JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > JDMCity Forum > News/Updates/FAQ

Reply
 
Old 09/23/2009, 07:02 PM   #1
EM1San
I take pictures
 
EM1San's Avatar
 
EM1San is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bahstun
Posts: 3,234

 
Default Moderator Issues

Due to upset members of JDMcity expressing their feelings on current issues, I've decided to start a thread where members can express feelings and leave comments on what's bugging them. Now this isn't going to be a bash fest on certain mods or people. This is where you post up concerns on how maybe someone is doing their job.

First off - I'm not going to tell other mods, Garrett, Bill, and Dat, how to do their jobs. That's what Han is here to do. I'm here simply to carry out what Han asked us to do - keep the site clean of clutter and useless posts or personal attacks. For the most part, that's what I see.

Now, I have seen threads where even mods make useless posts, bashing on other members which is a huge no-no. I myself have done this, but I try not to. However, some people leave the door wide open that it's just too much not to. So from here on out, I will try and dissuade myself from doing so.

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to tell a fellow mod how to do his job. However, I will tell all of you guys how I do mine.

1. When something is sold, I close the thread. I don't delete it so people can see that yes, it has been sold, kind of as a reference thing. I also close it so people don't go in there and say stupid shit like, "Oh damnz dawgs. I was bout to buy dis shitt tooo yo."

2. If your post is unneeded, I will delete it. For instance, Dinko was selling a buffer on here and some dbag went in and said, "Oh you can get this cheaper on eBay." Really? Nice. Good for you. But I checked eBay and it wasn't listed anywhere on there AND completely idiotic. I don't sit at car dealerships all day and tell people they can get cheaper cars through private sellers, do I?

3. Now, if something is off topic, but somewhat has relevance and use, I will move it to an appropriate thread. People get off topic? It goes in the B.S. Thread. A YouTube video gets posted in the vid section by itself? I move it to the YouTube Video thread. Does that make sense?
Now Judd and JustBrowsing - I understand your frustration, however I think that the mod who deleted your posts was just doing his job. The OP did specify in his original post not to clutter up the thread. Now while I don't think that they were in the right thread, I simply would've moved them to another thread ... probably BS.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to post.


__________________

Andrew.
My flickr
Facebook
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Judd
JDM Soldier
 
Judd's Avatar
 
Judd is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 304

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Andrew, well put. The only thing that irked me was the fact that it was a thread about stolen things and people who steal. I was just warning those people that stuff like that can bite you in the end. Granted Chas has much more insider info on this than anyone else on the board, so that is an exception. I was just trying to look out for the well being of the forum users and the forum itself. I thought that was the most reasonable place to put the post I didn't think it'd be appropriate for it's own thread.

Isn't the object ever every thread, minus the B.S. Thread not to clutter it up? What makes the Stolen Parts thread different than any other on on JDMCity?

Without a doubt this is the best import forum around, it'd be a bummer to have the 5.0 step in, and trust me, it does happen. Also, remember .com? The Failboat not only set sail, but sank due to poor moderation. Just trying to help out.

On a side note, how can you not expect us to celebrate when jackers get caught?

Last edited by Judd; 09/23/2009 at 07:23 PM.

__________________

1992 Civic Hatch - LS Turbo
2002 Acura RSX - Daily Driver
http://www.GrowYourFlow.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 07:23 PM   #3
EM1San
I take pictures
 
EM1San's Avatar
 
EM1San is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bahstun
Posts: 3,234

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

I understand where you're coming from. I know that the cops are (or at least were) here on JDMcity. That's no lie. I just don't think people get why you are so good at knowing why the cops are on the boards. And the reason for that is because you are the Admin of DragSource.net.


__________________

Andrew.
My flickr
Facebook
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Judd
JDM Soldier
 
Judd's Avatar
 
Judd is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 304

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Honestly, I figured my post was deleted because everyone thought it was some type of scare tactic or people thought it was total bullshit.


__________________

1992 Civic Hatch - LS Turbo
2002 Acura RSX - Daily Driver
http://www.GrowYourFlow.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 08:06 PM   #5
Dat1BVtecN
JDM King
 
Dat1BVtecN's Avatar
 
Dat1BVtecN is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IA
Posts: 1,112

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Judd are you mad at me? I never deleted any of your legitimate posts.

LOL


__________________

OOOO 3.2 AWD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Taijutsu
JDM Knight
 
Taijutsu's Avatar
 
Taijutsu is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 562

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Hey was Greg (IsaacEK) ever a Mod?


