JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Mitsubishi Forum

Reply
 
Old 04/07/2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Got a job for someone

Who wants to switch out my block on my 98 gsx?
I am getting tired of waiting for someone to do it/ or help me with it.
If you are interested let me know how much you charge.


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2011, 02:15 PM   #2
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conez28 View Post
Who wants to switch out my block on my 98 gsx?
I am getting tired of waiting for someone to do it/ or help me with it.
If you are interested let me know how much you charge.
You still haven't got my block in your car? LOL
What all needs done buddy?

I might have just the guy for this job.


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

well actually all i have done is cleared out everything in front of the engine. it is all still just sitting right where it has been since the middle of winter other than that. that block is collecting dust in my room lol. thought I was going to get this done a while back but this dude is taking forever with another project. I want it done right so I have been patient. Cant wait forever though.


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2011, 10:41 PM   #4
mycarslow
JDM Knight
 
mycarslow is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: e dale iowa
Posts: 891

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Pm me what your willing to pay and what all needs to be done.
Im pretty sure you know me.
Im chris i had that ek hatch in waterloo then a dramax now my ss anyways just pm or text me 230 5172


__________________

Built h22 62mm turbo e85
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2011, 10:44 PM   #5
gotclutch87
JDM Knight
 
gotclutch87's Avatar
 
gotclutch87 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: waterloo iowa
Posts: 698

 
Tag Re: Got a job for someone

chris we could prob do this in a weekend lol


__________________



1991 galant vr4 1036/2000 in build mode
1990 Eagle Talon TSI-sold
1991 Integra-sold
1995 civic hatch-sold
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2011, 02:01 AM   #6
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin
 
mattcossel29's Avatar
 
mattcossel29 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Newton, IA
Posts: 1,064

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Call Matt at TMF Motorsports. He is a Mitsubishi certified tech.

http://www.tmfmotorsports.com/


__________________

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

  Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2011, 07:08 AM   #7
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcossel29 View Post
Call Matt at TMF Motorsports. He is a Mitsubishi certified tech.

http://www.tmfmotorsports.com/
And that is who I had in mind!! lol

Thanks Matt for ruining that for me.....ha ha ha jk


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotclutch87 View Post
chris we could prob do this in a weekend lol
Steven i asked you if you wanted to do it.


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2011, 11:55 AM   #9
jdmb18hatch
Retired
 
jdmb18hatch's Avatar
 
jdmb18hatch is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,365

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcossel29 View Post
Call Matt at TMF Motorsports. He is a Mitsubishi certified tech.

http://www.tmfmotorsports.com/
WRD.


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22APWRD94 View Post
a friend of a friend who was banging dudes sister, but dudes sister was really a tranny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Ha ha.....I'll run out butt naked with butter rubbed all over while I yell rape.....LOL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2011, 08:59 PM   #10
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

i agree hit up tmf motorsports dont send it to a place like wrenchs. Matt Has my GST right now and he does excelent work


__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2011, 10:45 AM   #11
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

I have tried calling TMF every day and no one answers. Matt emailed me one time and then stopped replying. Did the place burn down or something?


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2011, 02:55 PM   #12
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conez28 View Post
I have tried calling TMF every day and no one answers. Matt emailed me one time and then stopped replying. Did the place burn down or something?
That guy is sometimes do busy he doesnt have time to shave...lol He has been pretty busy for awhile and is very community oriented. That means he is always doing something whether it be auto x, climbing, haunted house etc etc....you name it, he does it!!

Hard guy to get a hold of but you'll be extremely satisfied with the end work. I always try my best to send him all my Mitsubishi people, 12 years of experience and certification definately shows in his work!!!

I can try getting a hold of him here soon.....best times to get a hold of him seem to be between 11pm-4am. He's a night owl...LOL


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Hes well worth it dude trust me you dont wana send your tree to and shadetree shops and actually i think its 13 years certified? Idk but i can guarentee you NO shop will beat his price and his work is awesome. you dont wana send your car to a shop where its gona sit for 2 mounths without bein touched. Hes probably busy with my car right now is why he hasnt responded lol. Mines almost done though so im sure he will be looking for more work just give it time its worth it.


__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2011, 01:38 PM   #14
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

sounds good. ill be patient. so you you recommend calling the shop around midnight or something? lol


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2011, 04:45 PM   #15
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conez28 View Post
sounds good. ill be patient. so you you recommend calling the shop around midnight or something? lol
You could try doing that....but like Schooley said above, he might still be busy with his car I'm guessing.


