eh?

Andrew.
My flick
Facebook
Old 09/24/2009, 08:15 AM   #52
blacksheep
JDM King

Default Re: Moderator Issues

Hmm, time for me to speak my mind about something....

I think moderators need to be more stringent all over this site.

Another section that needs some attention is the Clasifieds

Most FS threads have no pics, worthless descriptions, little to no contact information and an absolute fucking waste of space. I have been trying to find a GSR head for a bit now and I have to look at every thread as descriptions are worthless in the Title and the rest is just as pathetic.

You go to forums like focaljet (yeah, focus forms are more organized) etc and they have really nice rules for people to follow. I think that people need to take the effort to post a FS Thread else they are not serious about selling it.

The excuse that this is JDMCity, half the people possess the written communication skills of a dung beetle or are broke ass ricers with mismtached cars and hence they cannot do it is NOT an excuse. A moderator or site owner should lead by example, much like a leader in a workplace.

Seriously, there needs to be some serious clean-up in this house else this board will never win the respect or attention of anyone. It will be a place to come take a shit all over and not care.

And I have been a moderator before half you kids were even born, so lets not even tell me I have no experience moderating

Here is how we used to and still moderate a Cars For Sale section on another board which is just as small due to it being a niche car, so size doesnt matter.

Its all about taking respect in what you do. Its like keeping a car clean or running well - this board is sometimes like the POS cars for sale on here - cobbled up and hodge podged rusty pieces of junk.

Sellers:

1. If your title is "Newbie" you may only sell Galant VR-4s (E39A) here. No other makes or models will be allowed to be sold by Newbies. Do not post your FS ads in other forums, as they will be deleted. Junior and Senior Members may sell other makes and models however be reasonable with what you think would sell here. You will probably have better luck on eBay or Craigslist.

2. Subjects must begin with FS:, EB:, FREE: or FEELER: and you must put a description, location AND asking price in the TITLE. If it is an eBay ad then at least the location must be posted.
For example: 92 Black Galant VR4 (3/1000) Philadelphia area, PA $20,000.00
a) FS: For Sale
b) EB: Ebay Auction
c) FREE: Free
d) FEELER: "Feeler" threads

3. Post must contain asking prices, this is not eBay and we don't do auctions.

4. The vehicle must be posted by the owner. Do not list cars that are not yours. Any attempts to get around rule #1 will be deleted. This rule also protects us all as we have had issues where transactions have gone bad and the poster denies any responsibility. The owner of the items must post their own thread. If they're not members here, don't sell it here.

5. At least one clear photo of the actual car for sale is required. If you are serious about selling your vehicle, this should not be a problem.

6. No best offers or starting-bids; this is not ebay. With the information available on this site you should have an idea prior to posting what you have to have out of the car. If necessary, you may lower your asking price by editing your post.

7. You are limited to 1 "bump" of your thread per week (a bump is replying to your own post with the specific purpose of moving it to the top of the post list). If you insist on bumping your thread all the time it will be locked. Please give everyone else with posts that have interest and activity their rightful place.

8. When your item sells, please add "SOLD" to the end of your thread title and/or in the post, so no one wastes time PMing and emailing. We would prefer that prices remaing in place to assist in establishing market value of parts for future members.

Buyers:

1. New WTB threads are not permitted. Please use the WTB/WTT thread stickied at the top of the section for posting your "WTB" or "WTT for GVR4" requests.

2. If you add unwanted comments, opinions or you try hijack someone's thread it WILL be deleted no questions asked. Asking questions related to an interest in purchasing the items is okay, complaining about the price/quality/etc is not.

3. It is your responsibility to determine the trustworthiness of the seller. Check the Bad Guys and Good Guys forums for seller feedback. Buyer and Seller must enter into a purchasing contract soley between themselves. GalantVR4.org (the site), it's management and membership are not responsible for any claims or damages.

4. If you have a dispute with another member that involves a solicitation to buy or sell merchandise or services that originated from a post on GalantVR4.org and you are unable to resolve the situation in a reasonable amount of time you are encouraged to resurrect the post in question by replying to it and detailing your situation in as much of a level-headed, non-accusatory and mature way as possible. If anything, this will serve as a warning to others and hopefully provide a means of general arbitration with your peers. If this does not generate a response please visit the Bad Guys forum to make a post.

5. Although you can send PayPal without fees (send as a gift) you may then have limited recourse in the event of an issue with the purchase. Use this carefully.

--

If you fail to follow the above we will either EDIT, MOVE or DELETE your post and may do so WITHOUT WARNING.

By posting to this site you agree to follow these rules and our potential enforcement of them.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
Old 09/24/2009, 09:32 AM   #53
erok
F.T.C.

