JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Honda/Acura Forum > Acura RSX/EP3/K-series

Old 07/31/2006, 08:52 PM   #1
rsxtyper
JDM Soldier

Default tein s tech

well...well- time to get started on my suspension! I really am leaning toward the tein s tech coilover system(little pricey) is it worth it and what do other rsx owners have and or like? what would be good for me(street use mostly, but maybe track like autocross and drag in the future) need some advice, thanks-Matt

Old 08/01/2006, 03:51 AM   #2
Pandaimpreza
JDM Soldier

Default Re: tein s tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxtyper
well...well- time to get started on my suspension! I really am leaning toward the tein s tech coilover system(little pricey) is it worth it and what do other rsx owners have and or like? what would be good for me(street use mostly, but maybe track like autocross and drag in the future) need some advice, thanks-Matt

for street use i highly suggest going with a spring and strut combo. coil overs are a little too stiff for me especially for des moines roads. if your car was used just for track or even auto-x then a coilover system would be ideal. even with adjustable struts you can make a simple spring and strut combo stiff. save yourself some money and get some nice performance struts and springs. use the extra cash to get yourself into the next auto-x event.

"Dieu lei lo mo chau hei ham ga tsan!"
Old 08/01/2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Hurricane_Hung
JDM Soldier

im running on tein springs with stock struts. its a nice drop, not too extreme.

i dont think you really need new shocks unless you drop your car more than 2 inches. The Type S shocks are pretty stiff enuff.

or you can juz save up and get some real coilovers

03 rsx-s done for now
06 is250 daily grinder
Old 08/01/2006, 10:26 AM   #4
rsxtyper
JDM Soldier

where did you guys get your suspension(camber kit, springs,struts) put on at, or did you diy?

Old 08/01/2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Poop
JDM Knight

Well just to let you know if you get springs, or sleeve coilovers, i have some Koni Yellow's for a dc5/rsx they are great shocks, and i'll let them go for $500 brand new, never installed! but i just bought and installed the best suspension money can buy for a rsx, its the Buddy Club N+ they usually cost around $1+ something like that i know some people that work at buddy club so if you want a deal ask me first, cuz i got hooked up, but anyways i got the N+'s they are fucking great, my car is slammed 3 inches all the way around i want to go lower but cant, but if you want low and still ride dope thats the coilover to buy, i was going to get the Buddy Club RSD's but thats too much of a race coilover for me imho, plus they are an extra $500-800 dollars but they are worth every penny, plus they have front and rear camber adjustabilty ! but for most people around here all they want are a mild drop for daily driving, so i'd go with maybe tein, progress, h&r springs on some Koni's or some nice shocks. But for me i had to go with the full coilover system, because im going to be tracking it. but here is my setup...Buddy Club N+ coilovers(comes with front camber adjustabilty), and for rear camber i bought an SPC rear camber kit, comptech Rear tie bar and sway bar combo. thats all i got so far. but i love it couldn't ask for more! if you have any question's please ask.

btw i put it all on myself, and adjusted camber myself, i always do my shit on my own, its better to learn that way, but i did go to tire's plus for their 3 year free alignment deal to get it aligned afterwards! cuz alignment(toe angle) is something that im not gonna fuck with!

Old 08/01/2006, 11:24 AM   #6
Poop
JDM Knight

btw if you get a coilover suspension and you want to go low, tein's are the worst, they are too soft of a spring rate, thus making it all bouncy. plus since the rsx has a strut suspension setup in the front, and wishbone in the back. when buy coilovers make sure they front steering arm is raised alittle on the coilver because when you lower your car you put stress on that steering arm, causing your shit to get warped and all fucked up. because people have had problems with shocks popping out because they shock didnt replace the steering arm, and they lowered it too much then the shock just pops out, haha its kinda funny actually.

if your big ballin, the best suspension for about any car, on the market would be ZEAL Coilovers, but they are like $3,000-5,000. lol i wish i could afford that shit!

Old 08/01/2006, 11:33 AM   #7
rsxtyper
JDM Soldier

ok, now i'm having second thougths about going with tein...I want a nice drop like 1 1/2''-2'' drop but with good ride quality...I have heard so many different suggestions I really don't know what to get...the koni shocks sound nice and I need to know how much of a deal I can get the buddy club n+'s for?

Old 08/01/2006, 01:17 PM   #8
Poop
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxtyper
ok, now i'm having second thougths about going with tein...I want a nice drop like 1 1/2''-2'' drop but with good ride quality...I have heard so many different suggestions I really don't know what to get...the koni shocks sound nice and I need to know how much of a deal I can get the buddy club n+'s for?
well it sounds like you should get tein s-techs, with koni's i think that would be perfect for you! because any lower than a 2 inch drop you would want something like a full coilover suspension, but since you said 1 1/2 - 2 inches you would just be wastin your money to buy something so expensive, and not use it to its full potential. im willing to part out my koni's for $500 delivered by me to your door step, plus if you dont like the drop on the s-techs, you can set the koni's to its lowest perch which sets the spring on the shock lower. its up to you, pm me with details, then ill give you some more information.

Old 08/01/2006, 04:18 PM   #9
Poop
JDM Knight

another thing, their is no such thing as a tein s.tech coilover system, the s-techs are only springs. and they arent pricey they are cheap as hell i used to own some for my gsr, it was like $100.oo, then i upgraded to Ground control. but anyways you must be referring to one of the full coilover systems tein makes.

Old 08/01/2006, 10:42 PM   #10
rsxtyper
JDM Soldier

so if I went with the buddy club n+ coilovers; what kind of a "deal" could you get me?

Old 08/01/2006, 11:46 PM   #11
Poop
JDM Knight

ill pm you!

Old 04/23/2008, 09:24 PM   #12
Dc2Ninjah
JDM Soldier

poop let me git a hook up!

Old 04/23/2008, 09:43 PM   #13
JBruckhoff
Function>Form

lol bro this is from 06

04 G35 coupe Vortech supercharged *sold*
09 Pontiac G8 GT
Old 04/24/2008, 06:17 PM   #14
Dc2Ninjah
JDM Soldier

ohh snap good looking out buddy hahaha!...didnt realize that ima just order some balling suspension thanks tho...

Old 05/21/2008, 07:03 AM   #15
RICKYritethere
Work

ive got a set of SETTLED tein s techs, used for 8k miles, bought brand new in july of 2007. honestly its a good moderate drop about 2 finger gaps all around. ill be selling these soon for $100 local.

Old 05/21/2008, 07:05 AM   #16
RICKYritethere
Work

^ also authentics, ebay sells fake ones that look like the real deal no slanted tein stickers here folks.

Old 10/31/2008, 09:27 AM   #17
MrChantavong

If your gonna spend money i would go for N+ i mean if your gonna go to the track with your car if for stylin Run s-techs good mild drop man!! had mine on for 1 1/2 years no strut problems on stock...But im switchin to N+ gettin the car track ready haha.

Old 10/31/2008, 09:28 AM   #18
MrChantavong

LMAO 2006...