JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 07/17/2013, 10:55 PM   #1
turbocoupe

Default Ramhorn header question.

I have a 95 civic you've with a gsr swap with bottom end built stroked with 65 trim turbonetics turbo deltagate mark 2 waste gate on a cast manifold, I just ordered a turbonetics evolution bov same mm as the deltagate, just got it cause thus deltagate will not fit on the ramhorn ,I haven when I put the new waste gate on, it's tuned on neptune will I have to re tune it?

Old 07/18/2013, 11:46 AM   #2
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Ramhorn header question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoupe View Post
I have a 95 civic you've with a gsr swap with bottom end built stroked with 65 trim turbonetics turbo deltagate mark 2 waste gate on a cast manifold, I just ordered a turbonetics evolution bov same mm as the deltagate, just got it cause thus deltagate will not fit on the ramhorn ,I haven when I put the new waste gate on, it's tuned on neptune will I have to re tune it?
Holly balls why such a big turbo??? Aren't you only making like 400whp?

Also are you switching out manifolds or just switching out wastegates? If you just put a new wastegate on it won't effect your tune, but if you do a new manifold if there is enough of a change you might want to freshen up the tune.

Old 07/18/2013, 08:23 PM   #3
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Holly balls why such a big turbo??? Aren't you only making like 400whp?

Also are you switching out manifolds or just switching out wastegates? If you just put a new wastegate on it won't effect your tune, but if you do a new manifold if there is enough of a change you might want to freshen up the tune.
Actually, a new wastegate can affect your tune. Depending on the creep, valve response, spring pressure being the same can still open and flow differently than another wastegate. Not drastic, but definitely enough that it could affect a tune.

Old 07/24/2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Charlie Moua
JDM King

yes you should have your tuned reviewed.

I have customers who make little modifications after tunes and I alway tell them to bring the car back in to double check the tune. If you go back to the same tuner, often times the cost if very little ($50-80).

I tell FI hondas to always schedule time with their tuner once a year to make sure things are still okay. Injectors, fuel pump, wiring/sensors, turbo, ect... all do change with heat/abuse/racing usage and even fuel type.

In all honestly it's just about pice of mind per car owner.
From experiance talking with longtime tuners, OG car guys, track racers of all sort... a good rule of thumb is:
- expect to spend 15-30% of your total cost of build (mods, suspension, tires, turbo, paint, ect but not purchase of car). If you race your at events more than 2times a month it's closer to 30%. This is everything from tuning, aligments, wear tear item, upgrades, ect.

But if your the type of person who just parks it in the garage, takes it out once a while it should still cost at min annually 5% of your build to maintain peak performance of your car.

I see kids spend $10K on engine builds and don't want to pay $300-400 on tuning
or kids who spend $5k in suspension but don't want to pay $350 for full suspension tuning (corner balancing ect). Just never made any sense to me.

I guess it's all about asking yourself, how much are you willing to pay for piece of mind?

Cheers - Charlie

CNC Werx
team4piston
Jordan Tuned
Rocket Motorsports
Modern Automotive Performance
Old 07/24/2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Bmwz389
JDM Soldier

Always retune, airflow/fuel compensation can vary a lot more between parts than one would think.

I want your DA parts! LS/V high compression build in progress.