JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Miscellaneous Forum > General Discussions & Debate

View Poll Results: PS4 vs. XBOX One
PS4 19 61.29%
XBOX One 5 16.13%
Neither. I don't play console games. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Old 07/01/2013, 08:38 PM   #1
HANDA
Newbie
 
HANDA's Avatar
 
HANDA is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SOLO
Posts: 1,187

 
Default PS4 vs. XBOX One

I vote for PS4!

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2013, 09:19 PM   #2
BB2status
JDM Soldier
 
BB2status's Avatar
 
BB2status is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 311

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

PS4 all day. Micro$oft wants to rape its customers!

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2013, 09:20 PM   #3
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN
 
ConHuevos!'s Avatar
 
ConHuevos! is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DSM
Posts: 1,838

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

wheres the option that says

"gave up gaming when I found pussy".


__________________

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2013, 09:58 PM   #4
michaelx43
JDM Soldier
 
michaelx43's Avatar
 
michaelx43 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 242

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

I hear the xbox one sucks ass so my vote goes to ps2

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 01:59 AM   #5
mike03
JDM King
 
mike03's Avatar
 
mike03 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,303

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Hell no!!

Bring this back!


__________________

DD: 00' Civic Ex

94' Honda Civic Ex - sold
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 12:46 PM   #6
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike03 View Post
Hell no!!

Bring this back!
YEEEEEEES if we're considering what microsoft had in mind in the first place, PS4 all the way. now, im not sure. most likely would still get PS4 since its cheaper and has free online.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 12:48 PM   #7
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Online Will Not B Entirely Free For Ps4


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 01:00 PM   #8
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
Online Will Not B Entirely Free For Ps4
how so?


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 01:18 PM   #9
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
how so?
No online Multiplayer Unless Ps+ Member.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 03:01 PM   #10
BigBird
JDM Soldier
 
BigBird is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Des Moines. Ia
Posts: 231

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
No online Multiplayer Unless Ps+ Member.
Yeah it's that same as Xbox live. But instead u pay monthly and Xbox u just pay all at once. Same thing. But I've always played Xbox so ima choose Xbox one.


__________________

eg
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 04:05 PM   #11
BB2status
JDM Soldier
 
BB2status's Avatar
 
BB2status is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 311

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Yeah it's that same as Xbox live. But instead u pay monthly and Xbox u just pay all at once. Same thing. But I've always played Xbox so ima choose Xbox one.
Im sure you can pay yearly for PS+. Also with PS+ you get free games every month.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 04:22 PM   #12
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Yeah it's that same as Xbox live. But instead u pay monthly and Xbox u just pay all at once. Same thing. But I've always played Xbox so ima choose Xbox one.
You Can PAy Yearly. Its Also Cheaper Than Xbl.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Switchblade
JDM Knight
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Switchblade is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 697

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
You Can PAy Yearly. Its Also Cheaper Than Xbl.
And also gets hacked and goes down for months. You get what you pay for, I'll keep buying a year of Xbox live off Amazon for $40 and enjoying my awesome service and fantastic Xbox only titles.


__________________

Canon 40D User.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 04:30 PM   #14
Switchblade
JDM Knight
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Switchblade is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 697

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

But seriously, I prefer the Xbox contoller much more than Playstation controllers. And like I said, Xbox only titles. I'm a "Hardcore gamer", I don't judge my preferences with games purely off money.


__________________

Canon 40D User.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:13 PM   #15
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
No online Multiplayer Unless Ps+ Member.
Interesting. Just read about it and sounds a lot better than XBL.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:15 PM   #16
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
And also gets hacked and goes down for months. You get what you pay for, I'll keep buying a year of Xbox live off Amazon for $40 and enjoying my awesome service and fantastic Xbox only titles.
XBL got hacked about a year before the PSN did, so that argument is invalid.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:15 PM   #17
dat192
Honey boo boo
 
dat192's Avatar
 
dat192 is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DES Moines Iowa (515)
Posts: 2,291

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

People saying the new xbox sucks but yet neither are even out haha. I honestly like xbox better but don't ever play anymore due to having a full time job.


__________________

1 bitch 2 bitch
fat bitch skinny bitch
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:53 PM   #18
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
And also gets hacked and goes down for months. You get what you pay for, I'll keep buying a year of Xbox live off Amazon for $40 and enjoying my awesome service and fantastic Xbox only titles.
funny you say "hardcore gamer", Microsoft is going away from the hardcore gamer crowd. They are mainly interested in the gimmicky junk they are putting out with the kinect and their new tv series they are coming out with. I dont see any of these xbox one exclusive that are coming out as hardcore. Halo? come on, that thing has been been the selling point, but that game is not what it used to be. I cant think of anything that microsoft has going for them aside for Forza and Ryse. I'll stick with the system with superior hardware, at a cheaper price, that isnt trying to screw the customer every chance they get.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:54 PM   #19
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat192 View Post
People saying the new xbox sucks but yet neither are even out haha. I honestly like xbox better but don't ever play anymore due to having a full time job.
I have a full time job, part time job, and 2 kids. Its all in how much you actually want to play.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:55 PM   #20
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
XBL got hacked about a year before the PSN did, so that argument is invalid.
Troof