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2011, 01:43 AM   #16
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conez28 View Post
sounds good. ill be patient. so you you recommend calling the shop around midnight or something? lol
i think iv talked to him at like 1 or 2 am before lol....me and him have about the same hours. He said he will be picking my head up today o rmonday soo id assume my car will be done around wensday or so


__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2011, 12:50 PM   #17
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschooley92 View Post
i think iv talked to him at like 1 or 2 am before lol....me and him have about the same hours. He said he will be picking my head up today o rmonday soo id assume my car will be done around wensday or so
Hey Schooley, if you get to see him soon please let him know about the meet for May 21st, I just need to know if he wants me to add him to the sponsorship as usual and pay ahead for him.

If you don't mind me asking, what all is he doing to your car??


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2011, 11:09 PM   #18
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by importsusa View Post
Hey Schooley, if you get to see him soon please let him know about the meet for May 21st, I just need to know if he wants me to add him to the sponsorship as usual and pay ahead for him.

If you don't mind me asking, what all is he doing to your car??
Hopefully see him this week to pick my car up. Will do and i took that day off work haha soo ill be there with the GST hopefully....
he did the following:

Instaled 4G63T
Fixed a Dent in my oil pan
new injector seals
new injectors
replaced timeing belt idler and tensioner puleys
replaced water pump
replaced spark plugs
replaced plug wires
retapped all head bolts
put a new CAS on there(Wrenches said they put it in the tubs with the rest of my parts but if they did it must be in some secret compartment or some shit cus it definatly wasnt in there)
Rewired the harness for it
removed cam caps and oil lifters and torqued to spec
painted Valve cover
replaced 3 missing exhuast studs
replaced 9 missing nuts and washers for echuast manifold
repaced ps pump wires
adjusted power steering lines
repared broken coolant temp sensor wire
replaced missing fuel line and coolant hoes clamps
replaced missing shift cable washers and cotter keys
cleaned/painted clutch and transmition
repared intercooler coupler on pass side ic pipe
replaced axle washers and cotter keys on both axles
repaired and fixed wireing harness for fuel/ignition system on top of valve cover
Hes got over 32 hours of work into my car.

And currently hes finishing up on the head and i went ahead and had him put my Seibon CF hood on it while he had my car.

I basicly told him if he find anything wrong fix it and thats what he has did. He is very very thorough. I garuntee if I would had a shadetree shop they would of left most this shit unrepaired and wouldnt of gave a fuck.

Last edited by Mschooley92; 04/24/2011 at 11:13 PM.

__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 08:04 AM   #19
deadmoans
JDM Knight
 
deadmoans's Avatar
 
deadmoans is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 589

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschooley92 View Post
Hopefully see him this week to pick my car up. Will do and i took that day off work haha soo ill be there with the GST hopefully....
he did the following:

Instaled 4G63T
Fixed a Dent in my oil pan
new injector seals
new injectors
replaced timeing belt idler and tensioner puleys
replaced water pump
replaced spark plugs
replaced plug wires
retapped all head bolts
put a new CAS on there(Wrenches said they put it in the tubs with the rest of my parts but if they did it must be in some secret compartment or some shit cus it definatly wasnt in there)
Rewired the harness for it
removed cam caps and oil lifters and torqued to spec
painted Valve cover
replaced 3 missing exhuast studs
replaced 9 missing nuts and washers for echuast manifold
repaced ps pump wires
adjusted power steering lines
repared broken coolant temp sensor wire
replaced missing fuel line and coolant hoes clamps
replaced missing shift cable washers and cotter keys
cleaned/painted clutch and transmition
repared intercooler coupler on pass side ic pipe
replaced axle washers and cotter keys on both axles
repaired and fixed wireing harness for fuel/ignition system on top of valve cover
Hes got over 32 hours of work into my car.

And currently hes finishing up on the head and i went ahead and had him put my Seibon CF hood on it while he had my car.

I basicly told him if he find anything wrong fix it and thats what he has did. He is very very thorough. I garuntee if I would had a shadetree shop they would of left most this shit unrepaired and wouldnt of gave a fuck.
This is the first I'm hearing about a missing crank angle sensor. I don't understand why you wouldn't of talked to me about it instead of posting accusations on here? Maybe you did call and I just don't recall. In any event, bring me a copy of the invoice with the price and I'll pay for it.

I don't understand how it could come up missing because as we took the engine apart we bagged nuts and bolts and there were some missing parts. It's possible the guy you bought the engine from may have left it in his shop (since we did not work on the head) or parts could have gotten lost in transport from my shop. Point is, I now know about the problem and I will take care of it.

Last edited by deadmoans; 04/25/2011 at 08:08 AM.

