JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Other Manufacturer Forum

Reply
 
Old 01/26/2012, 11:26 PM   #1
asianboy3t
JDM Soldier
 
asianboy3t's Avatar
 
asianboy3t is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 126

 
Default What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

I just picked up a 2000 audi a6 bi turbo quattro with a 6speed manual trans. looking to mod it a little bit dont even know where to start?

  Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 02:07 PM   #2
jameson250s
JDM Fan
 
jameson250s is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 21

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

projektgerman.com

chip it. im a GIAC dealer in waterloo.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 03:42 PM   #3
asianboy3t
JDM Soldier
 
asianboy3t's Avatar
 
asianboy3t is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 126

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

How much does that normally run? How much more power and performance would that give me?

  Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2012, 02:18 PM   #4
jameson250s
JDM Fan
 
jameson250s is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 21

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Like 450 I think and power increase is like 50hp an 75 tq iirc

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2012, 07:16 PM   #5
00AudiS4
JDM Fan
 
00AudiS4 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: iowa city, ia
Posts: 30

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

just chip it and leave it, the save money for turbo's cause yours will not last long once chipped...

  Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2012, 12:05 AM   #6
jameson250s
JDM Fan
 
jameson250s is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 21

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00AudiS4 View Post
just chip it and leave it, the save money for turbo's cause yours will not last long once chipped...
not entirely true.
last just as long as normal aslong as u let them heat up and cool down properly.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 09:26 PM   #7
ctiggs88
Newbie
 
ctiggs88's Avatar
 
ctiggs88 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: woodward ia
Posts: 11

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

does this place chip older audis also? i just picked up a 1990 v8 quattro with the 3.6 and im wanting to make more power.


__________________

Projekt German
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2012, 06:19 AM   #8
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

I figured I would let you Audi guys know also about a great guy name Alek (from Projekt German) how works on a wide range of Euro vehicles. If you go to my services page on my site his info is there.....Eur Mechaniker, you won't be disappointed.


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2012, 09:46 AM   #9
the_auto_tech
Newbie
 
the_auto_tech is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
I figured I would let you Audi guys know also about a great guy name Alek (from Projekt German) how works on a wide range of Euro vehicles. If you go to my services page on my site his info is there.....Eur Mechaniker, you won't be disappointed.
Alek is a dickface. :D

I hope reads this. :P

But seriously, great guy.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2012, 09:50 AM   #10
the_auto_tech
Newbie
 
the_auto_tech is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Before you get all crazy trying to mod that thing, I'm more than sure there's stuff it needs. Make sure you check the timing belt, cam seals, and control arms first. Those are going to be your biggest issues. As far as a chip goes there's tons to choose from. Some are more aggressive than others. Make sure you let that thing warm up and cool down to expand the life of those turbos as James said.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2012, 02:53 PM   #11
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_auto_tech View Post
Before you get all crazy trying to mod that thing, I'm more than sure there's stuff it needs. Make sure you check the timing belt, cam seals, and control arms first. Those are going to be your biggest issues. As far as a chip goes there's tons to choose from. Some are more aggressive than others. Make sure you let that thing warm up and cool down to expand the life of those turbos as James said.
Well said....that generally goes for just about every vehicle you buy that is not dealership new. People expect to push the limits on engines that have not been kept up with. This in turn is where people start to hate on brands and always have something negative to say about them.

As far as Alek being a dickface, I've not been show to talk to him long enough to make that association yet....LOL. He did leave a very good impression on us all as being a very genuine stand up guy, which is why I will be sending people his way. We NEED more of you Projekt German guys to come to our meets......coming from Florida, I really miss not seeing diversity in our shows.


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 11:47 AM   #12
the_auto_tech
Newbie
 
the_auto_tech is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Well said....that generally goes for just about every vehicle you buy that is not dealership new. People expect to push the limits on engines that have not been kept up with. This in turn is where people start to hate on brands and always have something negative to say about them.

As far as Alek being a dickface, I've not been show to talk to him long enough to make that association yet....LOL. He did leave a very good impression on us all as being a very genuine stand up guy, which is why I will be sending people his way. We NEED more of you Projekt German guys to come to our meets......coming from Florida, I really miss not seeing diversity in our shows.
I was joking about Alek. lol Him and I are good friends. He's a great guy for sure. He takes care of all the independent stuff whereas I do the dealer warranty stuff (Lithia).

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 11:50 AM   #13
jameson250s
JDM Fan
 
jameson250s is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 21

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiggs88 View Post
does this place chip older audis also? i just picked up a 1990 v8 quattro with the 3.6 and im wanting to make more power.
not much if anything offered for these.
these are just great cruising cars tho.
boss used to have one. i loved it. was a TANK in the winter.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 07:14 PM   #14
PKG President
Newbie
 
PKG President is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WDM, IA
Posts: 6

 
Default Re: What to do with my new Audi A6 Bi Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiggs88 View Post
does this place chip older audis also? i just picked up a 1990 v8 quattro with the 3.6 and im wanting to make more power.
definetly get in touch with alek, he knows his way around the V8Q, and thats because he is also the owner of an immaculate example of the type.

i love that car. and yes there is a chip available for the 3.6, but it is hard to find.




and as mentioned above, chipped doesn't mean your turbos will give out. i've had my passat chipped since 65,000 miles and i'm past 175k now on the stock turbo, and its given me zero issues.

Last edited by PKG President; 03/19/2012 at 07:16 PM.

__________________


VZ Monaro CV8 | B5 Passat 1.8T | B1 Dasher Diesel | E24 633csi | P38 Range Rover

Iowa's Premier European Car Club -->www.projektgerman.com
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.