JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > The Honda Database

Old 06/13/2011, 05:16 PM   #1
BlackOpsAlpha
JDM Fan

Wrench JDM B16A build question

I got a JDM B16A short block off craigslist and have been working on turning it into a turbo build. Block was most likely out of a JDM CRX Type R from 1989. I can't seem to find any info about the block other than possibilities of what it could have been in. It is OBD0 and I plan on up converting to OBD1. Right now the block has been boiled and made to a 81.5mm boar. The original crank had been balanced and race bearing have been put in. I have CP pistons at 9:1 cpr and eagle H rods put in. That's what I have going on for the block right now. The head is out of a 99 or 2000 civic SI. It's getting the deck resurfaced right now and possible a 3 angle valve job. Going to get Brian Crower stainless steel valves, titanium retainers/springs and turbo stage 2 cams. Also getting AEM cam gears, Gates racing timing belt, ferrea bronze valve guides and valve seals, Cometic head gasket and ARP head studs. With the valves i can get extra diameter up to 1mm extra. Do i need to worry about this at all or not? Also this is a turbo build and was looking for any input on my setup so far. Also was wonder what sort of turbo I should run at what psi and likely power outputs I should expect?
Thanks for all the help!
Steve

Old 06/13/2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Default Re: JDM B16A build question

From the sounds of it you've already got this all figured out. Should possibly start a build thread and throw up some pics along the way.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 06/13/2011, 07:13 PM   #3
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Don't worry about turbo cams, pick up a set of Skunk2 Tuner 2's or Blox HSL cams. As far as the oversized valves, not really needed. Many people make a lot of power on the stock valve diameter. What are your goals for the car? What chassis is this going into?

Old 06/13/2011, 10:53 PM   #4
BlackOpsAlpha
JDM Fan

My goal is to drop this B16A into a Integra. A DC2 with a JDM conversion(Right Hand Drive, Bar headlights and five lug converstion). looking to get about 350hp-400hp out of the engine when its done. Alot of work ahead but all worth it in the end