JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Drag/AutoX/Road Course Racing

Reply
 
Old 04/04/2011, 12:00 PM   #51
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Post DMACC Event Goodies: http://www.forums.dmvrscca.org/forum...p=24094#p24094


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2011, 08:09 PM   #52
EM1San
I take pictures
 
EM1San's Avatar
 
EM1San is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bahstun
Posts: 3,234

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

YEEEEEEEE!!!
Not that this has anything to do with DMVR stuff, but I found some NER SCCA events out here in Massachusetts. Gonna try to get involved, even if it's only photography.


__________________

Andrew.
My flick
Facebook
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2011, 08:39 AM   #53
Prez
JDM Knight
 
Prez's Avatar
 
Prez is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 754

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Only today and tomorrow left to pre-register for Adventureland!

Click to register, if you don't show up no big deal but pre-register as it makes the computer entry easier!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...59E52131D0B792


__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Manny16 View Post
Some people build their car around looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_xX View Post
Tran, Toretto, and O'Conner feel the same way
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2011, 09:52 PM   #54
ChunKy
my mexico
 
ChunKy's Avatar
 
ChunKy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: dead grass land
Posts: 4,365

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

see you suckers out there tomorrow, proabably just watch and hopefully co-ride with someone :)


__________________

blah
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2011, 02:41 PM   #55
LARP7
JDM Lover
 
LARP7 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

This was a really fun event!

Alot of new people out there!

  Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 03:04 PM   #56
remix Rick
 
 
remix Rick's Avatar
 
remix Rick is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DesMoines IA,
Posts: 2,008

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Mite try to make it to the next event, see what the y7 4 doe can do. Lol
Hopefully my suspention gets here by then. And get some wheels that's aren't 13s lol.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 05:18 PM   #57
Prez
JDM Knight
 
Prez's Avatar
 
Prez is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 754

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

New Website!!!

Better results postings, more up-to-date news, and WAY easier to navigate!

Check it out and get registered for some events!

http://dsmsolo.com/


__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Manny16 View Post
Some people build their car around looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_xX View Post
Tran, Toretto, and O'Conner feel the same way
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 09:03 PM   #58
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Wrench Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix Rick View Post
Mite try to make it to the next event, see what the y7 4 doe can do. Lol
Hopefully my suspention gets here by then. And get some wheels that's aren't 13s lol.
There's always H stock Ricky...no need for any mods. Just come out and run it the way it is.

PS: I'm diggin' the new website Jeremy. Is that the DMVR logo that Dinko did a while ago?


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 09:10 PM   #59
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabebauman View Post
Is that the DMVR logo that Dinko did a while ago?
He said on the other thread that you did it....might be Dinko's if you didn't do it!!lol

http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.ph...518#post226518


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 01:27 PM   #60
remix Rick
 
 
remix Rick's Avatar
 
remix Rick is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DesMoines IA,
Posts: 2,008

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabebauman View Post
There's always H stock Ricky...no need for any mods. Just come out and run it the way it is.

PS: I'm diggin' the new website Jeremy. Is that the DMVR logo that Dinko did a while ago?
My coil overs will be here before the next event so what class will that put me in?

Last edited by remix Rick; 04/14/2011 at 01:31 PM.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 01:44 PM   #61
remix Rick
 
 
remix Rick's Avatar
 
remix Rick is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DesMoines IA,
Posts: 2,008

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Also just curious. As to how ppl come up with the dates for the solo events? And how come there isn't more events. Is it a money thing or are ppl just not available? It seems like one month there will be 2 events, then there will only be 1 the following month. So just wondering how the whole schedualing thing works.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 02:02 PM   #62
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix Rick View Post
My coil overs will be here before the next event so what class will that put me in?
Street Prepared


