Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Toyota Forum

Old 03/02/2012, 09:47 AM   #51
newgen
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Supras in iowa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
I really would like it to be at the track. A dig on the street is not a front wheel drive thing lol. But ill bring some Hoosiers race radials if that's ok. N rolls are gay. Lol i do them but I don't think it proves to much. Maybe a really slow roll. Anyways the i still have to do the rhd. Lol but I did finish ordering the motor parts today n BisiMoto sent me a email with the tracking number today :).

I agree 150% on the whole roll racing thing. Thats great can't wait to see your car back together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish View Post
"Theologicly" it could just be roll race envy......
1988 Toyota Supra: You don't know!
Old 03/02/2012, 11:57 AM   #52
Lee_MA61
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan@Ziebart View Post
personally i dont think its all about the "fastest car" or who has the best power to wheight ratio/ most convenient power band. more about how prepared the car and driver are to do what it was built for. in this case that would be straight line. ill admit that would mean i should have a built auto and full slicks but thats not quite my style at this point. my vote is a real race but if a roll is what you want ill be more than happy to oblige.
don't care either way.

-1984 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Red (2JZ-GTE + 74mm)
-1985 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Silver (no engine...)
Old 03/03/2012, 08:43 PM   #53
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Bobby, I'll tell you what. If you beat my 240 I'll pay for your track admission and gas too and from the place. This will be after I do my turbo upgrade of course. As it stands right now, you'll have me beat. You're gonna be running an estimated 12.5 or faster on street tires. Im low 13s right now. After the turbo upgrade I think a race between me and you would be a fun one to watch. I'll have more power and rwd, but the weight difference is pretty dramatic.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 03/04/2012, 01:06 AM   #54
newgen
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
Bobby, I'll tell you what. If you beat my 240 I'll pay for your track admission and gas too and from the place. This will be after I do my turbo upgrade of course. As it stands right now, you'll have me beat. You're gonna be running an estimated 12.5 or faster on street tires. Im low 13s right now. After the turbo upgrade I think a race between me and you would be a fun one to watch. I'll have more power and rwd, but the weight difference is pretty dramatic.
Did you make it back to the track after the shootout? The fastest I remember you running was a mid 13 at the shootout. More power to you if you did.

Quote:
Old 03/04/2012, 08:38 AM   #55
crxh22honda
JDM King

Yea Keith told me you did a 13.6. Ill go with what you told Keith. I also did a 13.6 but with super street tires by that I mean 185/65/14 fuzion hzi on stock crx si rims( super joke of combo). 60ft 2.25 1/8 8.6 1/4 13.6 @ 104mph with slicks dropping it 1.8 would be a huge gain in time. Considering I spin tell i hit 3rd. Also that was with my car untuned right when I got it done with a eBay header, stock manifold. Making a little under 190whp 150tq. With kyb four adjustable shocks but not the agx with ebay coilover. Now the pic select auto/drag set up. If I can hit 280whp an a 50shot say goodnight.

Oo an ill take that bet. Ill do the same.

Well maybe it was a little more under 190whp cause before the tune it was that with the p28ecu from phearable But when I went to the track I had the p13 ecu. N after I got the ecu untuned an tried it out it I could tell it pulled harder all the way through the power band. But hey both our cars will be completely different when they come back.

Last edited by crxh22honda; 03/04/2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03/04/2012, 07:31 PM   #56
Suprasaurus

Quote:
Im low 13s right now.

|1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type Gloss Black|
Old 03/04/2012, 08:42 PM   #57
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprasaurus View Post

Old 03/04/2012, 10:43 PM   #58
BoostinSRT
JDM Fan

With the power numbers you guys are gonna put down and weight... I guess I was out of place I must be the slowest one posting one this thread

Old 03/05/2012, 12:35 AM   #59
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

I'll find the time slip. Fastest one I ran was a 13.4, the 13.6 pass was during the qualifying rounds and later on that day once me and tony started heating up the tires more we were running faster times. I've increased my boost pressure by 3-4 psi since we went there, I know it's not a huge difference but I'm sure it'll make a change of .2 of a second.

I don't have a slip that'll show a low 13's but I'm confident that it's faster now then it was the day we went to the track.

Old 03/05/2012, 12:38 AM   #60
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Yea Keith told me you did a 13.6. Ill go with what you told Keith. I also did a 13.6 but with super street tires by that I mean 185/65/14 fuzion hzi on stock crx si rims( super joke of combo). 60ft 2.25 1/8 8.6 1/4 13.6 @ 104mph with slicks dropping it 1.8 would be a huge gain in time. Considering I spin tell i hit 3rd. Also that was with my car untuned right when I got it done with a eBay header, stock manifold. Making a little under 190whp 150tq. With kyb four adjustable shocks but not the agx with ebay coilover. Now the pic select auto/drag set up. If I can hit 280whp an a 50shot say goodnight.

Oo an ill take that bet. Ill do the same.

Well maybe it was a little more under 190whp cause before the tune it was that with the p28ecu from phearable But when I went to the track I had the p13 ecu. N after I got the ecu untuned an tried it out it I could tell it pulled harder all the way through the power band. But hey both our cars will be completely different when they come back.
Let me know when you're ready. Not talking shit, but I'm thinking I'll have my car ready to go before yours is. You've got a heck of a lot more work to do then me.

