JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Acura RSX/EP3/K-series

Old 07/26/2006, 08:43 AM   #1
2point
JDM Knight

Default Need help! Axles - RSX specific

Any of you RSX owners help me out here.

I installed my new holeshot racing axles a lil while ago. One side popped in the other we didn't hear pop in. The one that didn't make the sound felt like it was in the right place and we couldn't pull it out even with a large force.

The seal looks good but the play that is available makes me wonder.

Also there is a sound that I can not pin point, but it happens when I hit sharp bump at slow or high speed. I wonder if its the play in the axles making the sound but it could be something else.

I've been driving on the new axles for a lil while. Done some burn outs and some sharp turns and they seem to be working great. I just want to firm up that they are in fact installed correctly and the sound I hear is probably from something else other than the axles.

So if any RSX owners could let me come buy their place or meet up with me sometime, I would like to get under your car and check out your axle setup.

Let me know

call me if possible 540-521-1916

Thanks Ryan

Old 07/26/2006, 05:17 PM   #2
Poop
JDM Knight

Default Re: Need help! Axles - RSX specific

well if you been driving on it, then its should be correctly installed, or it would of came out by now. but for the sound that you hear, is your boot torn? and what side is the axle on that your worried about? because with rsx's the right front area makes popping noises on some people's cars, ive never came across this noise. but alot of people have, but i think that might have to do with the dc5 suspension...but it could be the axles. what time could you come over? and do you actually need to take out my axle? because i just got all of my camber, toe, castor adjusted all the way around, and dont feel like messing the front up. but if you dont need to take the axle off and just the actual wheel to look around then that would be fine. just let me know!

Old 07/26/2006, 11:12 PM   #3
Anthony
JDM Soldier

Your not the only one with this problem like poop said. Most people have this problem. Check out this link, I think this may be it. If not, search "Popping Noise" in clubrsx and you will get numerous threads about a noise coming from what seems the front part of your axle/suspension.

You can try this.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=popping+noise

2002 Acura RSX Type-Sexy
Old 07/27/2006, 04:24 PM   #4
2point
JDM Knight

guys, Hook me up with your phone numbers or just call me on mine

540-521-1916

What I really need to do is.. .
check the engagment of the FR pass side axle into the mid shaft.

I can't make out specifically where the noise is comming from, but I think its actually the Drivers Side and not he Pass Side.

Last edited by 2point; 07/27/2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08/25/2007, 01:25 AM   #5
sophletch

check out some online technical resources.. they should be able to help.

got discount acura parts for my '95 Legend.. woot!