JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Forced Induction & Nitrous

Old 02/27/2012, 07:00 PM   #1
OrangeJuice
JDM Knight

Default all motor nitrous

My car is almost ready to be tuned not for sure what plugs to run . I have read Where your suppose to run colder plugs n change them after so much use..Last time i sprayed i was running ngks n plugs looked fine after about 5 times of use dont plan on using nitrous Unless at the track any help would be great

J D M Just Doin Me

1992 Civic Hatch
1997 Integra Garage Whore

Old 02/27/2012, 09:47 PM   #2
ososlohatch
JDM King

Default Re: all motor nitrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
My car is almost ready to be tuned not for sure what plugs to run . I have read Where your suppose to run colder plugs n change them after so much use..Last time i sprayed i was running ngks n plugs looked fine after about 5 times of use dont plan on using nitrous Unless at the track any help would be great
how much compression ?? how big of a shot ... 1 step colders are ngk part # BKR6e-11 and 2 step colders are BKR7e-11 gap them down to .032 you may have to go tighter gap than that depending on the shot. you will feel it cutting out up top if they are not gapped tight enough ... it blows out your spark.. the tighter you gap it the more boost/ nitrous you can run.

???????{-}-{},{}_{},{}-{-}??????? {}s0sl{}
Old 02/28/2012, 08:06 AM   #3
crxh22honda
JDM King

Bottle baby's.

Old 02/28/2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Don't lose sleep over it if you're just doing a small shot like 55 or so. I've ran OEM plugs on a 100 shot with no issues before. I've also ran through countless number of 10lb bottles on a 75 shot running OEM plugs and never had a problem with it.

Only thing I've ever had go wrong is doing a dry 75 shot without a tune, caused me to blow a head gasket. I was also spraying at low RPM which I would recommend not doing...ever.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 02/28/2012, 10:27 AM   #5
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
Bottle baby's.
slow poke :)

Old 02/28/2012, 10:38 AM   #6
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
Don't lose sleep over it if you're just doing a small shot like 55 or so. I've ran OEM plugs on a 100 shot with no issues before. I've also ran through countless number of 10lb bottles on a 75 shot running OEM plugs and never had a problem with it.

Only thing I've ever had go wrong is doing a dry 75 shot without a tune, caused me to blow a head gasket. I was also spraying at low RPM which I would recommend not doing...ever.
LOL you def were not running a 100 shot on un gapped oem plugs... you might have been hitting the button, but you were not getting 100 whp... you were blowing out your spark more than likely.(unless you just gapped down the oem plugs ..lol).. I ran a 125 shot on my buddies b20 with crower 403s bkr7e11 pump gas...

just dropping in oem replacement plugs especially if you dont gap them is pretty doh doh,, you should always run 1-2 step colder plugs that are gapped properly.. Nitrous takes alot of work to have setup 100%.

that's like say'n you sprayed without heating up the bottle... well im sure it felt faster.. but that's not how the cookie crumbles...

if 27583475-134751348-7474357 people online say you need colder plugs to spray, id just buy them to be safe.. they are like 8 bucks for ngkbkr7e-11

its funy how people can justify 2k for a set of rims and tires.. but when you tell people to run colder plugs on a nitrous setup.. thats cost 8 dollars,then we have people coming in saying they are not needed ( even though he blew his motor)

I've never blown a motor on nitrous and don't plan to do it... nitrous doesn't blow motors... people not knowing what they are doing blows motors.

Old 02/28/2012, 11:00 AM   #7
crxh22honda
JDM King

Nitrous should be banded like steroids in baseball.

Old 02/28/2012, 11:51 AM   #8
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Nitrous should be banded like steroids in baseball.
Pretty sure rays h22 lude that ran low 11's is on the bottle :) whats your best et in the 2 seater crx ?? jus givin ya shit

Old 02/28/2012, 11:59 AM   #9
ososlohatch
JDM King

If you want to go faster, don't have alot of money, don't live with your parents, don't have your parents pave your way in life. etc, than a nitrous kit for 300 is better than any bolt on n/a part PERIOD !!! bisimoto erigoto i dont care... no 300 dollar part out there will give you 50-75 whp at the push of a button. if you can drop 6k into a motor to make 250hp n/a .. cool beans i'd still spray on top of it.. haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9liQ3gmSyc tell me that doesnt look fun and you'd be a liar

Old 02/28/2012, 12:07 PM   #10
crxh22honda
JDM King

Oooo it just got serious lol I'm jk to I've been thinking about running it just at the track. But I'm still afraid of it cause I don't know enough about or feel like taking the time to learn it lol.

Old 02/28/2012, 12:20 PM   #11
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Oooo it just got serious lol I'm jk to I've been thinking about running it just at the track. But I'm still afraid of it cause I don't know enough about or feel like taking the time to learn it lol.
its really not that bad.. you just ahve to think logically about what it does and how your using.. it takes 4-5 thing to get your kit going good ... you dont do 1 step ( like heat the bottle) you will only get about half of what your tryn to run. most people with good ems's run a dry shot and have the tuner tune it threw the injectors. s300/aem etc. can do this and have multiple maps . along with others

Old 02/29/2012, 01:44 AM   #12
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

I've been running a bottle in my cars for close to 6 years now. I don't get this blowing out spark issue everyone seams to complain about. Not once have I ever had such a problem, I don't even take the time to bother with gaping my plugs half the time. Plus I didn't blow a motor on nitrous, I blew a head gasket and that was running a dry 75 shot.

