

Reply
 
Old 10/30/2011, 11:21 PM   #176
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier
 
lovefordsms's Avatar
 
lovefordsms is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottumwa
Posts: 451

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

our theme song lol
http://youtu.be/b6bmRrGqfkM

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2011, 07:44 AM   #177
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

-1 for buying not building.. im guessing this is the same 1g that has a "spun bearing"

we only have 6 months before we should have a name lol

and love4: boosting a 420a isnt the same a stapping a turbo on to a 4g6x engine.. jus fyi

Last edited by pirate; 10/31/2011 at 07:47 AM.

__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2011, 08:38 PM   #178
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

instead of boosting me 420a thinkin i jus gonna through a supra engine it an get some good hp

  Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 01:56 AM   #179
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
-1 for buying not building.. im guessing this is the same 1g that has a "spun bearing"

we only have 6 months before we should have a name lol

and love4: boosting a 420a isnt the same a stapping a turbo on to a 4g6x engine.. jus fyi
nah no spun bearing.. and dont care about building.. i just want mpg.. and conviently he wants a truck.. my mirage is my pride n joy.. i wanna sell this truck and get another mirage tho to... choice choices


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2011, 11:33 PM   #180
Dylan0123
Newbie
 
Dylan0123 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

I need to get in on this!

Name's Dylan, I live out in west des moines and I've got a '95 TSi AWD that runs great. It's my daily driver and I don't mind driving it all winter since I picked it up for $1200. Not the prettiest, but it works.

It's mostly stock except for forged internals (had the motor out due to spun bearing, figured might as well drop $1400 on new crank, rods, and pistons while I'm at it...)

Here's a link to my profile on dsmtuners with my mod list: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/memb...23-123732.html

Next time there's an event in the Des Moines area, someone send me a pm or something so I don't miss it.

Can anyone recommend a good shop to get a 3'' turbo back stainless exhaust done?

Here's the most recent pics I have of my car. Currently has black 5 spoke GS-T rims instead of the white swirlies on it:



If you ever see it around Des Moines feel free to stop me to chat. I'd love to check out another dsmer's car. Haven't looked under the hood of another 2g since I fell in love with dsm's last fall.

Last edited by Dylan0123; 11/09/2011 at 11:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 12:56 AM   #181
XcreatonX
JDM Soldier
 
XcreatonX is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WDM
Posts: 206

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Are you set one SS exhaust? I have aluminum and wouldn't trade it. Lighter and cheaper.

Here is my old DSM. 92 TSI. Best combo in my opinion 6/4

it was pretty stock for the first setup

last setup before it got parted


Something that is much less maintenance and more enjoyable. My current.

Last edited by XcreatonX; 11/10/2011 at 01:19 AM.

__________________

Support Iowa run corn
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 01:28 AM   #182
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier
 
lovefordsms's Avatar
 
lovefordsms is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottumwa
Posts: 451

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan0123 View Post
I need to get in on this!

Name's Dylan, I live out in west des moines and I've got a '95 TSi AWD that runs great. It's my daily driver and I don't mind driving it all winter since I picked it up for $1200. Not the prettiest, but it works.

It's mostly stock except for forged internals (had the motor out due to spun bearing, figured might as well drop $1400 on new crank, rods, and pistons while I'm at it...)

Here's a link to my profile on dsmtuners with my mod list: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/memb...23-123732.html

Next time there's an event in the Des Moines area, someone send me a pm or something so I don't miss it.

Can anyone recommend a good shop to get a 3'' turbo back stainless exhaust done?

Here's the most recent pics I have of my car. Currently has black 5 spoke GS-T rims instead of the white swirlies on it:



If you ever see it around Des Moines feel free to stop me to chat. I'd love to check out another dsmer's car. Haven't looked under the hood of another 2g since I fell in love with dsm's last fall.
nice 2g i have a 95 to and 1200 isnt bad i paid 900 for mine from a older lady

  Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 06:27 PM   #183
Dylan0123
Newbie
 
Dylan0123 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Thanks lovefordsms.

XcreatonX, both those machines look awesome!

Did you mean that you have an aluminized-steel exhaust or do you actually mean aluminum? Wouldn't it be too hot right after the O2 sensor housing for an aluminum downpipe? How does whatever you have hold up in the winter time?

I definitely would like the weight savings from an aluminum exhaust as long as it's something that's actually doable. Keep in mind this is my daily driver year round.

The thing is, I picked up a 3'' stainless turbo back exhaust off of a GSX from wrench n' go for $12. The only problem is that it was crushed in two 2' sections from where they picked the car up with a fork lift or something. So i figured it'd be cheaper for me to just have a shop cut out those sections and weld in new pipe.

Where did you get your exhaust done at? Do you know of a good shop in the area that could do a custom exhaust?

Last edited by Dylan0123; 11/10/2011 at 07:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 10:09 PM   #184
XcreatonX
JDM Soldier
 
XcreatonX is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WDM
Posts: 206

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

I have a stainless DP and muffler then it is a vband full aluminum from there back.
I don't drive my car in the winter but aluminum doesn't rust. The only thing I can see is if you do some off roading or hit a good sized snow bank you could crush it.
here is a underside shot.

I had my friend do it in Cedar Rapids. I'm not sure about shops in the DM area.


__________________

Support Iowa run corn
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2011, 01:52 AM   #185
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin
 
mattcossel29's Avatar
 
mattcossel29 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newton, IA
Posts: 1,064

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Im loving that 1gb! I had a red 1ga Eclipse that was super clean way back in the day.. Too bad it I never got to drive it.. I miss it!