__________________

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 09:22 AM   #20
deadmoans
JDM Knight
 
deadmoans's Avatar
 
deadmoans is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 589

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschooley92 View Post
i agree hit up tmf motorsports dont send it to a place like wrenchs. Matt Has my GST right now and he does excelent work
Now I'm pissed. My previous post about the missing crank angle sensor was posted before I read this one. Your not remembering stuff the same way I am. We told you to buy a complete engine.

And I don't understand what we did that was so wrong, we got the motor out and was waiting for you to provide the new one. There were missing nuts and bolts when it came in here. We had nothing to do with rebuilding the engine. We simply pulled the motor. In fact, I fielded numerous phone calls from you concerning the guy rebuilding your motor which I had nothing to do with but I called him numerous times riding his ass to get it done.

And as I remember you didn't like our timeline, that happens, there's only three of us here and we get busy, I understand that.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but I can't make everyone happy all the time. But what I can do is tell my side of the story when someone talks shit about us.

So show up here and I will pay you for the crank angle sensor and we can both go on our merry way.


__________________

Cheap, Fast or Reliable, You Can Only Choose Two.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 01:39 PM   #21
Mschooley92
JDM Soldier
 
Mschooley92's Avatar
 
Mschooley92 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DMI
Posts: 258

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoans View Post
Now I'm pissed. My previous post about the missing crank angle sensor was posted before I read this one. Your not remembering stuff the same way I am. We told you to buy a complete engine.

And I don't understand what we did that was so wrong, we got the motor out and was waiting for you to provide the new one. There were missing nuts and bolts when it came in here. We had nothing to do with rebuilding the engine. We simply pulled the motor. In fact, I fielded numerous phone calls from you concerning the guy rebuilding your motor which I had nothing to do with but I called him numerous times riding his ass to get it done.

And as I remember you didn't like our timeline, that happens, there's only three of us here and we get busy, I understand that.

Sorry you feel the way you do, but I can't make everyone happy all the time. But what I can do is tell my side of the story when someone talks shit about us.

So show up here and I will pay you for the crank angle sensor and we can both go on our merry way.
The "man" paid me like he said he would.

Few things talking shit back in your day must mean something when differnt then it does now becuase allls I did was state my opinion.(see what I did there?)

LMAO when I went to the shop to pick up my money he gave me the money as I was walking out he said "that post was fucked up" it made me and my friend laugh I didnt say nothing but as i was gettin into the truck he opend the window of the shop and started cussing me out LMFAO he said "Fuck you matt" and some other words and said "if you a real man you woulda came down to the shop instead of posting" I called and asked about it and who ever answerd the phone said they put everything in the tub so im not gona argue about it.

BTW if YOU were a real man you would said something to me while I was in your shop not stick your head out the window like a pussy nof said.

How profesional....LMAO


__________________

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Sold
1996 Chevy S10 Sold
1990 Toyota Supra Sold
1997 Eclipse GST Sold
1990 Chevy K1500 350 Lifted Sold
1997 Honda Civic Hatch H22 Sold
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 10:36 AM   #22
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

anywho. When your car gets done can you just post it on this thread? Then I will start blowing up his phones.


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 01:27 PM   #23
one_slow_ej
JDM Soldier
 
one_slow_ej's Avatar
 
one_slow_ej is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: E.14th Des Moines!
Posts: 434

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

not trying to steal buisness but if he does not have time i could get it in. no big deal though.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 01:47 PM   #24
importsusa
Vinyl Specialist
 
importsusa's Avatar
 
importsusa is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South DSM,IA
Posts: 2,868

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_slow_ej View Post
not trying to steal buisness but if he does not have time i could get it in. no big deal though.
Naaa, not stealing any business at all......he will have options, which helps.
Hey Conez's, this is the other guy you can take it too in case TMF can't get to it.


__________________

come check us out..............
  Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 02:06 PM   #25
Conez28
JDM Soldier
 
Conez28's Avatar
 
Conez28 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CF, IA
Posts: 117

 
Default Re: Got a job for someone

I really just want it done whom ever says they will do it and actually do it is fine with me. I have been quoted by two guys from around Cedar Falls at $500, if the job requires more I will pay a reasonable price. So long as they actually care about the work they do and not just slop all my shit together. No extra pieces, you know.
All that needs done is the block that I got from rodnie needs to get switched with the busted up one that sits in my car. Only thing I have done is take out intercooler, turbo, cooling fan, and battery just for no reason. I have been told to buy new head studs which I have not done yet but will if I am told I need them. I am hoping the transmission and head are still good but if not I'm sure I can find those. Rodnie gave me all new gaskets for the block, also recommended I replace something on that block but I don't remember what it was, some sort of tensnor? Seems so long since I thought I was going to get this done.


__________________

98 GSX
00 DRZ dual sport
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.