JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda CRX/Civic/Del Sol

Old 04/19/2010, 04:52 PM   #1
1_Slo_5.0
DROP TOP

Default gsr bogging at vtec??

ok so i have a 99 civic si with a gsr swap an up until the other day everything was working fine. My dizzy went out so i replaced it. Now when my car gets to 4500rpm it bogs out an wont go any higher. if i unplug the vtec solenoid it will go higher in rpms but wheni plug it back in it bogs out again. I replaced my plugs fuel filter an wires.

Can anyone help???

oil level is fine im running a obd1 p72 ecu vtec engages still but there is no acceleration

i bought a re-manufactured dizzy from advanced auto but had problems with the tach not working so i ended up replacing the coil inside my old dizzy an returning the re-manufactured one. this bogging started while the new dizzy was installed it was running fine then all of a sudden i got on my car an it hit vtec but fell on its face as soon as it hit an wouldnt increase in rpm's. so i took the new dizzy out an put my old one back in with the new coil and it still bogs out. i replaced my ecu last night an it did the dame thing still cuts out.

i checked my timing an its dead on so im clueless as to what might be wrong with it??

86 Mercury Capri 5.0

99 Dodge Ram

dodge the father ram the daughter
Old 04/20/2010, 02:23 PM   #2
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Default Re: gsr bogging at vtec??

Any CEL's? Did you recently get gas? Sounds like a possible issue with an ICM or coil. Have you tried a known good distributor from a friend's b-vtec engine? What had happened when your distributor went out originally?

Mike

Old 04/20/2010, 06:01 PM   #3
JRSC_EK
JDM Knight

No CEL, didnt recently get gas, the coil went out on the old dizzy. The problem never went away with a new dizzy.

DC integra B18cR

Cars arent built for garage ornaments.
Old 04/20/2010, 06:20 PM   #4
ososlohatch
JDM King

are you runnig the factory butterflys in the intake manifold or are they removed ?? do you have vacuum hooked up to to them ?? possible vac leak?? correct if im wrong but 4500 is before vtec so its actually bogging before vtec?? also when did it start doing it ?? also try cleaning your vtec solinoid and check your oil pressure

???????{-}-{},{}_{},{}-{-}??????? {}s0sl{}
Old 04/25/2010, 03:38 PM   #5
1_Slo_5.0
DROP TOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
are you runnig the factory butterflys in the intake manifold or are they removed ?? do you have vacuum hooked up to to them ?? possible vac leak?? correct if im wrong but 4500 is before vtec so its actually bogging before vtec?? also when did it start doing it ?? also try cleaning your vtec solinoid and check your oil pressure
yes it still has the factory butterflys.
yes vacuum is hooked up to them.
im checking for vac leaks today.
vtec kicks in at 4500 then again at 5500
it started one day outta the blue.
i cleaned the vtec solenoid an have good oil pressure.

86 Mercury Capri 5.0

99 Dodge Ram

dodge the father ram the daughter