JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Mitsubishi Forum

Reply
 
Old 10/19/2011, 08:47 PM   #101
MissMitsubitchi
JDM Soldier
 
MissMitsubitchi's Avatar
 
MissMitsubitchi is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Broadview Hts, OH
Posts: 179

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

i like number 3


__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 08:49 PM   #102
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
I know, too bad.....lol. ya never told me I had to do decals for that.
i sent you a pm about 2 weeks ago.. im sure it gets lost in the mess of only geting to have 50 messages and tons of ppl wanting decals.. but yes i would like a pretty decent sized fig newton sticker and a brow one of about 3 inch letters saying "this sticker is dangerous and inconvient but i do love fig newtons.. tribute to my favorite movie of all time..


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 08:54 PM   #103
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

jackstand pimps, and jackstand pimpette lol


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:00 PM   #104
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMitsubitchi View Post
wats wrong with stock ones?!
I think he's implying you're slow lol


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:04 PM   #105
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
jackstand pimps, and jackstand pimpette lol
Oddly enough, I like this because its true lol


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:43 PM   #106
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
Hated (lol)
club crankwalk (lolz)
jackstand pimps
Hated would be cool since you can make the A into a diamond star.
Club crankwalk would leave out the first gen guys...lol.
jack stand pimps wouldn't work since mine is on all four tires....just not completely together yet...ha ha

How bout club FAWKED....lol. Fast All Wheel Killers Every Day......lol probably would not work for us front wheel only FAWKERS......lol


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:50 PM   #107
dsmer06
JDM Soldier
 
dsmer06's Avatar
 
dsmer06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Johnston, Iowa
Posts: 420

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
Dsta has one the first weekend in april called april spools day. We meet in ames super walmart and then drive down to des moines to bdubs or meet up with other people down there. So far its mainly been the subie guys due act that anytime we try getting more dsmers, they flake out. So far its been very fun, and we need more dsmers to show up.
I've gone the last 2 years, pretty sad showing, but still a good time. I also don't mind the Subaru guys, other than the fact that they think I'm one of them.

Last edited by dsmer06; 10/19/2011 at 09:53 PM.

__________________

1992 Galant VR4
2005 92x Aero
2000 2.5 Rs
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 10:41 PM   #108
arsalan500
JDM Soldier
 
arsalan500's Avatar
 
arsalan500 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ames Iowa
Posts: 229

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Hated would be cool since you can make the A into a diamond star.
Club crankwalk would leave out the first gen guys...lol.
jack stand pimps wouldn't work since mine is on all four tires....just not completely together yet...ha ha

How bout club FAWKED....lol. Fast All Wheel Killers Every Day......lol probably would not work for us front wheel only FAWKERS......lol



Not to be a Dick but, just wanted to see if im right
not all 1g's cant get crankwalk...
doesnt the 7 bolt also come from 92-94?

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 10:43 PM   #109
99eclipse
JDM King
 
99eclipse's Avatar
 
99eclipse is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Moravia Iowa
Posts: 1,129

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

defintly game for a meet, midwest exclsive is tryin to get a photoshoot together for this weekend, would love to see some other dsms there.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 10:58 PM   #110
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsalan500 View Post
Not to be a Dick but, just wanted to see if im right
not all 1g's cant get crankwalk...
doesnt the 7 bolt also come from 92-94?
naaa, not being a dick buddy.....If memory serves me right 90-92 is 6 bolt, 93-94 is a 7 bolt and it wasn't until 95+ that they started talking about the whole crank walk deal......which people do make out to be such a great deal.......but it isn't. Then again I've been so out of the dsm game I might be a little rusty on info.

I'm sure someone can correct it if its wrong...........lol


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 11:08 PM   #111
dalawoi
toaster box
 
dalawoi's Avatar
 
dalawoi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kelley IA
Posts: 1,811

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99eclipse View Post
defintly game for a meet, midwest exclsive is tryin to get a photoshoot together for this weekend, would love to see some other dsms there.
come do the shoot at my house and my car can be there!


__________________

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 11:23 PM   #112
97rsburl
Newbie
 
97rsburl is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

april spools is perfect timingill have my turbo on my car and tuned by then and if i didnt work weekends id go to the photoshoot

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 01:26 AM   #113
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier
 
lovefordsms's Avatar
 
lovefordsms is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottumwa
Posts: 451

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

90-94 have 6 bolt motors but you could order 93-94 with a 7 bolt but in 97 is when they changed the crank shaft which caused crank walk issues. When i lived in ill my dad work at the plant making lasers talons and eclipse he installed the crank lol. All cranks have L to R movement, to some extent, but an excessive lateral crank movement has bad reprocussions, such as hitting/grinding/destroying the crank sensor. A "walking" crank necessitates an engine rebuild. Any car can crankwalk, but Mitsubishi Eclipses, Plymouth Lasers, and Eagle Talons with a 7-bolt motor are notorious for this problem. No recall was ever released as the problem was said to be isolated to a bad batch of cranks, which represented a fraction of the produced cars. Various theories of why crankwalk occurs and what years are most suseptible exist, but none are proven. General consenus is poor oil flow is one cause, and later model years seem to suffer less.Contrary to popular opinion, any car can crankwalk; Manual, auto, import, domestic, turbo, manual, racecar, beater. All have walked, and all have a chance of walking.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 02:45 AM   #114
dsmer06
JDM Soldier
 
dsmer06's Avatar
 
dsmer06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Johnston, Iowa
Posts: 420

