JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Toyota Forum

Old 11/07/2011, 07:00 PM   #26
TEQ?
JDM Lover

Default Re: my 89 mr2 sc

It's still gonna handle like a boss too, Have you looked into swapping a different motor than another gze in there? I know you can put 20valves in there and the st accepts boost pretty well. Idk much about that though I've never been into boostin.. yet. I know the 20v motors have 7rib blocks. Do you know if the gze is a 7 rib or a 4 rib?

Old 11/07/2011, 07:42 PM   #27
goldluderay
JDM Lover

that im not sure about....i know they talk about 4rib and 7rib but i have paid close antention....a 20v would be nice but im just going too stick with the 4agze so the wiring and stuff stays the same and simple....but people have put 20v,3sgte's,beams the works in the mr2's mk1's

yeah mine will still handle great and good gas mileagle with the supercharger off atleast lol

Old 11/08/2011, 06:37 PM   #28
TEQ?
JDM Lover

7 rib blocks are just the newer 4a blocks they're quite a bit stronger. There's people that use just the 7 rib block from a 20v and then use the 16v head, pistons, and other internals just for the added strength. I've heard the gze's have trouble keeping cool but never read into it much on how to fix that. I think that's more of a problem if you're gonna track your car though.