Ps. sorry about multiple posts.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 06:56 PM   #21
HANDA
Newbie
 
HANDA's Avatar
 
HANDA is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SOLO
Posts: 1,187

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

^^Agreed. And it was Playstation controller > XBox anyday. We'll see about the new ones though.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 07:02 PM   #22
crxh22honda
JDM King
 
crxh22honda's Avatar
 
crxh22honda is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: norwalk
Posts: 1,231

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

After halo 3 I quit playing and having the ring of fire twice, I was over it.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 07:43 PM   #23
luis31
Jefe De Jefes
 
luis31's Avatar
 
luis31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 950

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

I wasnt even going to bring up the hardware failure rate of the 360.
I guess as long as people are willing to keep replacing them, then microsoft really isnt out anything.


__________________

DSM'S, WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN STARTING AND JUNKYARD SINCE '89
  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 09:45 PM   #24
Switchblade
JDM Knight
 
Switchblade's Avatar
 
Switchblade is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 697

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis31 View Post
funny you say "hardcore gamer", Microsoft is going away from the hardcore gamer crowd. They are mainly interested in the gimmicky junk they are putting out with the kinect and their new tv series they are coming out with. I dont see any of these xbox one exclusive that are coming out as hardcore. Halo? come on, that thing has been been the selling point, but that game is not what it used to be. I cant think of anything that microsoft has going for them aside for Forza and Ryse. I'll stick with the system with superior hardware, at a cheaper price, that isnt trying to screw the customer every chance they get.
A: Yes, Forza. I could own only Forza and nothing else and still be fine, the physics are completely unmatched by it's competitor Gran Turismo.

B: Explain to me how the kinect or the ability to have TV on the Xbox will affect my gaming in a negative way?

C: I've never been a Halo fan so I can't comment on it. I don't like shooter games that take an entire clip to kill people.

D: PS3 players always rag on Xbox for red ring, the only reason they do that is because the Xbox has the ability to display a "Red ring". PS3s also fail to work, they just don't have a popular indication like the first gen 360 does. Technology is technology, Xbox's shit out, Playstations shit out, cell phones shit out, computers shit out, TV's shit out, etc etc. Personally I just replaced my 1st gen Xbox 360 about a month ago because the disc drive was going bad. It was about 5 years old, and heavily played, Very heavily.

All in all we'll see how they match up when they're actually released. Once again the specs pretty much match, just like they did with the PS3 VS Xbox 360. So again, it's all about preference. There is no "Better" in my opinion, it's all about your preferences. My preferences happen to revolve around Forza and the controller.

Last edited by Switchblade; 07/03/2013 at 09:47 PM.

__________________

Canon 40D User.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2013, 10:57 PM   #25
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: PS4 vs. XBOX One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
A: Yes, Forza. I could own only Forza and nothing else and still be fine, the physics are completely unmatched by it's competitor Gran Turismo.

B: Explain to me how the kinect or the ability to have TV on the Xbox will affect my gaming in a negative way?

C: I've never been a Halo fan so I can't comment on it. I don't like shooter games that take an entire clip to kill people.

D: PS3 players always rag on Xbox for red ring, the only reason they do that is because the Xbox has the ability to display a "Red ring". PS3s also fail to work, they just don't have a popular indication like the first gen 360 does. Technology is technology, Xbox's shit out, Playstations shit out, cell phones shit out, computers shit out, TV's shit out, etc etc. Personally I just replaced my 1st gen Xbox 360 about a month ago because the disc drive was going bad. It was about 5 years old, and heavily played, Very heavily.

All in all we'll see how they match up when they're actually released. Once again the specs pretty much match, just like they did with the PS3 VS Xbox 360. So again, it's all about preference. There is no "Better" in my opinion, it's all about your preferences. My preferences happen to revolve around Forza and the controller.
A. so forza is the only thing you would play on a $600 cable box? And you call yourself a "hardcore" gamer.

B. as big of a gamer you claim to be, you would realize that all the gimmicks of the kinect and everything else is just a way to inflate the Xbox ones price to what it is now. Not only that, but you're paying for more ads to be shoved down your throat than what is on the Xbox now. I paid for a gaming console, not a cable box that ALSO plays games.

C. Considering that halo and forza are 2 of the very limited exclusive titles on the Xbox, not including kinect games or arcade. Great exclusive selection.

D. Yes, electronics fail, that's a given. But people want to have what fails the least. Even when they put out the elite that had the re-done CPU, it still had a higher failure rate than the PS3.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.