Also that 2ga Talon has lots of potential as well!
Welcome to the forums!


__________________

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

  Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2011, 03:39 AM   #186
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

dylan if that thing has aftermarket cams and ur willing to part so u can upgrade hmu!


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2011, 10:10 AM   #187
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Welcome!


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 04:00 AM   #188
Dylan0123
Newbie
 
Dylan0123 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcreatonX View Post
I have a stainless DP and muffler then it is a vband full aluminum from there back.
I don't drive my car in the winter but aluminum doesn't rust. The only thing I can see is if you do some off roading or hit a good sized snow bank you could crush it.
here is a underside shot.

I had my friend do it in Cedar Rapids. I'm not sure about shops in the DM area.
Wow that looks great! I'm definitely going to look into getting a stainless/aluminum combo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dalawoi View Post
dylan if that thing has aftermarket cams and ur willing to part so u can upgrade hmu!
How can you upgrade from a 2g 5spd awd? :P

No cams yet, ran out of funds during the rebuild. Just has new valves, guides, Brian Crower springs, oem retainers and locks, viton valve stem seals, revised lifters, copper sprayed oem composite head gasket, and ARP head studs.

I'll never get rid of this thing, already way too much time and money put into it plus it has a brand new motor and transmission. I searched for almost 6 months to find exactly what I wanted, and drove all the way down to St. Louis to pick it up.


Thanks for the welcome guys. Hope to meet some of you someday.

Last edited by Dylan0123; 11/12/2011 at 04:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 06:48 PM   #189
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan0123 View Post
Wow that looks great! I'm definitely going to look into getting a stainless/aluminum combo.



How can you upgrade from a 2g 5spd awd? :P

No cams yet, ran out of funds during the rebuild. Just has new valves, guides, Brian Crower springs, oem retainers and locks, viton valve stem seals, revised lifters, copper sprayed oem composite head gasket, and ARP head studs.

I'll never get rid of this thing, already way too much time and money put into it plus it has a brand new motor and transmission. I searched for almost 6 months to find exactly what I wanted, and drove all the way down to St. Louis to pick it up.


Thanks for the welcome guys. Hope to meet some of you someday.
upgrade? go to an evo.. i was just thinking maybe you had aftermarket and wanted to move up to like 280's front 272's or something then i could get em cheap.. found some dks 280's for 175 anyways


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 09:48 PM   #190
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin
 
mattcossel29's Avatar
 
mattcossel29 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newton, IA
Posts: 1,064

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan0123 View Post


How can you upgrade from a 2g 5spd awd? :P
If you are running the 6/4 combo(Like me) you cant


__________________

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

  Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 12:06 AM   #191
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefordsms View Post
our theme song lol
http://youtu.be/b6bmRrGqfkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp0HwepwDPg

this one is actually pretty good


__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2011, 02:50 AM   #192
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschooley92 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp0HwepwDPg

this one is actually pretty good
first one was way better.. that one.. is just.. not funny..


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2011, 03:31 PM   #193
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

we ever gonna decide a name? id like to do it an get some decals made up an slapped on our rides and ready to rock when it warms up!!!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2011, 06:47 PM   #194
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

we still got time lol


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2011, 06:53 PM   #195
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Seemed like the thread was dying out and I just couldn't let that happen

  Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2011, 05:24 AM   #196
gsxtasy420
JDM Lover
 
gsxtasy420's Avatar
 
gsxtasy420 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 87

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

i've got a 97 eclipse. i'd freaking love to be included in the dsm scene...for once. all my buddies are drifters or honda junkies. -_- big plans for the car this winter, unless sold. hoping to go awd. car currently has an evo 16g, huge spec-v fmic, eibach springs, & tons of other good stuff. keep me posted on these meets guys! love to attend one & bring out the dsm!





__________________

Drive Slow. Roll Hard. Stay Fresh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2011, 06:16 AM   #197
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Itll all be posted right on here. I think we are all in your same boat. Most of us hang out with honda ppl and go to the "jdm" meets aka 50 honda and 2 dsms sitting in the corner.. this is just us trying to create a.dsm scene.. anyone and everyone that loves dsms we'd be glad to have join


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2011, 12:18 PM   #198
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier
 
lovefordsms's Avatar
 
lovefordsms is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottumwa
Posts: 451

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxtasy420 View Post
i've got a 97 eclipse. i'd freaking love to be included in the dsm scene...for once. all my buddies are drifters or honda junkies. -_- big plans for the car this winter, unless sold. hoping to go awd. car currently has an evo 16g, huge spec-v fmic, eibach springs, & tons of other good stuff. keep me posted on these meets guys! love to attend one & bring out the dsm!



damn is all im going to say wish there was hot girls driving dsms here in ottumwa

  Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2011, 02:33 PM   #199
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

You should just hope for hot girls in ottumwa....

On that note.. im glad to see more girl dsm 'er.. its an extra bonus that they are both hot


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2011, 01:25 AM   #200
gsxtasy420
JDM Lover
 
gsxtasy420's Avatar
 
gsxtasy420 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 87

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
You should just hope for hot girls in ottumwa....

On that note.. im glad to see more girl dsm 'er.. its an extra bonus that they are both hot
ahaha. thanks. i've been a dsmer for as long as i can remember...i guess we're just hard to find.


__________________

Drive Slow. Roll Hard. Stay Fresh.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.