JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Nissan Forum

Old 11/18/2011, 10:10 AM   #26
pirate
JDM Knight

Default Re: SKYLINE HELP NEEDED

In CAN, you cannot sign the car over to a non CAN person(the car has to be reg in CAN, so you would need to have a CAN address, and be a CAN resident.), to do it legit, that has to go to a dealership/exporter for export papers. IE then you get taxed and then denied since the car cannot be imported into the US. so again, your problem will be crossing the border.. GL tho. Your risking your career for a car. Im sure the military stuff comes thru customs as well, some one has to take delivery, and verify that said items made it.. . W.e you say , i know for a fact that car will not make thru on any mil transport. Its simply on the list. If have time today, ill find said list. What do you think the inpsectors job is? to search for ILLEGAL things.. the car is illegal, and IF it got to shore (wont happen) he and you would be in some hot water for such a huge "oversight". I wish you all the luck. but again, your not the first to even dream of this, your likr # 365658. did you even read any of the articles i posted. either way they are gunna pull a antonie dodson.. they gunna find you. so run tell dat

Only real way to do it is to commit fraud. end o story

Syn Customs: Carbon fiber and fiberglass work
www.facebook.com/syn-customs

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to 0.
Old 11/18/2011, 10:34 AM   #27
turbob20vtecciv
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
In CAN, you cannot sign the car over to a non CAN person(the car has to be reg in CAN, so you would need to have a CAN address, and be a CAN resident.), to do it legit, that has to go to a dealership/exporter for export papers. IE then you get taxed and then denied since the car cannot be imported into the US. so again, your problem will be crossing the border.. GL tho. Your risking your career for a car. Im sure the military stuff comes thru customs as well, some one has to take delivery, and verify that said items made it.. . W.e you say , i know for a fact that car will not make thru on any mil transport. Its simply on the list. If have time today, ill find said list. What do you think the inpsectors job is? to search for ILLEGAL things.. the car is illegal, and IF it got to shore (wont happen) he and you would be in some hot water for such a huge "oversight". I wish you all the luck. but again, your not the first to even dream of this, your likr # 365658. did you even read any of the articles i posted. either way they are gunna pull a antonie dodson.. they gunna find you. so run tell dat

Only real way to do it is to commit fraud. end o story

That is completely 100% true. It does suck cause i want one. A friend of mine bought an r33 earlier this year and cannot get it registered in Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, South Dakota, or North Dakota so its basically a huge paper weight.

'01 Lexus IS300, DD
'74 Datsun 260Z Work in progress
'97 Civic Coupe Turbo B20 vtec, Money pit
Old 11/18/2011, 10:42 AM   #28
turbob20vtecciv
JDM Soldier

And i forgot. My buddy Shawn was deployed in Iraq bought one over there and had to sell it due to skylines being on the list of things not able to import to america..

'01 Lexus IS300, DD
'74 Datsun 260Z Work in progress
'97 Civic Coupe Turbo B20 vtec, Money pit
Old 11/18/2011, 12:00 PM   #29
pirate
JDM Knight

your friend with the r33.. he wanna sell it? lmk.. i like paper weights

Old 11/18/2011, 07:11 PM   #30
fcdin
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
your friend with the r33.. he wanna sell it? lmk.. i like paper weights
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...658725094.html

I believe the same guy has a yellow RHD FD too, with a Extremely Rare Viper Looking front bumper.

Old 11/18/2011, 10:54 PM   #31
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Here, simple answer for you. You cannot have an R34 in the states and have it be street legal. The only way to have one is to have it as "race use" only and if you do that you can NEVER get it registered so you will NEVER be able to drive it on the streets. The car has NOT passed safety and because of this you wont be able to import one until it is 25 years of age so you've got a long time to go before you can have one on the streets.

Damn that's a good lookin' pixel car ;)
Old 11/18/2011, 11:00 PM   #32
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Also let me add to this. The only legal skyline you can import is the R33 with manufacturing dates between 1/96-6/98. Here is a link to a list of non conforming vehicles that can be imported. Also note that anything withing 21 years of age will need to go through a registered importer and pass emissions. Which is not cheap by any means. Expect to spend over 20k importing a car that costs 5k. Not worth it.

Just wait 3 years and import and R32. You only have to fill out one form and you yourself can fill it out.

Here's the NHTSA's list of cars that have passed safety.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/elig100111.pdf

Old 11/19/2011, 12:21 AM   #33
dalawoi
toaster box

i wonder how much it would be to get a jdm 94-97 prelude since they passed

2012 kia soul
1993 mirage ;)

it aient mad jdm tight if you aient driving on the right
Old 11/19/2011, 06:29 AM   #34
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

ok so either i have to wait till the car is 25 which by that time would be pointless or just forget the dream of the car so my next question is this is there anyway to make it legal fot the streets without completely ruining the car.

Old 11/19/2011, 06:34 AM   #35
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

you guys have been a really big help so i can do one of a few things first buy a r33 now and or just wait for 12 years and save up everyday till then

Old 11/19/2011, 10:22 AM   #36
pirate
JDM Knight

finally he gets it...

Old 11/19/2011, 10:59 AM   #37
timtwo40
JDM Fan

waiting 12 years sounds like a dream

'94 integra ls, DD
'96 integra ls, JDM BUILD
'88 RX-7 gxl, SOLD
'95 s14 zenki, SOLD
Old 11/19/2011, 07:37 PM   #38
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

no shit it sounds like a dream but there has go to be a way to get it now and if i had to wait that long really i might as well just go get a rhd r35 yea i am not having a true jdm car that i have always wanted but its a ok compromise

Old 11/20/2011, 09:01 AM   #39
mattcossel29
jackstand ballin

You realize you will probably have the same problems with titling a JDM R35 right?

