JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Suspension/Chassis/Brakes

Old 03/09/2012, 07:30 AM   #1
crxh22honda
JDM King

Default best suspension on the market?

I've tried looking for some info an there is just to much to go through. I've had my heart set on P.I.C. select coil over set up, For my crx an now its time to start getting serious an finding out which would be the best for me. Yea i kinda fucked up on not doing enough research on some of my purchases. So that's why I'm posting this an getting some opinions.

I've heard of tein, kW, pic, d2, koni an Omnipower. Maybe there is few I'm missing. But this is my first really nice suspension purchase an I'm hoping my last. An I'm wanting the best. Ill need it mainly for drag racing but I also want autox/road racing. I know its two totally different set ups in ways. If i can't have a good medium I wanna lean more on the drag race side. Since it is a h22 an heavy off balance,plus how the power curve should be.

I wanna try an keep it around $1500 but would pay more if its that much better. So please good info would be much appreciated

Last edited by crxh22honda; 03/09/2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03/09/2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Charlie Moua
JDM King

Default Re: best suspension on the market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxh22honda View Post
An I'm wanting the best. Ill need it mainly for drag racing but I also want autox/road racing. I know its two totally different set ups in ways. If i can't have a good medium I wanna lean more on the drag race side. Since it is a h22 an heavy off balance,plus how the power curve should be.

I wanna try an keep it around $1500 but would pay more if its that much better. So please good info would be much appreciated

Q:
think about this and write it down.
What attracts you towards pic?

- customer service
- warnatee
- price
- matieral & design
* I have my own opinion of PIC which i will leave out.

Since you stated you need a suspension which can deliver performance for BOTH type of driving events, you will need to make a descision:

a) full coilover system with set/custom spring rates BUT with adjustable damping

b) sleeve coilover system with interchangeable spring rates NON-adjustable heavy dampering shocks

c) sleeve coilover system with interchangeable spring rates WITH adjustable shocks

each will have it's pros & cons.
It's not hard to see what each are if you understand suspension basics.

HINT = C is the best
Best meaning, a system which is cost effective, allows for testing and fine tuning, allows room for DRIVER GROWTH and change in all different types of driving conditions.

LMK if you need more info and i can provide you tid bits to go off of.
I don't want to give you the answer that I came up with cause you won't learn anything that way.

Cheers - charlie

Old 03/09/2012, 12:18 PM   #3
crxh22honda
JDM King

Hahaha thanks for the help... like I said this isn't my life. After this build I'm done. your wanting me to learn all this for one car. i'm not a fan on spending my life in a garage. thats not the fun part of me. i wanna just drive it, i want to get my driver skills better. thats the fun part for me. instead of spending countless hours of doing research. when some has been there an done that before. so why shouldnt i try an get straight answer. i dont hangout in "car club commuinty" in des moines. really there isnt much. an all of b.s. goes on lets face it. an im not saying theres not amazing cars around here. but the p.o.s. to nice ratio is outrageous. stressfully day just want some answers cheers Im Gonna need beer for this guy

Last edited by crxh22honda; 03/09/2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03/09/2012, 03:04 PM   #4
H22APWRD94
The Tranny Guy

Honestly, drop the Omnipower setup out of the equation. I would consider it drag only as they don't really valve them to match the spring rates. I have the 12k front/18k rear setup for my car, and it will be a kidney rattler on the street. When I get the extra funds for an upgrade in suspension, I will be going to a nice Strange setup for the car. Great adjustability and I can pretty much customize my spring rates to what the car reacts to the best at the track. My buddy Bill got it done with his drag car at the track with a Illumina/GC setup. And it was a great daily driving suspension. I personally would not mind having two separate rear coilover combos. For as easy as they are to change out, just get your setup that you need for the strip, and a street/circuit setup for everyday use. Just the aggressive rears that most "drag" suspensions offer, make street driving a chore.

Old 03/09/2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Charlie Moua
JDM King

i understand the words your saying & the mentality you have.

you don't want the easy road of learning.
You want the instant/downloadable pathto learning.

those that want t learn...
Their road is pretty easy because belive it or not there are TONS of people who want to help those who want to learn/understand. (i know i like sharing knowledge to a point).

You want those that have done it before you to just give you the strait answer.
From your view point it would seem so easy for people to just share what they know.

But you must look at it from the perspective of those that HAVE put the effort into researching/trail-error (which you avoid/fail to do/unwilling to do)....if they just hand feed you the answers it underminds/devalues all their work. you gain what they've gain with no work.

That's the problem that i see with many online forms.
everyone is quick to copy or want to learn from others, but when those that know how to do it "coach" or guide people along the way of self discover.... those who ask for help have the mentality of "instant gratification" and just want the strait answer and are not appreciative.

If your not willing to put the work & effort into learning then you should just go out and drive a turn key v8 and have fund "driving". You should re-evaluate that, honestly bro. I'm not coming down on you but i'm just not sure why you ask for help when you give off the vibe like you don't care.

ask any of the OG guys that's been in the scen longer than 6-7yrs, the know what the ordeal is like helping others. We like helping those that help themselves.

back on subject... my bad...
strait answer

Heres something a post a while back.
take what you can from it. - peace
http://ef-honda.com/main/viewtopic.php?t=47625