I must say the moderation on the classifieds is alot better then it used to and I have seen consistent warnings about no pics posted. My only gripe is people getting crazy deleting shit. I remember when on dragsource you couldnt even edit your post haha

Its funny to think back on jdmcity when one moderator kept getting hassled about a debt he owed and kept deleting the posts when confronted about it lmao...

Old 09/24/2009, 10:29 AM   #54
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

IMHO the mods need to use San as an example of a good mod. Now as a person most sex offenders make a better example. But he's a good mod. Keep it up dark meat.

Looking for hydro B16 trans parts. Let me know if you have a parts transmission.
Old 09/24/2009, 10:33 AM   #55
Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok View Post
I must say the moderation on the classifieds is alot better then it used to and I have seen consistent warnings about no pics posted. My only gripe is people getting crazy deleting shit. I remember when on dragsource you couldnt even edit your post haha

Its funny to think back on jdmcity when one moderator kept getting hassled about a debt he owed and kept deleting the posts when confronted about it lmao...
Most Users don't even see what Myself/Bill see as far as clutter/ Thread FS with no pics, poor deiscriptions...ect. You don't see the useless posts/ bashing/arguing that goes on.

We try our best, YES, some stuff gets looked over. But it come swith having to go thru 3 pages of bull to get to 1 point.

Bill is the most "up to it" Mod on here. He keeps this place cleaner than any other Mod. Show some respect. Don't freak over one fault, when theres plenty more positives that has happend.

Last edited by Garrett; 09/24/2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09/24/2009, 10:33 AM   #56
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

And a little something for Han. I think it's bullshit that you won't let the Mods view IP's. There are known jackers on here and nothing being done about it. That was one thing I liked about .com as a mod is that I could view IP's.

Looking for hydro B16 trans parts. Let me know if you have a parts transmission.
Old 09/24/2009, 11:08 AM   #57
2000teg22
ITALIANSENSATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwokSiR View Post
And a little something for Han. I think it's bullshit that you won't let the Mods view IP's. There are known jackers on here and nothing being done about it. That was one thing I liked about .com as a mod is that I could view IP's.
sorry but weather they are jackers or not they are still human...they deserve their privacy juss as much as we do...but thats juss me not sticking up for them but they are human

ps.
what is this ".com" you guys are talkin bout

Old 09/24/2009, 11:40 AM   #58
two four dee
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwokSiR View Post
lawl IP's for what?

Last edited by two four dee; 09/24/2009 at 11:42 AM.

Formally known as I drive a dc2

Chuki > Zenki
Old 09/24/2009, 11:57 AM   #59
Taijutsu
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000teg22 View Post
sorry but weather they are jackers or not they are still human...they deserve their privacy juss as much as we do...but thats juss me not sticking up for them but they are human

ps.
what is this ".com" you guys are talkin bout
.com there talking about is referring to the old Dragsource.com forum/site.

The new one is dragsource.net. btw.

Koi Kang

Old 09/24/2009, 12:27 PM   #60
EM1San
I take pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Hmm, time for me to speak my mind about something....

I think moderators need to be more stringent all over this site.

Another section that needs some attention is the Clasifieds

Most FS threads have no pics, worthless descriptions, little to no contact information and an absolute fucking waste of space. I have been trying to find a GSR head for a bit now and I have to look at every thread as descriptions are worthless in the Title and the rest is just as pathetic.

You go to forums like focaljet (yeah, focus forms are more organized) etc and they have really nice rules for people to follow. I think that people need to take the effort to post a FS Thread else they are not serious about selling it.

The excuse that this is JDMCity, half the people possess the written communication skills of a dung beetle or are broke ass ricers with mismtached cars and hence they cannot do it is NOT an excuse. A moderator or site owner should lead by example, much like a leader in a workplace.

Seriously, there needs to be some serious clean-up in this house else this board will never win the respect or attention of anyone. It will be a place to come take a shit all over and not care.

And I have been a moderator before half you kids were even born, so lets not even tell me I have no experience moderating

Here is how we used to and still moderate a Cars For Sale section on another board which is just as small due to it being a niche car, so size doesnt matter.

Its all about taking respect in what you do. Its like keeping a car clean or running well - this board is sometimes like the POS cars for sale on here - cobbled up and hodge podged rusty pieces of junk.

Sellers:

1. If your title is "Newbie" you may only sell Galant VR-4s (E39A) here. No other makes or models will be allowed to be sold by Newbies. Do not post your FS ads in other forums, as they will be deleted. Junior and Senior Members may sell other makes and models however be reasonable with what you think would sell here. You will probably have better luck on eBay or Craigslist.

