Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda Accord

Old 10/28/2010, 04:37 PM   #26
93CB7Tuner
JDM Knight

Default Re: 90 Accord Header/Front Exhaust Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Collapse View Post
Do you think that it would make a difference if I made sure to get one with the OEM style flex pipe in the down piping?I haven't messed with those types of pipes before, but I figure it would have enough give that the vibrations would have minimal effects on it.

Is there an off-brand that you all use or see most out there? I know that most of them are pretty much the same thing, but if there is one that is known to be better than others... I almost thought about getting the Megan Racing header because I know that is a decent brand for only a little more money.
I was just about to mention Megan Racing until I saw you wrote that. Megan is still a knock off brand but over the years have been getting better then just a replica company.

It's the one I would've gotten.

Flex pipes are all the same should last for quite awhile, but then again Honda's are known to have the flex pipe break, I know mine did.

Old 10/29/2010, 03:34 AM   #27
Human Collapse
JDM Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CB7Tuner View Post
I was just about to mention Megan Racing until I saw you wrote that. Megan is still a knock off brand but over the years have been getting better then just a replica company.

It's the one I would've gotten.

Flex pipes are all the same should last for quite awhile, but then again Honda's are known to have the flex pipe break, I know mine did.
Honestly, my flex pipe is the only reason I'm looking to get a replacement. It's getting terrible mileage (it has gotten 45 mpg a couple of times on, all highway obviously) but now it only gets about 200 miles per tank. I'm sure that that is the primary reason. If I could just replace the flex pipe, I would. If I were going to build a Honda, it probably wouldn't be a CB7 because they're pretty heavy.

Megan is one of the better, but by far not THE best, out there in the Scion community. For that I'll either get the Weapon-R or simply boost it up. That issue is that the kits I want are between $4-6k and I don't have a ton of money. On top of that, I have a warranty on a decently new car that I don't want to blow up, haha!

2009 Scion tC RS 5.0 / 1990 Honda Accord EX
Old 10/29/2010, 03:50 AM   #28
93CB7Tuner
JDM Knight

I chose the CB chasis because it's different. I'm not really a bandwagon kind of guy so I chose the Accord, Which I love.

it has potential, but heavy, yes. If you put an H22 in it it'll get up and going.

getting that header is a lot cheaper then going to Wrenches just to replace the flex pipe with everything all said and done is about 70 bucks. This is where you weigh your options.

Old 10/29/2010, 04:27 AM   #29
Human Collapse
JDM Lover

I agree that it's good to be different. That's close to the whole idea of Scion. I chose things, including cars, based on what I like. Others can go fuck themselves, haha!

I think if I was going to build a Honda, I'd put a boosted H22 in a CRX or Hatch. I really want to go boosted and RWD though if I'm going to build something.

Old 10/29/2010, 09:11 AM   #30
93CB7Tuner
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Collapse View Post
I agree that it's good to be different. That's close to the whole idea of Scion. I chose things, including cars, based on what I like. Others can go fuck themselves, haha!

I think if I was going to build a Honda, I'd put a boosted H22 in a CRX or Hatch. I really want to go boosted and RWD though if I'm going to build something.
Yup. Never had a chance to drive a boosted car, but driven some RWD cars. S2000, MR2, RX8 I like the front responsiveness of RWD cars.

I got somewhat sideways in the MR2 on a launch I can't imagine a boosted one. Be fun to drift every corner

Old 10/29/2010, 01:28 PM   #31
Human Collapse
JDM Lover

I'm kinda leaning toward a MkIII Supra for a build. My buddy has one with a 2JZ-GTE with a single bigger turbo. He's got some work in it, but just dyno'd it at 402 whp on a factory fuel system. I guess it weighs like 3600lbs with the whole back interior stripped. I was like HOLY SHIT! I really like MR2s too.