JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda Prelude

Old 07/04/2010, 07:40 PM   #1
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Default my prelude

here she is...i have had the car for 7years

this is my drag car/toy....car has a race weight of 2250..

here is my daily

it is a 89sc

Old 07/04/2010, 08:18 PM   #2
4DRLX
JDM Knight

Default Re: my prelude

lovin the lude where did you get the itbs for the h though, what did they run you?

Old 07/04/2010, 09:43 PM   #3
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRLX View Post
lovin the lude where did you get the itbs for the h though, what did they run you?
i got the itb's off ebay..they are just obx itb's..i have had some issue's w them...but it is currently makeing decent power the itb's made about 20 more whp in the mid range over a euroR im.....

also i have a h23 5-speed tranny..located in sioux city

Old 07/05/2010, 02:57 PM   #4
ososlohatch
JDM King

Nice to see some more sioux city people on here. When you going to get it tuned on the bottle ? Congrats on dirting nate

???????{-}-{},{}_{},{}-{-}??????? {}s0sl{}
Old 07/05/2010, 03:21 PM   #5
goldluderay
JDM Lover

above post who is this? corey?

anyway im dynoing on the 10th this sat on spray.....also hoping to get some more top end out of the motor n/a before hand.....it made 230whp but i had perty much the same motor on a manifold making 240whp...but the itb's are making 20plus whp more in the mid pull....
im thinking it was a fuel psi reg issue on the dyno last time......also going to play w the cam gears this time....... car ran a 13.8@103 w street tires.....best 60ft time was 2.3...but on the 13.8 run i got 2.4 60ft time......i beat nate on street tires also by like 2 cars but he wasnt spraying that run......we re raced w me on slicks and him on spray and the out come was about the same

Old 07/05/2010, 03:44 PM   #6
ososlohatch
JDM King

HAHA nah this is Rick the guy that got corey into hondas. Were you on slicks or drag radials ?? either way you gotta love it when a all motor honda can dirt a supercharged nitrous'd american compact Glad to see you got the itbs working good for ya and you def. can free up some power with your gears and a good fpr. This car will be nasty on the bottle

btw when josh gana have his dsm to smoke me ??

Old 07/05/2010, 03:55 PM   #7
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
HAHA nah this is Rick the guy that got corey into hondas. Were you on slicks or drag radials ?? either way you gotta love it when a all motor honda can dirt a supercharged nitrous'd american compact Glad to see you got the itbs working good for ya and you def. can free up some power with your gears and a good fpr. This car will be nasty on the bottle

btw when josh gana have his dsm to smoke me ??

haha wait along time then josh may have a 11sec dsm who knows.....he can drive those piles so they are so fast but only last about 10 runs then he needs a clutch lol
no the 13.8 run was on normal street tires..low pro one's at that so 60ft and even 330ft
killed me....but i raced nate on street tires and beat him,,,,,raced him on slicks w him spraying and still won me on spray....nates problem is his tires and hefty weight....his car makes good power he cant use it

Old 07/05/2010, 04:15 PM   #8
ososlohatch
JDM King

corey raced nate before he had nitrous when corey had that four door integra with completely ghetto'd junkyard parts turbo kit and corey got him by a car, Nates a cool guy though I haven't been to bp at all this year, working full time, building a new car and helping everyone with there's and having a family doesn't leave me much free time.
Have you got to spray at all on this setup or are you waiting for the tune since your running the d.p. dry setup. ? You still going to joey in sf ? on the 26th they are having a honda meet up there and a big dyno day at joey's place

Old 07/05/2010, 04:24 PM   #9
goldluderay
JDM Lover

sweet...i may make up there who knows......
i have not sprayed the car w this motor......waiting for tune this sat
i sprayed a wet shot on my stockish 10.5.1cr h22 way back....just a 50shot allthough it had great bolt ons custom style shit
and this motor rocks that n/a....lol....ya nate is cool guy he wants anthor shot against me
n/a,,he knows he stands no chance against me on spray especially w the progressive contol,,,,,,,he is getting some other mods should help we will see.....

Old 07/05/2010, 05:31 PM   #10
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

2250 race weight? Wow, without driver, correct? Is this an S model originally? I can't tell if there is a sunroof or not. What are you using for suspension? Any sort of traction bar setup? I used to have a 95 Si-vtec that was all steel, and the lightest I managed to get that thing was 2700 area without driver. I had a sunroof, and steel hood and trunklid though. That is pretty amazing.

Mike

Old 07/05/2010, 06:05 PM   #11
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
2250 race weight? Wow, without driver, correct? Is this an S model originally? I can't tell if there is a sunroof or not. What are you using for suspension? Any sort of traction bar setup? I used to have a 95 Si-vtec that was all steel, and the lightest I managed to get that thing was 2700 area without driver. I had a sunroof, and steel hood and trunklid though. That is pretty amazing.

