JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Technical Forum > Suspension/Chassis/Brakes

Reply
 
Old 03/14/2012, 12:37 PM   #1
ryuseal
Newbie
 
ryuseal's Avatar
 
ryuseal is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DSM
Posts: 8

 
Default Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

I heard F2, D2, and KSport coils are mediocre coils for the Fa5. So what about Buddy Club? Good or Bad Reviews about them?

  Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2012, 02:43 PM   #2
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuseal View Post
I heard F2, D2, and KSport coils are mediocre coils for the Fa5. So what about Buddy Club? Good or Bad Reviews about them?
KONI + GROUND CONTROL


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 10:22 AM   #3
blacksheep
JDM King
 
blacksheep's Avatar
 
blacksheep is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, Iowa
Posts: 1,349

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Sir, I believe I replied to your last thread on the FA5. Whats your budget - Asking for best coilover is like asking for best car out there - you will get many opinions. What do you plan on doing with the car in the 1st place - Auto-x, road-race, HPDE, Hardpark on downtown bridge every saturday night etc?

Here is your best FA5 options. I own a FA5 and I know a lot about their suspension...

On a budget - HFP springs and struts are the best. R&D done by honda. Strut and spring combo tested together - 1" drop. No camber adjustment needed. Spend about $600.

On a bigger budget - You can do lowering springs and Konis (Eibach, Nuespeed, H&R, progress, etc - upto 1.6" drop. Spend $900

On a better bigger budget - Koni and Ground controls. If you go much past 500lb springs, you can get koni's re-built. Spend $1100

On best budget - KW V3 is best out there now IMHO. Spend $2500 at minimum

Now best suspension setup IMHO for FA5: KW V3 with linear spring conversion and ASM camber plates, buddy club ball joints up front, SPC dual camber bolts in front, SPC V2 adjustable control arms in rear and a progress 25mm rear swaybar with a civic EX front swaybar. This is done right, done tight - ballin, shotcallin - ooh ooh. Get it, got it? Good!

Also, remember for any Koni conversion - you need to use stock shocks for front. Koni is an insert cartridge. You gut it out and shove Koni's in.

If you want additional advice, let me know - We can build any suspension package you want listed above or a combo. We carry all those brands. Hope this helps!



__________________

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2012, 10:30 AM   #4
blacksheep
JDM King
 
blacksheep's Avatar
 
blacksheep is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, Iowa
Posts: 1,349

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuseal View Post
I heard F2, D2, and KSport coils are mediocre coils for the Fa5. So what about Buddy Club? Good or Bad Reviews about them?
Pretty much any sub-1000 coilover is made in the same place in China and re-badged under different brands with different colors. Fortune Auto is the only exception to this IMHO, but they do not have a FA5 option yet.

Buddy Club quality has gone way down - They became chinese for most part for coilovers and exhaust mass production and have heard tons of issues on quality. Buddy Club N+ is decent, but close to a 1000 bux and I would maybe suggest people using this as a last resort.

Also, H&R makes a coilover setup. I cannot find spring rates, its not dampening adjustable, just height. It uses a bilstein monotube shock so quality is good. Dont know if its track worthy - although you can get different springs and valving from Bilstein as well, but that costs more. You may as well get KW V3's.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by blacksheep; 03/15/2012 at 10:32 AM.

__________________

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2012, 12:23 PM   #5
TOTO
JDM Fan
 
TOTO is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moving to Cedar Rapids
Posts: 32

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Pretty much any sub-1000 coilover is made in the same place in China and re-badged under different brands with different colors. Fortune Auto is the only exception to this IMHO, but they do not have a FA5 option yet.

Buddy Club quality has gone way down - They became chinese for most part for coilovers and exhaust mass production and have heard tons of issues on quality. Buddy Club N+ is decent, but close to a 1000 bux and I would maybe suggest people using this as a last resort.

Also, H&R makes a coilover setup. I cannot find spring rates, its not dampening adjustable, just height. It uses a bilstein monotube shock so quality is good. Dont know if its track worthy - although you can get different springs and valving from Bilstein as well, but that costs more. You may as well get KW V3's.

Hope this helps!
I just found out about this yesterday right before i just bought some d2 coilovers...


__________________

1994 Bmw 325i M3 Swap Dinan Special

1997 Civic Ex B20v Turbo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 07:04 AM   #6
blacksheep
JDM King
 
blacksheep's Avatar
 
blacksheep is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, Iowa
Posts: 1,349

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
I just found out about this yesterday right before i just bought some d2 coilovers...
Need anything, buy from us. We won't sell you junk just to sell you something...


__________________

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 07:05 AM   #7
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Need anything, buy from us. We won't sell you junk just to sell you something...
LOL...so you're gonna stop selling kids the Beaks tie bar with the ASR subframe brace combo? Hahaha


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 08:04 AM   #8
TOTO
JDM Fan
 
TOTO is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moving to Cedar Rapids
Posts: 32

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Need anything, buy from us. We won't sell you junk just to sell you something...
i will remember that. i do want a sway bar kit and a subframe brace for my 97 civic ex. harness straps and seat brackets. other than that there is not much else i need.


__________________

1994 Bmw 325i M3 Swap Dinan Special

1997 Civic Ex B20v Turbo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 08:21 AM   #9
blacksheep
JDM King
 
blacksheep's Avatar
 
blacksheep is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, Iowa
Posts: 1,349

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabebauman View Post
LOL...so you're gonna stop selling kids the Beaks tie bar with the ASR subframe brace combo? Hahaha
We have customers who tell us what they want - they believe they need this and we are glad to oblige to meet their needs. Now, we also have customers who ask us for our opinion, we suggest parts accordingly. Let me put it to you this way - If all our customers cried out for wink mirrors and tweed headliners, you bet we would sell those too


__________________

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 09:11 AM   #10
gabebauman
DR. DIY
 
gabebauman's Avatar
 
gabebauman is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 4,314

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
We have customers who tell us what they want - they believe they need this and we are glad to oblige to meet their needs. Now, we also have customers who ask us for our opinion, we suggest parts accordingly. Let me put it to you this way - If all our customers cried out for wink mirrors and tweed headliners, you bet we would sell those too
I could probably wrap some tie barz with tweedz.


__________________

FOR SALE> http://www.jdmcity.com/showthread.php?t=3858

CLICK IT> http://gabusface.blogspot.com/

PS: I cut holes in fenders...pm me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2012, 09:22 AM   #11
blacksheep
JDM King
 
blacksheep's Avatar
 
blacksheep is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DSM, Iowa
Posts: 1,349

 
Default Re: Whats the best suspension for a Fa5?

DO IT UP SON! Be the next big thing for Hondas, you never know!


__________________

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #205/1000
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.