JDMCITY.COM
Advertise with us!

Go Back   JDMCITY.COM > Manufacturer Forum > Nissan Forum

Old 06/08/2013, 03:37 AM   #1
360eno
JDM Fan

Default Any CA18 parts?

if anyone can help out it would be great.

Old 06/11/2013, 10:57 AM   #2
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Default Re: Any CA18 parts?

Did you get a CA18??? Those motors are fucking wicked awesome! They can handle a TON of boost too!

Old 06/12/2013, 08:01 AM   #3
360eno
JDM Fan

I should be getting one soon. ( 2 weeks )
It needs some parts, so thats why im asking.
I wish its as good as i read about it when i get it running.

Old 06/12/2013, 01:45 PM   #4
The Laser
JDM King

should have just got a CA18DET. not the best nissan motor, but is a lot better than the regular CA18. what is it going in?

"does this have V-tec? i bet it has V-tec"
"V-tec is for fags. This has boost"
Old 06/12/2013, 03:39 PM   #5
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laser View Post
should have just got a CA18DET. not the best nissan motor, but is a lot better than the regular CA18. what is it going in?
I'm pretty confident that's what he's getting and I'm pretty confident that it's going into the 240 in his avatar.

Old 06/13/2013, 07:57 AM   #6
360eno
JDM Fan

Going in my 240sx s13 hatch!
was going to go for another sr20, but dont have that much money now.
Got a good deal on a CA18DET, so might as well take it.
Hope the CAs are good.

Last edited by 360eno; 06/13/2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06/13/2013, 08:08 AM   #7
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

The CA are a very good engine.

Old 06/13/2013, 09:32 AM   #8
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360eno View Post
Going in my 240sx s13 hatch!
was going to go for another sr20, but dont have that much money now.
Got a good deal on a CA18DET, so might as well take it.
Hope the CAs are good.
so you are getting a CA18DET. you didnt say in the initial post so i was wondering.
@themaster i didnt ask you, i asked him. he may have more than one car, maybe even an S12

the CA18DET is a fairly stout motor, though, obviously, the SR20 surpasses it in every way. since the DET motor is a JDM only motor, any parts are going to be fairly expensive, since youll have to ship them from japan (if any company still makes anything). try this site for some used parts http://club-s12.org/retro4/

Last edited by The Laser; 06/13/2013 at 09:35 AM.

Old 06/13/2013, 09:37 AM   #9
360eno
JDM Fan

so you are getting a CA18DET. you didnt say in the initial post so i was wondering.
@themaster i didnt ask you, i asked him. he may have more than one car, maybe even an S12

i wish i had more then one.

Old 06/13/2013, 01:57 PM   #10
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:

the CA18DET is a fairly stout motor, though, obviously, the SR20 surpasses it in every way. since the DET motor is a JDM only motor, any parts are going to be fairly expensive, since youll have to ship them from japan (if any company still makes anything). try this site for some used parts http://club-s12.org/retro4/
Don't listen to this clown. Part's aren't expensive. They cost the same as it would to get SR parts which costs the same if not less then getting parts for a honda b series engine. It might take a little more searching because there aren't stores galore but there are some good sites which will have basically everything you need.

http://www.frsport.com
www.phase2motortrend.com

There are a lot more but just to show you 2 well known sites offer plenty of parts and as you can see the pricing is just as cheap as the SR pricing is.

If I were you I would pick up this motor as soon as you can, they don't stick around for very long when someone posts them for sale, especially if they have it listed for a good price. You don't want to miss out on your chance to get it.

Old 06/13/2013, 03:34 PM   #11
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Don't listen to this clown. Part's aren't expensive. They cost the same as it would to get SR parts which costs the same if not less then getting parts for a honda b series engine. It might take a little more searching because there aren't stores galore but there are some good sites which will have basically everything you need.

http://www.frsport.com
www.phase2motortrend.com

There are a lot more but just to show you 2 well known sites offer plenty of parts and as you can see the pricing is just as cheap as the SR pricing is.

