JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Acura RSX/EP3/K-series

Old 09/16/2008, 07:38 PM   #1
eirek4
JDM Knight

Default rsx suspension questions

ok so I have had these tein springs on the rsx for about 3 weeks now. 1.4 inch rear drop.. and rockin stock struts still.. I have noticed when i make a sharp turn to the left I hear a knocking from the passenger rear strut assembly or if I hit a huge bump on that side its the same.. I never hear this from the driver side.. any ideas?

also what is a good adjustable strut for these bad boys.. I have read the koni yellows are great but not sure I want koni struts!!
any advise would be appreciated

Old 09/16/2008, 09:44 PM   #2
eirEP3
JDM Soldier

Default Re: rsx suspension questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirek4 View Post
ok so I have had these tein springs on the rsx for about 3 weeks now. 1.4 inch rear drop.. and rockin stock struts still.. I have noticed when i make a sharp turn to the left I hear a knocking from the passenger rear strut assembly or if I hit a huge bump on that side its the same.. I never hear this from the driver side.. any ideas?

also what is a good adjustable strut for these bad boys.. I have read the koni yellows are great but not sure I want koni struts!!
any advise would be appreciated

ya the stock struts on our chasiss suck!! maybe the rear right strut tower wasnt tightened all the way and its poping on a thread. i remember it was hard as hell to get in there and tightn it. i dont know i could be wrong about that tho....
i cant remember if i did that part or not i might of tighten it down but maybe it still has a couple of turns on one of them or somthing. it cuts your hand all up in there if i remember right. i hope we get some good imput on this.

Old 09/16/2008, 10:00 PM   #3
RICKYritethere
Work

stock struts with the tein springs. When you decompressed the spring assembly there were grooves at the end of the springs. The should be placed directly in so that it fits nice and firm. Which im sure that you did right but did you also cut the bump stopper in half when assembling the struts back on? The whole clunking noise is a common problem for dc5's. If nothing seems wrong with performance you may be fine. Ive seen this problem happen with a few friends in there rsx's and it eventually went away. hope any of that helps. btw with aftermarket struts. <-- i suggest getting a full damper setup. When you buy aftermarket struts you have to drill through the fronts and assemble the new ones with parts from your stock mcpherson struts. <---also a pain in the ass. All cheapo coilover setups are also junk when matched with the dc5 chassis, id suggest going for progress coilovers or buddyclub N+'s, or even function and form type 2 type 2's which arent released for us yet. Progress coils are hard to get nowadays on clubrsx because each set is built but these are the setups that id go with honestly. Its for your girls ride right sir?

Old 09/17/2008, 09:13 AM   #4
eirek4
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYritethere View Post
stock struts with the tein springs. When you decompressed the spring assembly there were grooves at the end of the springs. The should be placed directly in so that it fits nice and firm. Which im sure that you did right but did you also cut the bump stopper in half when assembling the struts back on? The whole clunking noise is a common problem for dc5's. If nothing seems wrong with performance you may be fine. Ive seen this problem happen with a few friends in there rsx's and it eventually went away. hope any of that helps. btw with aftermarket struts. <-- i suggest getting a full damper setup. When you buy aftermarket struts you have to drill through the fronts and assemble the new ones with parts from your stock mcpherson struts. <---also a pain in the ass. All cheapo coilover setups are also junk when matched with the dc5 chassis, id suggest going for progress coilovers or buddyclub N+'s, or even function and form type 2 type 2's which arent released for us yet. Progress coils are hard to get nowadays on clubrsx because each set is built but these are the setups that id go with honestly. Its for your girls ride right sir?
thanks man!! Ya IM pretty sure the springs were placed in the groove properly.. I know me and wes made sure of that and I cut the bump stops in half!! it just sounds really weird.. I rode w/ seats down this morning and it sounds like its coming from the top so wes may be right.. I may not have tightened it down all the way.. I know with the stock springs when I hit a huge bump it would make a noise that would make you cringe but nothing when taking a sharp turn or quick jam to the left!! but I wasn't wanting to spend a ton of money of the suspension for her car yet.. eventually i wanted to get the buddy club set up cause I can get a deal on them... so I may just need to figure it out and wait to get the coils next spring!!!.. and ya its for the ladies ride!!!! I just havent read much into this car and chasis.. I know enough to diagnose a few things myself and w/ messing w/ wes's ep but just thought I would ask the rsx heads on here as they have probably been messing w/ them longer

appreciate the input!!!

Old 08/01/2009, 12:57 AM   #5
zamir

maybe its time for the old one to be replaced but ya check first to see its tight or not and koni is nice.

Old 08/04/2009, 05:27 PM   #6
eirek4
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamir View Post
maybe its time for the old one to be replaced but ya check first to see its tight or not and koni is nice.
wow this is an old thread.. ya put d2 coils on it and ep3 type r sway bar.. no more noise and feels amazing..