Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Miscellaneous Forum > Meets/Events

Old 07/11/2013, 05:14 PM   #76
99eclipse
JDM King

Default Re: MEEEET!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat192 View Post
It would cause mine is motor less and no front end on it hah. The different colors is fine by me but when it's the same people who bash on everybody else's cars, and when they are the one with no side skirt and what bot I just laugh. Nearly 98% of all dsm I see riding around town around des Moines look like they just came from the first fast and furious minus a clean paint job. Last thing why do almost all you dsm owners claim your cars are the fastest and you will run laps around everybody?
defintly cant beat everyone, but 90% of people yes,
and there is alot of clean dsm's local they just wont come to meets because everyone bashes on them, i have tried to get them to come multiple times an they wont, here's a pic of just one of them,

Old 07/11/2013, 06:47 PM   #77
crxh22honda
JDM King

Waze app!!!!!

Old 07/11/2013, 07:39 PM   #78
dat192
Honey boo boo

I heard they use it as a reason to pull you over and check all your shit out. I say cruise threw water works and park along the road for a few snap shots and just go place to place raising some eye brows.

1 bitch 2 bitch
fat bitch skinny bitch
Old 07/12/2013, 04:52 AM   #79
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
Sweet!! 13sec cars!

Old 07/12/2013, 08:29 AM   #80
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

So I've come up with 2 simple ways we can do this that I believe will work out well.

First one:
Starting at Tokens, cruise route would be getting on 235 going west, jump on 35 north, then 80 east, and back down on 235 s/w, get off at the fluer drive exit and drive down to Waterworks where the fountain is. There should be plenty of room for parking there, park on the sides in the grass, I don't think it's possible to fill that place up so we should be good.

Second one:
Start at Waterworks, cruise to 235 east, 80 west, get off at the Grimes exit, head north and go to Saylorville or vise versa. Could start at Saylorville and end at Waterworks. Whichever one sounds like it'll work the best

Let me know what you think, I tried to do a route that obviously isn't the quickest and gives us plenty of interstate time. This way we can all make sure we are driving together and not dealing with a bunch of lights.

Old 07/12/2013, 01:19 PM   #81
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
So I've come up with 2 simple ways we can do this that I believe will work out well.

First one:
Starting at Tokens, cruise route would be getting on 235 going west, jump on 35 north, then 80 east, and back down on 235 s/w, get off at the fluer drive exit and drive down to Waterworks where the fountain is. There should be plenty of room for parking there, park on the sides in the grass, I don't think it's possible to fill that place up so we should be good.

Second one:
Start at Waterworks, cruise to 235 east, 80 west, get off at the Grimes exit, head north and go to Saylorville or vise versa. Could start at Saylorville and end at Waterworks. Whichever one sounds like it'll work the best

Let me know what you think, I tried to do a route that obviously isn't the quickest and gives us plenty of interstate time. This way we can all make sure we are driving together and not dealing with a bunch of lights.
that sounds good. thanks pete

Old 07/12/2013, 03:00 PM   #82
newgen
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Added Tokens to the list. I think I might drive by there sometime within a week to verify it'll be a low car friendly spot.

Next thing I would like to bring up is how would everyone like this to go? I was thinking meet up at a spot for 45 minutes to an hour and a half, then cruise to the next spot where we will finish up the meet hanging out for 3hours or more. This way it gives people the option of opting out on the cruise portion if they please. The reason I would like to keep it limited to 2 locations is so we can see how well cruising works. If it proves successful then for the next one (if there is a next one) we can plan for more locations.
If you haven't driven by yet I wouldn't bother. We met there one night to go street racing. All the entrances have huge chunks of cement missing or there are sharp inclines. Definitely not lowered friendly lol. Everyone was bitching up a storm when we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phish View Post
"Theologicly" it could just be roll race envy......
1988 Toyota Supra: You don't know!
Old 07/12/2013, 03:10 PM   #83
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
City never gives me issues (knock on wood). He wanted to get me for something, its all he had.. he tried to tell me my modified exhaust is illegal, even tho i was in N the whole time, even when I passed him, and he tried to say my windows were tinted because he saw them up as i went by (my windows are manual, and dont have levers.. they were down , and have never been tinted.. he just wanted to pull me like a dick..

He was a smart ass which is typical of a trooper. Oh well. when they call for donations, ill be sure to waste 87$ of their time.
yea, sounds about right. though living in DSM, youre going to run into a lot more asshole cops than in ames or boone

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
Old 07/12/2013, 03:44 PM   #84
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
yea, sounds about right. though living in DSM, youre going to run into a lot more asshole cops than in ames or boone
No west des moines are the asshole cops. Des moines ain't so bad unless your downtown. Ive always had a bad time with ames police officers

Old 07/12/2013, 04:06 PM   #85
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
No west des moines are the asshole cops. Des moines ain't so bad unless your downtown. Ive always had a bad time with ames police officers
ames cops are dicks, but they usually pull you over for legit reasons, nothing bullshit like what pirate said.

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
Old 07/12/2013, 04:52 PM   #86
Sr. Vic Damone
JDM Knight

Typical, people talking trash on others rides on jdmcity. Take that non sense elsewhere isn't this thread about starting a meet and greet???

Well if you guys care to join us next Saturday 7/20 Rising Sun promotions and others are holding a car/bike charity meet and greet for our buddy who passed away in a motorcycle accident. It's an all age event and there will be food and drinks available. Link below has all the details. Hope to see everyone there

https://www.facebook.com/events/529945183727187/

Old 07/13/2013, 07:17 AM   #87
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
He was talking about Tokens which is in West Des Moines...

Old 07/18/2013, 05:13 PM   #88
VQ30DE-K

i want to come..