JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 08/15/2013, 12:54 PM   #1
turbocoupe

Default fule cut high rpms

I have a eg coupe with a built gsr, it's tuned on Neptune 1000 cc precision injectors, what is going on is when it hits about 15 lbs of boost it acts like it is either not getting enough fuel or to much an bogs out real bad, it had a turbonetics deltagate mark 2 wastegate, I bought a turbonetics evolution wastegate same mm put it on and seemed like it was having boost creep isues so I put the old wastegate back on, and it is still cutting at high rpms. any suggestions?

Old 08/15/2013, 01:54 PM   #2
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Default Re: fule cut high rpms

Man you did something other then swap wastegates around. Unplug any sensors or fuck with anything else? Whats your AFR showing, or do you not have a wideband?

Old 08/15/2013, 02:44 PM   #3
turbocoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Man you did something other then swap wastegates around. Unplug any sensors or fuck with anything else? Whats your AFR showing, or do you not have a wideband?
I don't have a wideband, and I haven't messed with any sensors or anything, at this point I am almost thinking fowled injector, but wouldn't it run like shit all the time if it was? The only thing I have done to it since it was tuned was change the down pipe to a bigger diameter.

Old 08/15/2013, 03:22 PM   #4
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

sooo you've got all this money invested in a built motor turbo setup and you don't even run an essential gauge? Get one, don't drive the car until you do, then drive it and if the AFR go out of wack immediately get off the throttle take it home and let us know what the fuel is.

Also was it after you did the downpipe that this problem started happening? Or did you do that prior and the car ran fine on it before because you didn't have the downpipe mentioned in your first post.

Don't leave any info out, was it running perfect then immediately upon changing wastegates it started to have this issue? Or did it take a few days/weeks before the issue started to happen?

Old 08/15/2013, 04:12 PM   #5
turbocoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
sooo you've got all this money invested in a built motor turbo setup and you don't even run an essential gauge? Get one, don't drive the car until you do, then drive it and if the AFR go out of wack immediately get off the throttle take it home and let us know what the fuel is.

Also was it after you did the downpipe that this problem started happening? Or did you do that prior and the car ran fine on it before because you didn't have the downpipe mentioned in your first post.

Don't leave any info out, was it running perfect then immediately upon changing wastegates it started to have this issue? Or did it take a few days/weeks before the issue started to happen?
When I changed the downpipe it ran fine for about a month then it started doing just every once in a while, like it still is, sometimes it runs great at high rev and then sometimes it runs like shit at high revs. it was already cutting out when I put the new wastegate on. The only other change is when I put on the new down pipe it was a lot larger than the one that was on it so we had to re route some of the intercooler piping, but still ran great for about a month.

Old 08/15/2013, 04:51 PM   #6
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoupe View Post
When I changed the downpipe it ran fine for about a month then it started doing just every once in a while, like it still is, sometimes it runs great at high rev and then sometimes it runs like shit at high revs. it was already cutting out when I put the new wastegate on. The only other change is when I put on the new down pipe it was a lot larger than the one that was on it so we had to re route some of the intercooler piping, but still ran great for about a month.
You've got something else going on, this isn't related to your wastegate. Are you throwing any codes? I would go get your tune checked out, changing downpipes to a larger pipe can definitely make a difference.

What exactly is the car doing when it acts up? Is it sputtering or just feeling like there's a loss of power?

Old 08/16/2013, 08:23 PM   #7
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Pull your plugs, take some good quality pictures of each plug, making sure to take it at a little bit of an angle so you can see down into the cavity, see the strap, and see the top 3-4 threads of the plug. Like this picture.