If I were you I would pick up this motor as soon as you can, they don't stick around for very long when someone posts them for sale, especially if they have it listed for a good price. You don't want to miss out on your chance to get it.
http://www.phase2motortrend.com/ca18det1.html-not not a whole lot of performance choices aside from pistons

http://www.frsport.com/index.php?tar...1&y=-272-shows same exact pistons for same exact price.

neither site has any comparable parts to compare cost, so that argument is quite invalid. a simple search on the site i posted came up with this http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php...1022#msg191022 leading to the point that you need to custom make most of the stuff for it or improvise (or McGuyver, as i like to call it) parts.

Old 06/14/2013, 08:50 AM   #12
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:
http://www.phase2motortrend.com/ca18det1.html-not not a whole lot of performance choices aside from pistons

http://www.frsport.com/index.php?tar...1&y=-272-shows same exact pistons for same exact price.

neither site has any comparable parts to compare cost, so that argument is quite invalid. a simple search on the site i posted came up with this http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php...1022#msg191022 leading to the point that you need to custom make most of the stuff for it or improvise (or McGuyver, as i like to call it) parts.
CP pistons, tomei springs, retainers, solid rockers, cams, gasket kits. Its not like you go to one site for everything.

Crower, Wiseco, K1, Supertech, Greddy, Tomei, ACL, and much much more all make internals for them.

You can get any aftermarket part you need for a CA18det easily here. Fuck Google search the part you want and it comes up right away, you can even hit the shopping tab and wala! Parts galore.

I don't know why you keep referring to the S12 forum site. The CA18det he's talking about came out of the 180sx S13

Last edited by TheMaster; 06/14/2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06/14/2013, 04:21 PM   #13
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
CP pistons, tomei springs, retainers, solid rockers, cams, gasket kits. Its not like you go to one site for everything.

Crower, Wiseco, K1, Supertech, Greddy, Tomei, ACL, and much much more all make internals for them.

You can get any aftermarket part you need for a CA18det easily here. Fuck Google search the part you want and it comes up right away, you can even hit the shopping tab and wala! Parts galore.

I don't know why you keep referring to the S12 forum site. The CA18det he's talking about came out of the 180sx S13
Because any S13 site he will go to will, essentially, be dedicated to the SR20 motors and parts. The S12 was the first car to have the CA18DET in it, but it was only offered outside of the US. THEN it made its way into the 180sx. The S12 site will have much more wealth of knowledge simply because that's what the motor came from. The only difference between the S12 version and the S13 version was the addition of an intercooler, not to mention, it was replaced by the SR motor after 2 years. Both motors are exactly the same.

Old 06/17/2013, 08:07 AM   #14
TheMaster
JDM Soldier

Quote:
Because any S13 site he will go to will, essentially, be dedicated to the SR20 motors and parts. The S12 was the first car to have the CA18DET in it, but it was only offered outside of the US. THEN it made its way into the 180sx. The S12 site will have much more wealth of knowledge simply because that's what the motor came from. The only difference between the S12 version and the S13 version was the addition of an intercooler, not to mention, it was replaced by the SR motor after 2 years. Both motors are exactly the same.
Ah yes, I forgot they came in the Silvia S12. I never paid much attention to that chassis so completely missed that.

Either way tho, there is a lot of info out there on the motor itself. Plus plenty of parts as well.

Old 06/17/2013, 05:45 PM   #15
The Laser
JDM King

Quote:
Ah yes, I forgot they came in the Silvia S12. I never paid much attention to that chassis so completely missed that.

Either way tho, there is a lot of info out there on the motor itself. Plus plenty of parts as well.
That's why I gave him the S12 site since that would be one of the best sources for info on that motor. The CA18DET to the S12 is like the SR20 to the rest of the Silvia family. I miss my S12 now :( was the SE V6 and was very fun, got it as my first car from brother, then when we tried changing the timing belt we fucked up the timing without noticing and tried starting it. Bad idea lol.