JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Suspension/Chassis/Brakes

Old 03/22/2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Guzm4n
JDM Fan

Default Local places that can revalve shocks?

I'm going to get a set of Bilstein shocks & struts but I want to get them revalved for Swift Spec-R springs. Does anybody know a local place that will be able to do this, I've heard some motorcycle shops are able to?

Old 03/23/2013, 04:28 PM   #2
hflshane
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Local places that can revalve shocks?

Look for some hits in the dirt track community. They do all kinds of that shit. I think one of the companies comes with a truck to the races and does it there too.

Life Begins at 9000rpm
Old 03/25/2013, 12:03 PM   #3
blacksheep
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
I'm going to get a set of Bilstein shocks & struts but I want to get them revalved for Swift Spec-R springs. Does anybody know a local place that will be able to do this, I've heard some motorcycle shops are able to?
Is this for the Evo X? Excellent option if that's what you are doing. Spec-R is hands down THE BEST coil spring out there. They also make great coilover springs.

I would not mess with local places as I don't have faith in them and bilstein is the best at this. I have had bilstein do these in the past atleast twice now.

Its a painless process. You call and and let them know the spec-r rates (Brian at swift can give them to you and give you advice on what to say), then mail to them with information discussed with them, they will call you when done, charge your cc and ship to you. Takes 2 to 3 weeks with shipping etc included. Its 70 a corner, I believe.

EDIT - If you buying used bilsteins, have seller ship direct to Bilstein and save some shipping money. What I did one time.

Good luck!

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
Old 03/26/2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Guzm4n
JDM Fan

Well, my X already has the Bilsteins with the stock Eibach springs, I am thinking about switching to the Spec-R ones later on. What I want to do is put Evo 8 Bilsteins on my Galant. For the fronts I need to have a bracket welded on for my front sway links & for the rear I just need a Galant bottom mount to be welded on so it'll look like this:

But I'm not sure if Bilstein would do this, so I was checking if I could have it done locally.

EDIT: if I can get this done I'll be using Swift Spec-R springs on the Galant.

Old 03/27/2013, 07:07 AM   #5
blacksheep
JDM King

Thats right, you have the white MR-T. Sorry, I forget in my old age!

No bilstein will not do that. And to be honest, if you sent in something like that, they may not even want to work on it.

What you are doing to those is the same as what 4g, 5g and 6g galant guys do to get Evo suspension on their rides. I have seen sets of Evo OEM KYB with springs sell for as low as 250 online.

For the welding, contact Stasche at e-fab. He is a vendor on the forum. He can weld those on easy.

These bilsteins - are they Evo bilsteins? If so, you don't even need to revalve - They should be able to take the spec-r rates easily. If you using bilstein HD which is a different product, then you may have to re-valve.

Old 03/27/2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Guzm4n
JDM Fan

Yup I want to do what has been done to the older Galants, so this will make it the first 8g Galant with the Evo setup. The Bilsteins that I will be using will be the ones that come with the Evo 8/9 MR.

Old 03/27/2013, 01:32 PM   #7
blacksheep
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
Yup I want to do what has been done to the older Galants, so this will make it the first 8g Galant with the Evo setup. The Bilsteins that I will be using will be the ones that come with the Evo 8/9 MR.
Quite honestly, they can handle spec-r rates. I would throw them on and re-build when and if you run into the dampers leaking or performing poorly.

Old 03/28/2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Guzm4n
JDM Fan

Thanks, I'll do that instead & once I get a set I'll hit up e-fab.