Old 03/05/2012, 07:56 AM   #61
Suprasaurus

Quote:
I'll find the time slip. Fastest one I ran was a 13.4, the 13.6 pass was during the qualifying rounds and later on that day once me and tony started heating up the tires more we were running faster times.
The fastest I remember you running is a 13.6, so I'm interested in seeing this time slip.

Quote:
I've increased my boost pressure by 3-4 psi since we went there, I know it's not a huge difference but I'm sure it'll make a change of .2 of a second.

I don't have a slip that'll show a low 13's but I'm confident that it's faster now then it was the day we went to the track.
You're probably making more power now than you were then. But that doesn't merit saying you're running low 13's... Because if that's the case, then I'm running 9's.

|1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type Gloss Black|
Old 03/05/2012, 08:03 AM   #62
newgen
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinSRT View Post
With the power numbers you guys are gonna put down and weight... I guess I was out of place I must be the slowest one posting one this thread
50,000,000whp with 12 second passes representing supras . You know how we do

Quote:
Old 03/05/2012, 08:25 AM   #63
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgen View Post
50,000,000whp with 12 second passes representing supras . You know how we do
I think he was talking about my beast lol what sucks is I'm doing all this work n you guys will still beat me. But I have to say I love my car.

Old 03/05/2012, 09:38 AM   #64
newgen
JDM Soldier

Quote:
I think he was talking about my beast lol what sucks is I'm doing all this work n you guys will still beat me. But I have to say I love my car.
Someone could spend a 1/4 of what I spent and get just as fast as what i'm doing. It's all about what you want to build. I think what you have is awesome.

Quote:
Old 03/05/2012, 10:15 AM   #65
proud nico
JDM Lover

This is hilarious.. i was in the red car with jordan when we raced leon and the only reason jordan got out of it was because we were already 3 short busses ahead of you lol

Old 03/05/2012, 10:26 AM   #66
515S14
JDM Soldier

A lot of calling people out in here I love it! And Brett I got you beat with the slowest one! Stock KA FTW!!!

I'll be Rollin slow behind everyone this summer to avoid getting any rock chips and then Hard parking wherever we go

Old 03/05/2012, 11:09 AM   #67
BoostinSRT
JDM Fan

I just hope I can get some picks of my car sliding with urs in the background to make mine look better

Old 03/05/2012, 11:38 AM   #68
newgen
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinSRT View Post
I just hope I can get some picks of my car sliding with urs in the background to make mine look better

Quote:
Old 03/05/2012, 10:25 PM   #69
Lee_MA61
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud nico View Post
This is hilarious.. i was in the red car with jordan when we raced leon and the only reason jordan got out of it was because we were already 3 short busses ahead of you lol
Cool sounds like i got destroyed for some reason or another. must have gotten lucky on those other races. damn I knew they were messing with me. To bad my ricer excuse didn't work with jordan.. he seen right through that. So really there's no need to race jordan this year at all then you all know my secret. Besides I wasn't planning on fixing my fuel gauge anyways. haha we dynoed the car late last year on e85 and only made 200whp at 30psi. I think that's all she's got anyways. I'm going more for the ricer look now these days. Thinking about getting a massive alum. spolier, dropping ride height and tucking the shit out of the wheels. and when I say the shit I mean back to the future car when it turns into the flying DMC-12. I might even get the flux capacitor and mister fusion, since I can get an employee discount at work on them.

Last edited by Lee_MA61; 03/05/2012 at 10:35 PM.

Old 03/06/2012, 04:04 AM   #70
crxh22honda
JDM King

Can we get a group buy?

Old 03/06/2012, 09:49 AM   #71
proud nico
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_MA61 View Post
Cool sounds like i got destroyed for some reason or another. must have gotten lucky on those other races. damn I knew they were messing with me. To bad my ricer excuse didn't work with jordan.. he seen right through that. So really there's no need to race jordan this year at all then you all know my secret. Besides I wasn't planning on fixing my fuel gauge anyways. haha we dynoed the car late last year on e85 and only made 200whp at 30psi. I think that's all she's got anyways. I'm going more for the ricer look now these days. Thinking about getting a massive alum. spolier, dropping ride height and tucking the shit out of the wheels. and when I say the shit I mean back to the future car when it turns into the flying DMC-12. I might even get the flux capacitor and mister fusion, since I can get an employee discount at work on them.
yeah jordan might as well save the gas.. and as for the ricer look, go for it. it'd suit you well

Old 03/06/2012, 10:05 AM   #72
Lee_MA61
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud nico View Post
yeah jordan might as well save the gas.. and as for the ricer look, go for it. it'd suit you well
I think so too

Old 03/06/2012, 10:07 AM   #73
Lee_MA61
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Can we get a group buy?
yeah the group buy is on

Old 03/07/2012, 10:15 AM   #74
kornfedb20
JDM Knight

Count me in!

2000 integra ls b20vtec- sold
1990 eagle talon tsi awd evo 3 16g 23psi-sold
1988 toyota supra turbo-traded
1998 mitsubishi eclipse gst-sold
1989 toyota supra 1jz bw s366 12psi.-SOLD
1989 toyota supra 2jz precision 6776 ecumasters emu-current
Old 04/01/2012, 02:52 PM   #75