JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Honda CRX/Civic/Del Sol

Old 10/22/2013, 04:49 PM   #1
blendystendy

Default lowering 2005 civic

I'm looking to lower my civic. I still want to use it as a daily driver, so I don't want it to be to low. I also don't want to spend more than a few hundred dollars.. Anyone have suggestions on what I should get?

Old 10/22/2013, 04:56 PM   #2
blendystendy

Default Re: lowering 2005 civic

I forgot to mention it's a 2005 LX

Old 10/22/2013, 05:02 PM   #3
ConHuevos!
MEXICAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendystendy View Post
I'm looking to lower my civic. I still want to use it as a daily driver, so I don't want it to be to low. I also don't want to spend more than a few hundred dollars.. Anyone have suggestions on what I should get?
save up money and get something at least decent. like a good set of shocks and lowering springs. don't cheap out on suspension especially when its your daily driver. remember, you will most likely need springs, shocks, possibly some bushings/bolts depending on tare down, and an alignment when all is said and done. It can be done relatively cheap but this is an area i usually try to spend the most on, its an area that you will literally deal with everyday. I'm sure you've ridden in a car that bounces more than being on horse back like most of us have at some point in our car modding days. hell if you like a shitty ride than just get some cheap ebay coilover sleeves for 50$ and install them yourself to save some coin.

Last edited by ConHuevos!; 10/22/2013 at 05:07 PM.

Desire is like a carousel. Once you have acheived what was desired, you are left back in the same spot you were in before you had the desire.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Old 10/23/2013, 01:11 PM   #4
michaelx43
JDM Soldier

I'll take you for a ride in the Rsx after class. It rides as smooth as the stocks did last time we took it out.

Old 10/23/2013, 02:54 PM   #5
blendystendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelx43 View Post
I'll take you for a ride in the Rsx after class. It rides as smooth as the stocks did last time we took it out.
alright dude