JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Subaru Forum

Old 07/05/2011, 12:36 AM   #1
Switchblade
JDM Knight

Default Need input from the Subaru guys!

Now, I know absolutely nothing about Subarus so I thought I'd get some input from you experienced owners. Been looking for a Lincoln LS for my girlfriend and we ran acrossed this Subaru, she likes it. Went and checked it out, looks real cool but has a small knock for about 2 seconds when it starts up. He said it's been that way for quite a while since he's owned it. Also, it has 180k miles. I know that isn't bad for a Honda but would be terrible for an American car, so I'm not sure how that stands with a Subaru? Anyway, his listing price is 5k, told him no way, we'd need to work it down. Said his bottom dollar is 4k, we thought we would offer him around 3700. What do you guys think? Is this too many miles for a Subaru? (Engine/tranny original) car has no mods other than the wheels, not even bolt ons. Thanks for any input ahead of time.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2457118696.html

Canon 40D User.

Old 07/06/2011, 11:02 AM   #2
bukChans
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Need input from the Subaru guys!

If you didnt say anything about the knock I would've been all over it. I to am looking for a RS2.5... As far a reliablity goes, its all up to the current owner at this part. I know my WRX bought at 50k 5 years ago, has not been to the shop for ANY repair yets. Major repair that is. I would ask to take it your reputable shop for a check up.

02 Subie WRX - turbo spooling at 12 mph!
06 Civic LX
Old 07/06/2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Switchblade
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukChans View Post
If you didnt say anything about the knock I would've been all over it. I to am looking for a RS2.5... As far a reliablity goes, its all up to the current owner at this part. I know my WRX bought at 50k 5 years ago, has not been to the shop for ANY repair yets. Major repair that is. I would ask to take it your reputable shop for a check up.
For sure. She already said she's not buying any car without getting it inspected first.

Canon 40D User.

Old 07/07/2011, 06:04 PM   #4
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

No shit! 2.5RS! Man, let me know if you decide not to get it. The sound you say it makes reminds me of my friends volkswagen. It has something to do with the timing chain tensioner going bad. But idk about subarus so I couldn't tell ya.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 07/08/2011, 03:14 AM   #5
Switchblade
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
No shit! 2.5RS! Man, let me know if you decide not to get it. The sound you say it makes reminds me of my friends volkswagen. It has something to do with the timing chain tensioner going bad. But idk about subarus so I couldn't tell ya.
Yeah we decided not to get it, feel free.

Canon 40D User.