2. Subjects must begin with FS:, EB:, FREE: or FEELER: and you must put a description, location AND asking price in the TITLE. If it is an eBay ad then at least the location must be posted.
For example: 92 Black Galant VR4 (3/1000) Philadelphia area, PA $20,000.00
a) FS: For Sale
b) EB: Ebay Auction
c) FREE: Free
d) FEELER: "Feeler" threads

3. Post must contain asking prices, this is not eBay and we don't do auctions.

4. The vehicle must be posted by the owner. Do not list cars that are not yours. Any attempts to get around rule #1 will be deleted. This rule also protects us all as we have had issues where transactions have gone bad and the poster denies any responsibility. The owner of the items must post their own thread. If they're not members here, don't sell it here.

5. At least one clear photo of the actual car for sale is required. If you are serious about selling your vehicle, this should not be a problem.

6. No best offers or starting-bids; this is not ebay. With the information available on this site you should have an idea prior to posting what you have to have out of the car. If necessary, you may lower your asking price by editing your post.

7. You are limited to 1 "bump" of your thread per week (a bump is replying to your own post with the specific purpose of moving it to the top of the post list). If you insist on bumping your thread all the time it will be locked. Please give everyone else with posts that have interest and activity their rightful place.

8. When your item sells, please add "SOLD" to the end of your thread title and/or in the post, so no one wastes time PMing and emailing. We would prefer that prices remaing in place to assist in establishing market value of parts for future members.

Buyers:

1. New WTB threads are not permitted. Please use the WTB/WTT thread stickied at the top of the section for posting your "WTB" or "WTT for GVR4" requests.

2. If you add unwanted comments, opinions or you try hijack someone's thread it WILL be deleted no questions asked. Asking questions related to an interest in purchasing the items is okay, complaining about the price/quality/etc is not.

3. It is your responsibility to determine the trustworthiness of the seller. Check the Bad Guys and Good Guys forums for seller feedback. Buyer and Seller must enter into a purchasing contract soley between themselves. GalantVR4.org (the site), it's management and membership are not responsible for any claims or damages.

4. If you have a dispute with another member that involves a solicitation to buy or sell merchandise or services that originated from a post on GalantVR4.org and you are unable to resolve the situation in a reasonable amount of time you are encouraged to resurrect the post in question by replying to it and detailing your situation in as much of a level-headed, non-accusatory and mature way as possible. If anything, this will serve as a warning to others and hopefully provide a means of general arbitration with your peers. If this does not generate a response please visit the Bad Guys forum to make a post.

5. Although you can send PayPal without fees (send as a gift) you may then have limited recourse in the event of an issue with the purchase. Use this carefully.

--

If you fail to follow the above we will either EDIT, MOVE or DELETE your post and may do so WITHOUT WARNING.

By posting to this site you agree to follow these rules and our potential enforcement of them.

If I could quote your entire post and use it as my signature I would. It's definitely on point. I'm sick of dbags getting on here for one thing - to sell a product with no pictures or prices. And then when I ask for a picture, they post something off of a different website.

Thank, KC. I will look over some of these rules from FocalJet and probably use them on this site.

Now to those of you reading this take warning - I will be deleting your worthless For Sale threads.

Andrew.
My flick
Facebook
Old 09/24/2009, 12:53 PM   #61
zachv365
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
This is true...

LOL, Thanks big guy!

You have Infractions against you already, for doing things against the rules on JDMCITY. I Warn you so you don't get Infracted again, and you throw a piss fit. Its ok tho, I've learn'd as a Moderator, Not everyone will get along on a Board, seems to be you against a lot of ppl. Not just you against me.
I have an INFRACTION against me. (Singular Dumbass)

You're right everyone isn't going to get along, but since you are a moderator doesn't that mean that you should follow the rules that you're supposed to enforce? When I PM'ed you about how I felt, you threatened me with another infraction. What in the fuck was I doing wrong? I personally think you're very biased, and unprofessional. I hope being a moderator on a website, and threatening people with an infraction, makes you feel like a big tough man.

I am against a couple people on here. Those people would be yourself, and another dumbass, who really pisses me off when I see his worthless posts that could be answered with a trip to google. I'm also seeing that there are a lot of people against yourself though too.

2006 Ford Explorer XLT- DD
1995 Acura Integra GSR-Weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2k5 View Post
Posts are not subjected to letter grades, they are just subjected to member perception and persecution.
Old 09/24/2009, 01:21 PM   #62
TypeRTony
has retired

97R- Sold
Old 09/24/2009, 01:32 PM   #63
Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv365 View Post
I have an INFRACTION against me. (Singular Dumbass)

You're right everyone isn't going to get along, but since you are a moderator doesn't that mean that you should follow the rules that you're supposed to enforce? When I PM'ed you about how I felt, you threatened me with another infraction. What in the fuck was I doing wrong? I personally think you're very biased, and unprofessional. I hope being a moderator on a website, and threatening people with an infraction, makes you feel like a big tough man.