If you want an R34 that bad just buy one ship it here and haul it to the track and enjoy it there.

There is NO legal way around it, accept that fact.

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."

Old 11/20/2011, 12:58 PM   #40
Pancho
JDM Knight

Like they say "it's not illegal unless you get caught!!".. Lol

92 Civic Hatch SI [Sold]
92 Talon Tsi AWD[Sold]
93 Civic Hatch SI [Sold]
Old 11/20/2011, 02:34 PM   #41
JBruckhoff
Function>Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcossel29 View Post
You realize you will probably have the same problems with titling a JDM R35 right?

If you want an R34 that bad just buy one ship it here and haul it to the track and enjoy it there.

There is NO legal way around it, accept that fact.
What Matt said. If you do get it here and managed to get it registered you have a high chance of it getting seized like all the other ones in the US. I really don't think you realize all the work and money that involved in this. but good luck.

04 G35 coupe Vortech supercharged *sold*
09 Pontiac G8 GT
Old 11/20/2011, 07:24 PM   #42
pirate
JDM Knight

clearly hes not smart enuf to get what we are saying. i say let him try/waste his time. im over 11teen yr olds/newbs coming into forums with outlandish dreams, and then continuing on after they are given sound advice from people who know. how annoying. GL op....

Old 11/21/2011, 04:40 PM   #43
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Here is the best bit of advice I can give you. If you are any bit serious about getting a skyline like I am. Get a motor now, then spend the next three years building it so by the time an R32 becomes legal you'll have a built motor ready to go in it. Along with any other parts you want to put on it.

If you truly want a skyline, you're gonna have to deal with how old it'll be by the time you can get it, or you're gonna have to be willing to pay a retarded amount of money for an R33.

And like I said before, there is always the option of getting any year skyline you want, but for RACE PURPOSES ONLY which means you will NEVER and I can't emphasis this enough. NEVER be able to drive that car on the streets. I'll give you an example of what would happen if you got an R34 and imported it for race use. You will get to see the title once, and it'll be for that brief moment that you sign it. From there the car can never touch US roads. Your driveway is the closest thing to the street the car will ever be able to get. If caught driving it on the streets, the car will be seized on sight, crushed, and you'll be stuck paying a huge fine for the rest of your life along with possible jail time.

Read about the importation laws, I've read it countless number of times. You can get a copy of a 60 page PDF online and read through it all. Another thing, if you're interested. Read up on MotoRex and see what they did. I'm sure you're puzzled about how other people have managed to drive R34 on the streets. At one time they were said to be "legal" however the company that did the crash testing (motorex) had only crash tested the R33 and said the results were for all the skyline. Needless to say once caught they were shut down, fined a crap ton of money. And now every skyline owner that doesn't have the right year R33 has to live with the fear that one day Customs will come knocking on their front door giving them 2 options. "we take your car and crush it, or you get it exported now."

Don't fall for the tricks that other people will lead you into believing. People will try to claim that their R34 is legal because they have it registered and drive it on the streets. It isn't, all it is is a ticking time bomb waiting to get seized. The cars that MotoRex imported didn't get "grandfathered" into the US because they were said to be "legal" at one time.

So either give up on the dream, or wait till you're an old man to buy an old classic Japanese car.

Old 11/21/2011, 04:47 PM   #44
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Also, thought you might like to read this.
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/bre...ne-owners.html

Old 11/21/2011, 04:49 PM   #45
Dj Technick
テクニック☆スライド

Also this page should provide you with all the information you will need to know about importing a car.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/

Old 11/21/2011, 08:33 PM   #46
crvtec54
JDM Knight

this is an age old problem that wont change anytime soon. just get an r32 in a few years and enjoy it. nico has the answers you need. there are plenty of legal r32's and 33's..some are sketchy, some are legit. but owners arent normally tossing out their info. i know one legal, papered r33 owner in iowa but im sure there are others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvO-X View Post
guess us americans just love our firebirds with the whip cb antennas and the crager torque thrusts...yeehaw! stars and bars!
http://i.imgur.com/72jrv8J.gif
Old 11/23/2011, 10:00 AM   #47
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
Like they say "it's not illegal unless you get caught!!".. Lol
I like this guys thinking pattern

Old 11/23/2011, 10:12 AM   #48
jawnewbe2
JDM Soldier

its not that im not taking the advice or that i dont believe you guys or that i think that i know better than any of you guys cuz i would not have posted this if i was not serious about it. but im not saying import a r35 just get the front end off one and swap it cuz i am not going to deal with gay ass import laws.

Old 11/23/2011, 11:37 AM   #49
JBruckhoff
Function>Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnewbe2 View Post
its not that im not taking the advice or that i dont believe you guys or that i think that i know better than any of you guys cuz i would not have posted this if i was not serious about it. but im not saying import a r35 just get the front end off one and swap it cuz i am not going to deal with gay ass import laws.
swap it on to what? an r32? because if thats the case that will look horrible IMO.

04 G35 coupe Vortech supercharged *sold*
09 Pontiac G8 GT
Old 11/24/2011, 12:04 AM   #50
crvtec54
JDM Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnewbe2 View Post
i would not have posted this if i was not serious about it.
for some reason i just think this is hilarious...oh jdmcity and its serious posts.. lol no insult intended for you. this just isnt a very serious place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBruckhoff View Post
swap it on to what? an r32? because if thats the case that will look horrible IMO.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvO-X View Post
guess us americans just love our firebirds with the whip cb antennas and the crager torque thrusts...yeehaw! stars and bars!
http://i.imgur.com/72jrv8J.gif