__________________

Koi Kang

  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 08:24 PM   #7
PHAT MATT
PornSupporter
 
PHAT MATT's Avatar
 
PHAT MATT is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Gangsta Leanin In DMI
Posts: 2,632

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

no ahaha


__________________

Swangin and Bangin #1
Driving wreckless or in a wavy motion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 08:53 PM   #8
EM1San
I take pictures
 
EM1San's Avatar
 
EM1San is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bahstun
Posts: 3,234

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd View Post
Honestly, I figured my post was deleted because everyone thought it was some type of scare tactic or people thought it was total bullshit.
Nah, i don't think that's why but won't speak for other people.


__________________

Andrew.
My flickr
Facebook
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 09:13 PM   #9
k20turbo
JDM Knight
 
k20turbo's Avatar
 
k20turbo is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Marshalltown, IA Iowa City, IA
Posts: 626

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

I dont really consider it a big deal and im not trying to cause drama but i know theres several times my posts have been edited in little arguements started by bill. I know im not the only one this has happened to and one person i can think off of the top of my head that also has had this happen is matthew cossel. Im willing to let it go I dont even care but I think its a lil messed up when I dont get a pm to settle it on a site but a phone call doesnt seem very "professional"? which also represents the site poorly. And im not going to beat it its a community as you said to help people with Issue's not Bag on them or make smart ass comments.

It's in the past so Bill im letting it go no need to confront you as a Man as you stated in a earlier thread.. Just posting because San said it would be a good idea to have it out in the open.

Last edited by k20turbo; 09/23/2009 at 09:16 PM.

__________________

k20a type r.
1 3 5
├┼┼┐
2 4 6 R
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

.

Last edited by Bill; 09/23/2009 at 10:39 PM.

__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:11 PM   #11
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

.

Last edited by Bill; 09/23/2009 at 10:38 PM.

__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:30 PM   #12
thatfastteg
JDM Knight
 
thatfastteg's Avatar
 
thatfastteg is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 538

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

site is not very clean with you swearing at other people.

  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:38 PM   #13
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

ok your right i guess these people just want us to be push overs ok if thats what you want then that is what you will get im tired of dealing with this stupid shit


__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:41 PM   #14
zachv365
JDM King
 
zachv365's Avatar
 
zachv365 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: (515)
Posts: 1,268

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv365 View Post
I'll help add to the mix.

I've had problems with Garrett's powertrip since he started being a moderator. I have even PM'd him with my opinions, and he has threatened to ban me, IN A P FUCKING M!!!!!! I wanted to start a thread about it, but I just assumed it would get deleted. I think if we get enough people to complain to Han, then maybe he will take Garrett's powertrip away from him.


__________________

2006 Ford Explorer XLT- DD
1995 Acura Integra GSR-Weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2k5 View Post
Posts are not subjected to letter grades, they are just subjected to member perception and persecution.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:44 PM   #15
Jinnjuicex
JDM Knight
 
Jinnjuicex's Avatar
 
Jinnjuicex is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Des Moines
Posts: 667

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

ehh garrets cool cause he skates thats all i know about him

  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:45 PM   #16
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

apperntly non of us mods are cool that do our job but whatever thats cool im over this now ima be on a power trip if i see something that shouldnt be its gone sorry tough love


__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:53 PM   #17
Judd
JDM Soldier
 
Judd's Avatar
 
Judd is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 304

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

I think only two of the four moderators have been complained about. I've heard nothing about San or the other one... So, false, some of you moderators are cool.


__________________

1992 Civic Hatch - LS Turbo
2002 Acura RSX - Daily Driver
http://www.GrowYourFlow.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 10:54 PM   #18
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

cuz they dont do much or we get to it first lol


__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 11:39 PM   #19
Garrett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
cuz they dont do much or we get to it first lol
This is true...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnjuicex View Post
ehh garrets cool cause he skates thats all i know about him
LOL, Thanks big guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv365 View Post
I'll help add to the mix.

I've had problems with Garrett's powertrip since he started being a moderator. I have even PM'd him with my opinions, and he has threatened to ban me, IN A P FUCKING M!!!!!! I wanted to start a thread about it, but I just assumed it would get deleted. I think if we get enough people to complain to Han, then maybe he will take Garrett's powertrip away from him.
You have Infractions against you already, for doing things against the rules on JDMCITY. I Warn you so you don't get Infracted again, and you throw a piss fit. Its ok tho, I've learn'd as a Moderator, Not everyone will get along on a Board, seems to be you against a lot of ppl. Not just you against me.

  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 11:42 PM   #20
Judd
JDM Soldier
 
Judd's Avatar
 
Judd is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 304

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
cuz they dont do much or we get to it first lol
Or they saw it first and thought it was acceptable? Andrew told me today that my post shouldn't have been an issue and that he'd have left it.


