JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Suspension/Chassis/Brakes

Old 03/31/2013, 11:51 PM   #1
JDMgirl712

Ques WHICH SPRINGS TO GET?!

So I finally have some money to spend on my 9th gen and I want to buy some springs but I don't know which ones to get!
I want ones that give me the lowest possible drop but rides good.
8th gen springs or 9th gen springs?
My friend told me to get H&R Springs...
I know I'll need rear upper isolators if I wanna use the 8th gen springs but the rear still sits high but overall, it sits lower than it would on an 8th gen. I want at least 2" drop.
SOMEONE HELP ME!

FB2 Squad Member #38
Old 04/01/2013, 06:13 AM   #2
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN

Default Re: WHICH SPRINGS TO GET?!

If you want a responsive/not bumpy ride and a lowered vehicle, I'd invest in a good quality full coilover kit that has dampening adjustability, i'd also do a little research to see if any other components would need upgraded for the drop (i.e. tie rods, bushings, etc...). its a basically new car so if i was you i'd make sure to put quality parts on it. No reason to make your car bumpy and ride like shit for the sake of style, not to mention down the road you'll develope all kinds of rattles from interior panels and anything that can become loose in the suspension, you'll lose the quiet comfortable ride and your spine in the process.

Or you could get some lowering springs and neglect the rest of the suspension and see how it goes i guess. either way, good luck and happy modding!

Last edited by ConHuevos!; 04/01/2013 at 06:20 AM.

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 04/01/2013, 08:23 PM   #3
blacksheep
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMgirl712 View Post
So I finally have some money to spend on my 9th gen and I want to buy some springs but I don't know which ones to get!
I want ones that give me the lowest possible drop but rides good.
8th gen springs or 9th gen springs?
My friend told me to get H&R Springs...
I know I'll need rear upper isolators if I wanna use the 8th gen springs but the rear still sits high but overall, it sits lower than it would on an 8th gen. I want at least 2" drop.
SOMEONE HELP ME!
I would suggest Swift Springs, which would work with stock dampers in most cases. Best designed springs in the industry.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
Old 04/01/2013, 09:06 PM   #4
luis31
Jefe De Jefes

I have neuspeed springs on my car. 2" drop. Not TOO bouncy riding on em two years and really Like em

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
Old 04/13/2013, 08:33 AM   #5
michaelx43
JDM Soldier

I had h&r race springs with stock struts on my civic. Little bouncing on good sized dips in the road but over all pretty decent ride. Pretty good looking drop as well, like 2.5 in the back and 2.3 in front i believe?

Old 05/27/2013, 05:49 PM   #6
HaVeeAir

Tein Springs

Old 10/02/2013, 12:27 PM   #7
jdms_eg2

Talk with Chris at Red Shift motorsports. He's redoing a website best suspensions. He's an awesome guy and gives great advise. I'm willing to bet he will suggest koni yellow sports and eibach's since swift has yet to develop them for the 9th gen. He also has full coilovers for the 9th gen. Don't do like I did and go down the road of "coilovers". There's a huge difference in what real track cars run vs. most street cars on coilovers. Check 8th and 9th civic forums his reputation speaks for itself.

Old 10/10/2013, 09:05 AM   #8
michaelx43
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdms_eg2 View Post
Talk with Chris at Red Shift motorsports. He's redoing a website best suspensions. He's an awesome guy and gives great advise. I'm willing to bet he will suggest koni yellow sports and eibach's since swift has yet to develop them for the 9th gen. He also has full coilovers for the 9th gen. Don't do like I did and go down the road of "coilovers". There's a huge difference in what real track cars run vs. most street cars on coilovers. Check 8th and 9th civic forums his reputation speaks for itself.
It's been five months..I'm sure he found something..