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 02:06 PM   #63
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix Rick View Post
Also just curious. As to how ppl come up with the dates for the solo events? And how come there isn't more events. Is it a money thing or are ppl just not available? It seems like one month there will be 2 events, then there will only be 1 the following month. So just wondering how the whole schedualing thing works.
A TON of effort goes into finding new locations and keeping event spots. John Jacobs has been the biggest asset to our solo club the past five years because of all the new locations he's dug up and practically had to beg with business/lot owners for months, even years to obtain. 1 event per month is plenty for me since it does take-up my entire day and all. A lot of soloists who can go to more events do other region's clubs like the Iowa Region and Nebraska Region. There are also a handfull of HPDE's across the Midwest as well as Divisional solo events that can fill the void for the rest of the month. Seriously...you could probably find an event within 300 miles every weekend all summer long.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 02:07 PM   #64
remix Rick
 
 
remix Rick's Avatar
 
remix Rick is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DesMoines IA,
Posts: 2,008

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Ok, thanks gabe, cause if I pre reg. I just wanted to know what class.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 02:08 PM   #65
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix Rick View Post
Ok, thanks gabe, cause if I pre reg. I just wanted to know what class.
Look Here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo_R...solo_rules.pdf

Looks like STREET TOURING is what you'll want to enter.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2011, 02:09 PM   #66
remix Rick
 
 
remix Rick's Avatar
 
remix Rick is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DesMoines IA,
Posts: 2,008

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabebauman View Post
A TON of effort goes into finding new locations and keeping event spots. John Jacobs has been the biggest asset to our solo club the past five years because of all the new locations he's dug up and practically had to beg with business/lot owners for months, even years to obtain. 1 event per month is plenty for me since it does take-up my entire day and all. A lot of soloists who can go to more events do other region's clubs like the Iowa Region and Nebraska Region. There are also a handfull of HPDE's across the Midwest as well as Divisional solo events that can fill the void for the rest of the month. Seriously...you could probably find an event within 300 miles every weekend all summer long.
Yea, 1 event is and would be fine with me, I was just wondering how the whole thing works.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
your mother should have swallowed !!!
94 Dodge dakota
96 Civic ls Swapped
Previously owned
84 cilica supra
94 4 door civic
89 bmw
89 crx si
91 crx si
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2011, 09:10 AM   #67
LARP7
JDM Lover
 
LARP7 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

looking forward to the osky event!!!

by far the most fun! Prolly have to bring the wing

  Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2011, 09:39 AM   #68
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARP7 View Post
looking forward to the osky event!!!

by far the most fun! Prolly have to bring the wing
You need an H22 first.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2011, 05:33 PM   #69
LARP7
JDM Lover
 
LARP7 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Also need to get rid of that stupid power steering

  Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2011, 09:31 PM   #70
Chen
ITR 01-1403
 
Chen's Avatar
 
Chen is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,118

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Hopefully my front sway bar will be here in time for the next event.


__________________

Swangin and Bangin #2 | ImportsUSA | Wireworx | Hybrid-Racing | Autofair Honda
  Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2011, 01:37 AM   #71
paintkilz
JDM Soldier
 
paintkilz is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 163

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

do they try to keep the drifters from entering these or do they not mind provided they do it with respect to the autoxing drivers?


__________________

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee-No Front end. free DD though!

1990 S13. Project. needs fenders. got parts? msg me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2011, 09:11 AM   #72
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Race Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintkilz View Post
do they try to keep the drifters from entering these or do they not mind provided they do it with respect to the autoxing drivers?
Come one, Come all.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2011, 09:13 AM   #73
Prez
JDM Knight
 
Prez's Avatar
 
Prez is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 754

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Pretty sure if you start drifting you may be asked to leave as it would put the workers in danger, and really you can't drift on an autox course anyway IMHO.


__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Manny16 View Post
Some people build their car around looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_xX View Post
Tran, Toretto, and O'Conner feel the same way
  Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2011, 11:36 AM   #74
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez View Post
Pretty sure if you start drifting you may be asked to leave as it would put the workers in danger, and really you can't drift on an autox course anyway IMHO.
Dangit Jeremy! I wanted to see the mad dorifto skillz.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2011, 09:09 AM   #75
dave4130
JDM Soldier
 
dave4130's Avatar
 
dave4130 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 139

 
Default Re: 2011 DMVR SCCA SOLO SCHEDULE

Does accidental snap oversteer in a CRX count as drifting?
Anyone going to the next SCCA event at the Iowa Speedway?

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.