JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Mazda Forum

Old 08/30/2012, 06:35 PM   #1
BuiltHonda
JDM Soldier

Default turbo recomendations?

I have a single turbo conversion in a fd......looking for a new turbo any recomendations?

Old 08/30/2012, 07:08 PM   #2
The Laser
JDM King

Default Re: turbo recomendations?

Depends on your goal. I know holsets are always a good choice, just depends on what you're looking to get out of it. What did you use when you did the conversion?

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
Old 08/30/2012, 08:49 PM   #3
BuiltHonda
JDM Soldier

the apexi rx6d turbo with upgraded turbines but the seals recently went bad &no the turbos are non rebuildable so in the market to buy now

Last edited by BuiltHonda; 08/31/2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09/26/2012, 09:37 PM   #4
NRattV7
JDM Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltHonda View Post
the apexi rx6d turbo with upgraded turbines but the seals recently went bad &no the turbos are non rebuildable so in the market to buy now
Hey it's been awhile since I checked in on JDMCity, but are you still looking for a turbo? What are you looking for as far as turbos? Guess better question would be what do you want to use the turbo for? What is the flange on the manifold for that kit? I would contact Sean at A-Spec in Schaumburg, IL and discuss the options. He was the one who helped me decide and put together my single turbo kit on the FD. Lots of good info in this link too: http://www.rx7club.com/single-turbo-rx-7s-23/
I believe Howard Coleman is spending alot of his time researching the single turbos for this car too. He has a huge thread about it in that sub-forum I posted.

FYI, my kit is not a high hp set-up the focus for it is on response and usable power since it will be used more for track days/time trials, light focus on autocross, while maintaining streeability. I chose to not aim for high hp because...well...I want my engine to last. The kit I got was a slightly modified Precision Turbo kit with PT6165 Ball-Bearing turbo that he sells. I am unfortunately still in the process of finishing up this project.

Glad to see another FD driver in Iowa. There are so few of us.