__________________

1992 Civic Hatch - LS Turbo
2002 Acura RSX - Daily Driver
http://www.GrowYourFlow.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 11:44 PM   #21
Bill
Closing Threads
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Bill is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: des moines
Posts: 2,669

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

i understand that and remember i didnt touch it but not all mods think the same can't you guys cut us some slack we are doing our best and not to be a dick but can we get over that the thread is deleted obviously we have done something right if we are still mods


__________________

Nothing is true......Everything is permitted
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 11:48 PM   #22
two four dee
JDM Soldier
 
two four dee's Avatar
 
two four dee is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 145

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSational View Post
Due to upset members of JDMcity expressing their feelings on current issues, I've decided to start a thread where members can express feelings and leave comments on what's bugging them. Now this isn't going to be a bash fest on certain mods or people. This is where you post up concerns on how maybe someone is doing their job.

First off - I'm not going to tell other mods, Garrett, Bill, and Dat, how to do their jobs. That's what Han is here to do. I'm here simply to carry out what Han asked us to do - keep the site clean of clutter and useless posts or personal attacks. For the most part, that's what I see.

Now, I have seen threads where even mods make useless posts, bashing on other members which is a huge no-no. I myself have done this, but I try not to. However, some people leave the door wide open that it's just too much not to. So from here on out, I will try and dissuade myself from doing so.

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to tell a fellow mod how to do his job. However, I will tell all of you guys how I do mine.

1. When something is sold, I close the thread. I don't delete it so people can see that yes, it has been sold, kind of as a reference thing. I also close it so people don't go in there and say stupid shit like, "Oh damnz dawgs. I was bout to buy dis shitt tooo yo."

2. If your post is unneeded, I will delete it. For instance, Dinko was selling a buffer on here and some dbag went in and said, "Oh you can get this cheaper on eBay." Really? Nice. Good for you. But I checked eBay and it wasn't listed anywhere on there AND completely idiotic. I don't sit at car dealerships all day and tell people they can get cheaper cars through private sellers, do I?

3. Now, if something is off topic, but somewhat has relevance and use, I will move it to an appropriate thread. People get off topic? It goes in the B.S. Thread. A YouTube video gets posted in the vid section by itself? I move it to the YouTube Video thread. Does that make sense?
Now Judd and JustBrowsing - I understand your frustration, however I think that the mod who deleted your posts was just doing his job. The OP did specify in his original post not to clutter up the thread. Now while I don't think that they were in the right thread, I simply would've moved them to another thread ... probably BS.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to post.


There is no way my posts are ever irrelevant. I hold all my posts to the highest standards, and always make sure they are completely on topic. As we all know jdmcity is serious business.



hurr durr my super serious post got deleted. hurr durrr



__________________



Formally known as I drive a dc2

Chuki > Zenki
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 11:52 PM   #23
kyle d
your a hooker
 
kyle d's Avatar
 
kyle d is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: altoona
Posts: 1,033

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
i understand that and remember i didnt touch it but not all mods think the same can't you guys cut us some slack we are doing our best and not to be a dick but can we get over that the thread is deleted obviously we have done something right if we are still mods
true dat bill we are friends here now

  Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2009, 12:04 AM   #24
LowNsloEJ6
1SickUA7
 
LowNsloEJ6's Avatar
 
LowNsloEJ6 is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,929

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

have never had any problems with mods here. but i know for a fact its not an easy job. and some people are good at it and some people abuse their power. i see it alot more on other sites im on. we had some one go on a deleting frenzy.


__________________

08 TL-S
97 EJ6 D16Z6
98 EJ6 4Dr D16Y7 project 300,000
  Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2009, 12:06 AM   #25
TwokSiR
JDM Knight
 
TwokSiR's Avatar
 
TwokSiR is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 874

 
Default Re: Moderator Issues

I think it's bullshit that the stolen parts thread was deleted period. The people we were refering to were arrested for jacking parts from people on this board. So I would like to know why it was deleted. That wasabout enough to keep me off JDMCity. I have talked to a lot of the members on here, most ofthem some of them were original members, people that made this site what it is by word of mouth. There sick of the way it's being moderated. This will probabily get me banned but I think the mods need a serious reality check, and maybe replaced. I'm not talking about Dat or San for the record. There the only fair ones from what I see

Like Judd said bullshit power hungry mods brought .com down. I don't want to see that happen here.

P.S. I was a mod early on in the .com days but had to hand it over to Luder when I got sick. I so I know being a mod isn't that easy. But it's not like were looking for a cure for cancer on here. It's a fuckin car forum.

Last edited by TwokSiR; 09/24/2009 at 12:12 AM.

__________________

Looking for hydro B16 trans parts. Let me know if you have a parts transmission.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.