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefordsms View Post
90-94 have 6 bolt motors but you could order 93-94 with a 7 bolt but in 97 is when they changed the crank shaft which caused crank walk issues. When i lived in ill my dad work at the plant making lasers talons and eclipse he installed the crank lol. All cranks have L to R movement, to some extent, but an excessive lateral crank movement has bad reprocussions, such as hitting/grinding/destroying the crank sensor. A "walking" crank necessitates an engine rebuild. Any car can crankwalk, but Mitsubishi Eclipses, Plymouth Lasers, and Eagle Talons with a 7-bolt motor are notorious for this problem. No recall was ever released as the problem was said to be isolated to a bad batch of cranks, which represented a fraction of the produced cars. Various theories of why crankwalk occurs and what years are most suseptible exist, but none are proven. General consenus is poor oil flow is one cause, and later model years seem to suffer less.Contrary to popular opinion, any car can crankwalk; Manual, auto, import, domestic, turbo, manual, racecar, beater. All have walked, and all have a chance of walking.
90-92.5 dsms had the 6 bolt, then the 92.5-94s had 7 bolts, as well as the 95-99s. The 2g 7 bolts are the ones that are known for crank walk. There have been a variety of reasons named including a change in the oil squinter design, cheap thrust bearings, and a non nitrided crankshaft. I have never seen a crank walked 7 bolt in the 10 years I have been into these cars.


__________________

1992 Galant VR4
2005 92x Aero
2000 2.5 Rs
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 07:55 AM   #115
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

lol.. too cold to get any of my girls out lol..

im not on jackstands either.. but then again one doenst have a motor in it.

"we got no engines do we ted!"
some one musta sold if for a premium.. lol

Ill show for a meet, but it wont be in a dsm.. perhaps a charger if i pick it up this weekend

I like Hated, but i think we are treading in SRT4 territory there..but who cares lol.

p-shoot of stock cars
when and where?

Last edited by pirate; 10/20/2011 at 08:02 AM.

__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 10:28 AM   #116
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
lol.. too cold to get any of my girls out lol..

im not on jackstands either.. but then again one doenst have a motor in it.

"we got no engines do we ted!"
some one musta sold if for a premium.. lol

Ill show for a meet, but it wont be in a dsm.. perhaps a charger if i pick it up this weekend

I like Hated, but i think we are treading in SRT4 territory there..but who cares lol.

p-shoot of stock cars
when and where?
A couple of Nissan SR20s are a pullers premium, especially a week before race wars.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:13 AM   #117
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

what are you feeling lance.. 20 weight, 30 weight?

glad some one got it lol.


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:19 AM   #118
kornfedb20
JDM Knight
 
kornfedb20's Avatar
 
kornfedb20 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: des moines
Posts: 563

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

I'm done for a dsm club found out what happened to my car wasn't a rod bearing my harmonic balancer seperated in two pieces lol

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:29 AM   #119
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfedb20 View Post
I'm done for a dsm club found out what happened to my car wasn't a rod bearing my harmonic balancer seperated in two pieces lol
time for a delete kit


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:31 AM   #120
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
what are you feeling lance.. 20 weight, 30 weight?

glad some one got it lol.
I've seen that movie enough times I could probably recite the entire script but 40 weight sounds nice though.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:36 AM   #121
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

lol.. me too.. and DAM .. thats crazy the balance took a shit.. never seen that failure mode before.


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:49 AM   #122
The Laser
JDM King
 
The Laser's Avatar
 
The Laser is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boone, IA
Posts: 1,327

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
lol.. me too.. and DAM .. thats crazy the balance took a shit.. never seen that failure mode before.
I haven't heard of that either. Luckily mine had the delete kit in it already and never had to experience it. I would say put in a delete kit so you would never really have to worry about it, but that's just me lol.


__________________

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 11:57 AM   #123
lovefordsms
JDM Soldier
 
lovefordsms's Avatar
 
lovefordsms is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottumwa
Posts: 451

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

If you want to see a crank walked 7 bolt come to ottumwa i have one here.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 12:54 PM   #124
dsmer06
JDM Soldier
 
dsmer06's Avatar
 
dsmer06 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Johnston, Iowa
Posts: 420

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
time for a delete kit
You want to delete the harmonic balancer? You know that isn't the same as a balance shaft, right?


__________________

1992 Galant VR4
2005 92x Aero
2000 2.5 Rs
  Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 12:56 PM   #125
pirate
JDM Knight
 
pirate's Avatar
 
pirate is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 736

 
Default Re: DSMr's Unite!

^2.. not sure why you would want to delete that either.. I know for our platform, i steer ppl away from the cheap , unbalanced under drive pulleys.. You can have them custom made to delete things like ac/ps.. While still being balanced, however it still leaves you with your not dampening the engines natural vibrations.. thus the term "harmonic dampner/balancer".. thats why i like stock FTW..


__________________

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.