JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Do It Yourself (DIY)

Old 11/15/2011, 11:16 PM   #1
kevs92hatch
JDM Knight

Default Exhaust...

Have an issue with my exhaust... Rite now the car has no muffler, I had to take the exhaust off when i had the car painted, and it wont fit unless i cut into the lip and bumper!! Which i DO NOT want to do... Anyone have an ideas of how to get around this problem... I thought about just have the exhaust behind the bumper but scared it will heat up to much and ruin the paint on the bumper! I was going to see if there was something to spray the inside of the bumper with to prevent this but still worries me!! Anyone got any ideas?!?!

┌∩┐(0_o)┌∩┐
Old 11/16/2011, 01:59 AM   #2
mike03
JDM King

Default Re: Exhaust...

custom exhaust

DD: 00' Civic Ex

94' Honda Civic Ex - sold
Old 11/16/2011, 06:08 PM   #3
kevs92hatch
JDM Knight

Yeah i gotta go something!!!

┌∩┐(0_o)┌∩┐
Old 11/18/2011, 09:29 PM   #4
deadmoans
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs92hatch View Post
Have an issue with my exhaust... Rite now the car has no muffler, I had to take the exhaust off when i had the car painted, and it wont fit unless i cut into the lip and bumper!! Which i DO NOT want to do... Anyone have an ideas of how to get around this problem... I thought about just have the exhaust behind the bumper but scared it will heat up to much and ruin the paint on the bumper! I was going to see if there was something to spray the inside of the bumper with to prevent this but still worries me!! Anyone got any ideas?!?!

lots of ideas. you can have a good exhaust shop (Iowa Muffler or Terry's Exhaust) install a good quality resonator between the CAT and where the pipe starts it's "S" bend, there's already a stock one there and there might be room for a second one to help keep it quiet. And then they can build a custom "axle" pipe with a "turn down." This way the exhaust will be aimed at the ground and not the bumper. Guys with turbos and 3" exhaust do this.

Now, that I think more about it they could simply cut the end of the "axle pipe" (where the muffler was) and then just bend a little piece of aluminized steel and weld it on. That would be cheap. And then if it's too loud without the muffler they should be able to give you some ideas about using resonators as described above.

If all else fails, they should be able to build a custom "axle pipe" and install a muffler of your choice.

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
Old 11/18/2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
lots of ideas. you can have a good exhaust shop (Iowa Muffler or Terry's Exhaust) install a good quality resonator between the CAT and where the pipe starts it's "S" bend, there's already a stock one there and there might be room for a second one to help keep it quiet. And then they can build a custom "axle" pipe with a "turn down." This way the exhaust will be aimed at the ground and not the bumper. Guys with turbos and 3" exhaust do this.

Now, that I think more about it they could simply cut the end of the "axle pipe" (where the muffler was) and then just bend a little piece of aluminized steel and weld it on. That would be cheap. And then if it's too loud without the muffler they should be able to give you some ideas about using resonators as described above.

If all else fails, they should be able to build a custom "axle pipe" and install a muffler of your choice.
x2

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)