Mike
it started out as a si modle....it did have a sunroof....i made a plug for it,saved a ton of weight.....and the race weight is 2250(thats drive full bottle..and 1/4 tank of gas) the w/o drive weight is 2050lbs..................and im sure the scale is right because the race weight of the mr2 sc is 2560lbs cause it is mostlyu stock and those things are allways that light

Old 07/05/2010, 06:18 PM   #12
goldluderay
JDM Lover

here is some more sioux city honda love
my old 1989 prelude it's a 3rd gen....mostly a full drag car where mine is sorta kinda a street strip car......you dont want to know how light this car is.....hopefully we get the car street tuned by the end of this month

this is a true old school prelude w the bastard b20a5 motor....this is allmost as old school as it gets

Old 07/05/2010, 10:30 PM   #13
ososlohatch
JDM King

I like That prelude better but they are both sweet

Old 07/06/2010, 08:00 AM   #14
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
I like That prelude better but they are both sweet
his car is badass..used to be old car and i ran a 15.3@90mph w the car still n/a lol
i really didnt want to sell the car cause i wanted too boost but,,he begged me so it is his car...the car is sweet...

Old 07/06/2010, 12:47 PM   #15
ososlohatch
JDM King

Who's prelude is that ? Is that the same guy that used to have the black boosted one ?? cant remember his name but he was a pretty cool guy and let my brother borrow his ngk wideband if it the same dude idk..

Old 07/06/2010, 01:00 PM   #16
Rosko
JDM Soldier

Welcome to the site Ray, did your buddy get the fuel rail yet??

www.roskoracing.com
1992 Honda Prelude 12.74@111.8 N/A
Old 07/06/2010, 01:11 PM   #17
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
Who's prelude is that ? Is that the same guy that used to have the black boosted one ?? cant remember his name but he was a pretty cool guy and let my brother borrow his ngk wideband if it the same dude idk..

yes that is him corey tendal
he still has that wideband too

Old 07/06/2010, 01:13 PM   #18
goldluderay
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
Welcome to the site Ray, did your buddy get the fuel rail yet??
yep he got the rail,,,the craftmanship looks perfect and the spacing was right on!!!
he is hoping to have the car running by the 23rd of this month for a drag strip trip
on low boost.....im hoping to have the n2o working on my car this weekend along w hopefully some more top end it is either in the tune or the itb''s are killing my top end

Old 07/06/2010, 01:43 PM   #19
ososlohatch
JDM King

I might be at the track with my cousin colin, he has a red malibu, it's pretty sweet. You've prolly seen it at the track or the mopar car show

Old 07/06/2010, 02:01 PM   #20
goldluderay
JDM Lover

probally seen it i wandered around the whole mopar show
intell the end where i decided to do a small burn out lol

Old 07/06/2010, 03:24 PM   #21
ososlohatch
JDM King

I doubt its the tune, but you never know. I've heard that the obx's have good mid range but shitty top end becouse they have a much smaller diameter butterfly in the itbs compared to twm's also itb's will net you more mid range but ALWAYS put down less peak power than a good ported manifold and good sized t.b.
itb's are more responsive hence the better mid range but you will always lose top end power running itbs. http://www.ht-archive.com/showthread.php?p=42420981

Just curious, what cams are you running and what is your compression ratio ?

I Think once your tuned on the bottle you will have plenty of top end power

Old 07/06/2010, 03:38 PM   #22
ososlohatch
JDM King

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/ho...-obx-itbs.html

also scroll almost all the way down you can see a pic of obx's compared to name brand itb's, Im not sayn obx's are junk or not worth the money but they are a knock off, smaller butterfly's smaller velocity stacks, smaller diameter runner's, shorter length runners,
You pay half price you get half power just kidding I'd run a kinsler or rosko k2h mani

Old 07/06/2010, 03:56 PM   #23
goldluderay
JDM Lover

i understand those comparo's and itb/im theroy.....i just cant belive it is ringing so true when you compare a itb set-up vs a oem manifold...give credit to honda there factory ims really are great...i have personally measured the obx itbs i have at 52mil at the blade.....im thinking the stack may be a bit small,,and runners a bit small,,the blade if anything is too big,,,,im still liking them for the price i paid lol ..under 500bucks cant beat it......but it is kinda looking like the euro R did beat lol.....not sure cause the mid pull is great.....

anyway the car has just os type-s piston's(swain tech coated)
has skunk 2 flat faced valves
has a milled head past spec to(.030)
i have measured p2v so dont flam just yet
im runnig skunk 2 tunner 2 cams

i know my low combustion chamber volume is not good for top end.....but i had harry's work it some

the est cr is around 12.0.1

im thinking about switching to a different piston w bigger valve pockets so i can run a pro3 cam
and at that point i would run a custom muscle car style tb righ out the scoop that is on the car
something w stacks and alot of volume......but im hoping to rock this set-up for 2 summers before that
stroker motor is done.......but this motor is on the stand right now just needs alot of parts...i have that block sleaved and a crank in it right now....

Last edited by goldluderay; 07/06/2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07/06/2010, 04:03 PM   #24
goldluderay
JDM Lover

def those links are inconclusive
my own person set-ups are better knowledege than those lol

i made 240whp on a eur Rim w 68mil tb
i made 230whp on the itb's
but made more mid like 20 more whp in certian aera's
but im not sure if the car was quicker on im or itb's never got around to running it
that motor dropped a sleave....lol...i then got the obx itb's for a steal ond sold the euro r im
for every penny it was worth lol..

Old 07/07/2010, 12:19 AM   #25
Midwesteeze
JDM Soldier

Quote:

is that a stick on Subaru scoop?

GainStatus
http://www.dpistore.net/