JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Do It Yourself (DIY)

Old 01/06/2011, 09:20 AM   #1
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN

Default DIY: Fog Light Harness for EP3/RSX

well i've had my egay fogs for a year now. i got them as a christmas gift last year. i installed them when i first got them and they ended up burning my gauge cluster out, so i fixed the cluster (was a complete bitch to do). I finally got enough motivation to get these puppies to turn on, so i'm going to be making my own foglight harness. I'm sure its been done before, but while i'm at it I decided i'm going to do a step by step and post up all the parts i used, including how much it all cost. I started on it last night and i'll post up pix later to show my progress.

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 01/06/2011, 11:55 AM   #2
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN

Default Re: DIY: Fog Light Harness for EP3/RSX

started this a while back but here is what i can remember from what i did and what it cost.

started off with ordering a RSX oem fog light switch 30$

then i cut the plastic that was around the 5 prongs. and purchased some female connectors from orailleys (3-4$)

hooked up the connectors to the prongs and wrapped them in heat shrink loom.

soldered some wires on the ends of the connectors and voala! switch side is done! too easy!

harness is next!

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 01/06/2011, 01:25 PM   #3
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN

Default Re: DIY: Fog Light Harness for EP3/RSX

took some pics over lunch break of my progress from last night..

went to radioshack last night and bought an automotive 40A relay, .250 female/male quick connect pack, and heat shrink wrap.

total was $17.46 which includes tax. don't have a pick of the heat shrink stuff

so i crimped some wire which was left over from the old fog harness into the female connectors and heat shrink wrapped them. They plug right on to the relay pretty nicely and feel very firm.

i have a blue wire which is connected to the relay in the #30 prong which is going to be wired to a fuse holder with 20A fuse and go to the (+) side of the battery

Red wire on #87 which will be my power to the fog lights.
Black wire on #86 will be my ground.
yellow wire on #85 which will be going to my fog light switch.

heres another view. when i took this picture i realized that the relay that came in the package from radioshack was the wrong one.. good thing its all able to un-connect!!!

more to come.....

Last edited by ConHuevos!; 01/06/2011 at 03:44 PM.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 09/16/2013, 07:07 PM   #4
Raccoon2000

Exclaim Re: DIY: Fog Light Harness for EP3/RSX

Hey nice forum. I was wondering if you could tell me the correct relay? Since the one you did the work on was a 40A, what size is the correct one or does it vary? Also could you show which cables from the switch go on the relay? I would appreciate it very much. I've been looking for this forum and yours is the closest to what I want to do to my car.