JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Audio/Security/Video

Old 12/21/2010, 04:59 PM   #1
kornfedb20
JDM Knight

Default 15 inch kicker problem.

so i got a 15 inch kicker comp with a pioneer amp from a trade i did and when i hooked it up in my car to hear it there would be sound out of the sub for a second then it will shut off. i dont know why the kid said it works but im thinking i got ripped off.
if anyone has an idea let me know i did kind of hurried up and put it together but i know i had it hooked up right do you think it could be a ground problem?

Old 12/21/2010, 05:19 PM   #2
dalawoi
toaster box

Default Re: 15 inch kicker problem.

it worked when i had it.. i did not rip you off.. the sub was hitting when i sold it and the amp was working the day before.. im not on here to rip people off..

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
Old 12/21/2010, 09:03 PM   #3
95topless
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfedb20 View Post
so i got a 15 inch kicker comp with a pioneer amp from a trade i did and when i hooked it up in my car to hear it there would be sound out of the sub for a second then it will shut off. i dont know why the kid said it works but im thinking i got ripped off.
if anyone has an idea let me know i did kind of hurried up and put it together but i know i had it hooked up right do you think it could be a ground problem?
My old type R did that. It would make the noises like when you plug your iPod in with the aux cable, etc. Then it would play the first beat of the first song and then shut off. What brand of wires do you have? Mine was caused by the fuse/fuse holder in the power wire. It was melting the plastic around the fuse...

Good luck

Old 12/21/2010, 10:52 PM   #4
kornfedb20
JDM Knight

i got 4 gauge wirekit from wal mart! lol im not really trying to listen to them ijust want to hook em up for my buddy who wants to buy it so he can hear it atleast. i didnt touch any wiring when i disconnected my subs and didnt touch the ground or anything. idk what is wrong.

Old 12/22/2010, 09:02 AM   #5
95topless
JDM Soldier

Haha yeah then those are probably the same wires I have. Try holding the fuse down into the fuse holder really tight amd see if that does the trick.

Old 12/23/2010, 02:51 AM   #6
dalawoi
toaster box

i have had a similar problem... with my 1800 watt amp when i plugged in my type r's.. i just took out every possible fuse on the amp and wire and just simply put it right back it and it worked... im being honest that stuff i traded works sorry for the troubles tho

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right