I am against a couple people on here. Those people would be yourself, and another dumbass, who really pisses me off when I see his worthless posts that could be answered with a trip to google. I'm also seeing that there are a lot of people against yourself though too.
Please refrain from calling me names over the internet, it really hurts. I enforce rules, deal with it. You warnings were ligit, For the same reasons as before, bashing/insulting other users. So, lets not do that anymore!

Old 09/24/2009, 02:11 PM   #64
Judd
JDM Soldier

To clear things up about the IP comments. Only moderators/admin can see the IP's of the posts, not everyone. It allows you to see who has multiple accounts and will also allow you to see who actually does associate with thieves; when they have matching IP's on their posts, they were made from the same computer; meaning they were in the same house...hanging out.

1992 Civic Hatch - LS Turbo
2002 Acura RSX - Daily Driver
http://www.GrowYourFlow.com
Old 09/24/2009, 02:31 PM   #65
MJobe
*OG Member*

Mods do thier job 99% of the time around here, and Never mess with me. But then again I never post stupid/irrevelant shit either..... well most of the time

On a side note , deleting stuff in the jacker thread is stupid. I understand you guys need to take care of "personal attacks" but if someone is personally attacking a known thief let them do thier thing

I have respect for everyone, Until they show they have no respect for me

-Out of the game
Old 09/24/2009, 04:18 PM   #66
Bill
Closing Threads

wait pm with the situation?

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
Old 09/24/2009, 05:46 PM   #67
dc2Ricky
JDM King

I just seen this crazy ass japanese car!

delete me DAT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taijutsu View Post
I know it's the internet, but damn. "raceing sean".
NONBOOSTED R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat1BVtecN View Post
talkin about "aye shawwwwtyyyy!!!"
Old 09/24/2009, 06:57 PM   #68
wilson091
(BANNED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd View Post
To clear things up about the IP comments. Only moderators/admin can see the IP's of the posts, not everyone. It allows you to see who has multiple accounts and will also allow you to see who actually does associate with thieves; when they have matching IP's on their posts, they were made from the same computer; meaning they were in the same house...hanging out.
What if they have an IP changer? I have used to have one when I played diablo 2 and used maphack lol. But anyways, I've never had a problem with any mods on here, keep up the good work

Old 09/24/2009, 10:13 PM   #69
SupaDave
A Better Version

so is there going to be more mods?

Old 09/24/2009, 10:35 PM   #70
Prez
JDM Knight

WEAKSOS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Manny16 View Post
Some people build their car around looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_xX View Post
Tran, Toretto, and O'Conner feel the same way
Old 09/24/2009, 10:58 PM   #71
TypeRTony
has retired

So can u mods still see the deleted post?

97R- Sold
Old 09/24/2009, 11:00 PM   #72
dc2Ricky
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRTony View Post
So can u mods still see the deleted post?
that would be cool. I want to know what happen to the stolen thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taijutsu View Post
I know it's the internet, but damn. "raceing sean".
NONBOOSTED R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat1BVtecN View Post
talkin about "aye shawwwwtyyyy!!!"
Old 09/24/2009, 11:10 PM   #73
Bill
Closing Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
so is there going to be more mods?
no i dont belive there will be anymore mods and nothing is wrong with the stolen parts its still there and yes we can see the deleted post

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
Old 09/24/2009, 11:42 PM   #74
TypeRTony
has retired

Well since this thread seems to be dying down, but u know me I'm back in this bitch with a gas tank to keep this shit going. Bill u seemed to be the main target earlier so I'll leave ya alone. We had our thing but I don't think anyone saw it. It's over with no hard feelings

But other then that the only person that stood out to me was Garrett. He came out of nowhere and just got "backspace/delete happy" and deleted alot of shit out for a couple of days and everyone kept wondering why there post got deleted for no reason. Alot of mine but I ain't tripping. When everyone first heard about the new mod they hated u. Showed up on the scene like he the new man in town. But I never had anything against u, just thought u were a big dick at first.(no offence) That was back then but now everything all good

And then there were two left, hmmmmmm how can i put this... U guys think that picture of Casey in a shower with 2 guys was gay lol ain't got nothing on these two right here

jk pimps ^^ had to get everyone.

First person to get banned on jdmcity YES!!!!

Last edited by TypeRTony; 09/25/2009 at 01:06 AM.

97R- Sold
Old 09/25/2009, 09:31 AM   #75
zachv365
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Please refrain from calling me names over the internet, it really hurts. I enforce rules, deal with it. You warnings were ligit, For the same reasons as before, bashing/insulting other users. So, lets not do that anymore!
I figured you would beat around the bush. That's ok, I didn't expect anything to change anyway. Carry on.

2006 Ford Explorer XLT- DD
1995 Acura Integra GSR-Weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2k5 View Post
Posts are not subjected to letter grades, they are just subjected to member perception and persecution.