JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Nissan Forum

Old 12/25/2013, 11:39 PM   #1
cpnguyen83

Default 1991 Nissan 300zx 2+2 non-turbo Oil Pan removal and installation

To those who work on their cars alone, It is a two man job to replace the oil pan gasket. You can be the best at what you do but when re-installing the oil pan using RTV don't be hard headed like I am and do it yourself. I ran into problems when I use the free online PDF files for 300zx. The manual gives good instructions to remove and install the oil pan but when it come to hoist your engine with a engine jack and at the same time using transmission jack and lower the transverse member to get to the oil pan. There's no room to lay under the car if you use a engine jack and transmission jack at the same time. My advice is to lower the transverse member and remove it along with the rack and pinon. You have to remove the tie rod ends on both side and the two bolts that keeps the transverse member arms attach to the wheel assembly. This way you have a lot of room to work. 300zx barely have any room under the hood. Might as well spending extra time to remove to make it ez on yourself. By far, this car is the worst to work on. There's no room to at all!

Last edited by cpnguyen83; 12/25/2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12/26/2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Default Re: 1991 Nissan 300zx 2+2 non-turbo Oil Pan removal and installation

I did mine at the same time as doing a bunch of maintenance, was sssssuuuuupppppeeerrr easy with it outside of the engine bay.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)