Dudes looking for a little fun out of spraying, slap a wet kit in there, use the right jets, dial back your timing a few degrees and go to town on it.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 02/29/2012, 09:25 AM   #13
Jordan@Ziebart

the safest and most reliable way is to run a one step colder heat range than stock like a tr6 $2 plug btw. and keep it gapped at .0030-.0035. and pull about 2* for every 50 shot. this is common nitrous knowlege. in your case an extra $8 and 20 minutes worth of work is very cheap insurance. gm guys get away with stock plugs and full gapp from time to time time too but its not the safest, most reliable and most efficient way of doing it. not taking these cheap and easy steps could result in bhg, detonation or if your just plain lucky blowing out spark would be the worst of it.

Old 02/29/2012, 11:54 AM   #14
crxh22honda
JDM King

What if its high compression lets say like 12.1 to 1 lol an since we have crap fuel now down 91. Would have to run race gas or e85

Old 02/29/2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Jordan@Ziebart

i would say it a 50 shot would still be safe under those conditions, maybe more.

Old 02/29/2012, 12:46 PM   #16
OrangeJuice
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan@Ziebart View Post
i would say it a 50 shot would still be safe under those conditions, maybe more.
pmed

J D M Just Doin Me

1992 Civic Hatch
1997 Integra Garage Whore

Old 02/29/2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Jordan@Ziebart

replied sir

Old 03/01/2012, 12:49 AM   #18
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Technick View Post
I've been running a bottle in my cars for close to 6 years now. I don't get this blowing out spark issue everyone seams to complain about. Not once have I ever had such a problem, I don't even take the time to bother with gaping my plugs half the time. Plus I didn't blow a motor on nitrous, I blew a head gasket and that was running a dry 75 shot.

Dudes looking for a little fun out of spraying, slap a wet kit in there, use the right jets, dial back your timing a few degrees and go to town on it.
what was your bottle pressure at ?? blowing out spark can be described as a fast cutting out sound up top between 5,500-till rev limiter.. If you were running out of the box plugs ( which are usually gapped between .042 and .045) and you were running a 100 wet shot with a decent pump, you'll def be blowing your spark out.

im not say'n your car didn't run good, you just weren't getting 100hp- out of your 100 shot pry.

Old 03/01/2012, 01:40 PM   #19
TwokSiR
JDM Knight

I've heard from a couple tuners that you should run stock plugs when tuning, and after the car is tuned, go to the desired 1 or 2 degree colder plug after tuned.

Old 03/01/2012, 02:13 PM   #20
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwokSiR View Post
I've heard from a couple tuners that you should run stock plugs when tuning, and after the car is tuned, go to the desired 1 or 2 degree colder plug after tuned.

How would this help? If you tuned it for the stock plugs then switched? Why wouldn't you just start off with the right plugs then tune?

Just asking question I really have no clue trying to get info.

Old 03/01/2012, 03:05 PM   #21
ososlohatch
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwokSiR View Post
this could all be true depending on the setup. Still have to close the gap on your plugs when your running a decent sized shot.. i was pm'd and told he had around 11:1 c/r and wanted to run a 100 shot.. if some one thinks he should run un gapped stock heat range plugs thats his gamble..

however I'm picky so I have n/a plugs and I have nitrous plugs(n/a cars do run a little better with a little more gap and stock heat range. around .040 .. its like 8 bucks for four them ... lol go buy 12 I'd get a stock heat range, 1 steps and 2 steps .

Old 03/01/2012, 11:05 PM   #22
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ososlohatch View Post
this could all be true depending on the setup. Still have to close the gap on your plugs when your running a decent sized shot.. i was pm'd and told he had around 11:1 c/r and wanted to run a 100 shot.. if some one thinks he should run un gapped stock heat range plugs thats his gamble..

however I'm picky so I have n/a plugs and I have nitrous plugs(n/a cars do run a little better with a little more gap and stock heat range. around .040 .. its like 8 bucks for four them ... lol go buy 12 I'd get a stock heat range, 1 steps and 2 steps .
Spark plugs are cheap, and do matter. Fresh ones will tell you a lot after a dyno pull.

Old 03/01/2012, 11:12 PM   #23
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

First picture, look at the ground strap. The gradation of color is your timing mark. You ideally would like it at the bend. Comparing all 4 plugs, mine is pretty close to ideal. Being on E85, I could try another degree or two, but stock sleeves, not going to push it. If you look at the #4 picture, you see the wash around the threads, that is your heat range determination. Normally would like that a thread or two down on the plug to tell you that you are in the proper heat range for your application. I also need to index these plugs for next time. As you can see by the wash, the flame front is crossing at different places. Ideally, they would all match, but you can spend quite a bit of time doing that.

Old 03/02/2012, 06:58 AM   #24
crxh22honda
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
First picture, look at the ground strap. The gradation of color is your timing mark. You ideally would like it at the bend. Comparing all 4 plugs, mine is pretty close to ideal. Being on E85, I could try another degree or two, but stock sleeves, not going to push it. If you look at the #4 picture, you see the wash around the threads, that is your heat range determination. Normally would like that a thread or two down on the plug to tell you that you are in the proper heat range for your application. I also need to index these plugs for next time. As you can see by the wash, the flame front is crossing at different places. Ideally, they would all match, but you can spend quite a bit of time doing that.
Damn I'm kinda lost...I'm not seeing the flame cross

Old 03/02/2012, 09:48 AM   #25
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Quote:
Damn I'm kinda lost...I'm not seeing the flame cross
Look at the plug in the third picture. See where just above the threads it has that black area, then the curve of lighter grey area that goes off to each side. That is how the flame traveled across the plug. In the fourth picture, you see it basically from the other side, and you can see the grey carries down onto the first turn of thread.